Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PR or ER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hanley wrote: »
    Are you actually challenging me to a snatch off?

I think i am!!

ONe thing thats killing me, is my grip is waay too narrow, i started snatching day one because its looks fúcking assome when you're doing standing MPs!! therefore my snatch grip and Press Grip are very similar, its basically ring finger on the rings, i'm gonna have to sort it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

WHy thank you Brian!!

My poor auld abs are going to give up the ghost on the squats soon so im gonna have to start training 'em again which sucks balls!

I think if your core is straining to stay upright its a good sign that you're lifting heavy enough. As for the snatch grip, how tall are you/how long are your arms? Just curious.

I think if your core is straining to stay upright its a good sign that you're lifting heavy enough. As for the snatch grip, how tall are you/how long are your arms? Just curious.

Not straining per se, i tend to fail squats an odd way, in that my core with little warning just caves which is fine in a power cage but i don't squat with safeties so it can be dodge!!

Um, 5"11 barely,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

;) Don't you just hate me cause im ghey Cardio!!:P

Fyp

Not straining per se, i tend to fail squats an odd way, in that my core with little warning just caves which is fine in a power cage but i don't squat with safeties so it can be dodge!!
    Well that's pretty much what I meant, although I've only ever failed one or two squats while still injured so I don't know much about that. Do you do good mornings?
    Um, 5"11 barely,
    I was just curious to see if it had any bearing on your grip.

• Advertisement

Well that's pretty much what I meant, although I've only ever failed one or two squats while still injured so I don't know much about that. Do you do good mornings?

I was just curious to see if it had any bearing on your grip.

naw, i'd have to be much smaller

I Love You Smolov Week 3 Day 3

80% + 5kg 8 x 4

Some Activation stuff

Bench
    bar x 30
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 3

I wasn't happy after the warm up just wasn't feeling it BUUUUTTTTT

110kg
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x5 Just coz i could!!:)

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns
    74.9kg
    3 x 15

Reverse Flye Machine
    no idea what weights x lots of reps

Notes:
    I'm fucking delighted with the benching!!:D
    :pac:I'ma comming for ya Kev;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

:pac:I'ma comming for ya Kev;)

Coming for me? I'd say you're beyond me with that many sets of 4 at 110. Then having an extra rep at the end. That's impressive.

my right tricep seems to be bearing the brunt of Smolov at the moment, its making me do all sorts of strange things to my form!!

Thanks Kev but i doubt it!! ask me to bench to a command and i'd probably bury myself, still its nice to get some progress after being stagnant for so long, i think spending the time bringing up by back and shoulders is really starting to pay off, im delighted!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »
    Coming for me? I'd say you're beyond me with that many sets of 4 at 110. Then having an extra rep at the end. That's impressive.

Don't worry, he's coming for me too. When it's time to spank him I'll take the left, you take the right ;)

• Advertisement

Don't worry, he's coming for me too. When it's time to spank him I'll take the left, you take the right ;)

:D

GRRRRRRRRR:mad:

havn't drank in 6 weeks and its really helping my training, but went for a few last night and felt like death today.... very angry with myself.

was sick as a dog

Chins
    x30odd

EZ Bar Curls
    47.5kg
    5x5

DB Curls
    20kg 'bells
    3 x 10

CABLE CURLS
    32.6kg x 14

BLAAH:(

Smolov Week 3 Day 4

85% 10 x 3

Some Activation Stuff

Bench
    bar x 30
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 5
    100kg x 3

115kg
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x2-1
    x3
    x3

:)

Hang Snatches
    50kg 2 x 8

55kg 3 x 3

Power Snatches
    60kg x 3
    65kg 3 x 3

T-Bar Rows
    60kg x 15
    80kg x 12
    90kg x 12
    100kg x 12
    110kg x 12
    110kk x 12

Standing BTN Press
    40kg 3 x 20

Not happy with the t-bars, havn't done em in 6 months, the ROM felt a bit short TBH, maybe i just need to get back into them properly

Thoughts on training!...

Smolov Jr. is the dogs cahones, bench is going sick at the moment its crazy!! My training partner was literally pissing himself yesterday coz the 115s were going up for fun!! i'll try and explain the current groove im hitting, anything below 110 feels like air!! the 115s were mad i felt in toal control of what was going on, it was like i could evenly disperse the weight wherever i wanted, when my triceps were getting sore i was just kinda like right pecs and shoulders kickin here please and they responded, its mad!!

I know its still not big weight but im really happy just to be progressing, hopefully i'll be able to keep adding weight with the squats without too much extra effort, its nice to be back em to em after so long.

I think all the shoulder work i was doing is really paying off aswell which is excellent!

If put on a bit of fat around the mid-section but i've made some nice gains with it so im okay with that, plus for once in my life my biceps seem to be growing!!

Funny thing i've noticed is that ATM my most fatigued bodypart with all the benching is my forearms which is a bit mad!!

Skipping is unpossible!!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Skipping is unpossible!!:)

Srsly... everyone's copying me today???

So....

Me:
    1181592539-20245SmugSolly.jpg

Kev, You

funny-pictures-copy-cats-in-beds.jpg

Congrats Kev, ya moved up in the world!!

PS: benching looks like it's going well!

I've been copying you for weeks!! i have to do something between sets and skipping seems to be the in thing!

I know its still not big weight but im really happy just to be progressing,
    hopefully i'll be able to keep adding weight with the squats without too much extra effort, its nice to be back em to em after so long.
    Feck off, your 1rm is probably close to twice mine! That's big enough weight to be getting on with. Nice lifting.

Funny thing i've noticed is that ATM my most fatigued bodypart with all the benching is my forearms which is a bit mad!!
    Guess that makes sense since they're being worked statically for stabilization purposes??

Feck off, your 1rm is probably close to twice mine! That's big enough weight to be getting on with. Nice lifting.

Guess that makes sense since they're being worked statically for stabilization purposes??

ya it makes since that they'd be fatigued but they're the only muscle thats really hurting!

Should I do another week of Smolov?
    What say ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Srsly... everyone's copying me today???

So....

Me:
    1181592539-20245SmugSolly.jpg

Kev, You

funny-pictures-copy-cats-in-beds.jpg

Congrats Kev, ya moved up in the world!!

PS: benching looks like it's going well!

pffft....everyone know i started this whole power belly must go fad were all on at the minute...

Smolov Week 4 Day !

70% 6x6 +7.5kg

Some Activation Stuff

Bench
    bar x 30
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 5
    100kg 6x6

My left pec is in pieces, in other news 100kg means nothing to me anymore......the power of burgers!!

Close Grip Reverse Lat Pulldowns
    75kg
    x15
    x17
    x15
    x15-5-4-4-3

Reverse Curls
    30kg 5 x 10

Every KInda curl
    Massive set

• Advertisement

Decided not to squat yesterday as wasn't feeling the best...... I feel like death today, im hoping a combo of strepsils, chocolate and ibuprofen i found in the press is going to keep me going tonight.......gym TBC

funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-question-for-the-vet.jpg

Jeez any excuse...

I think im dying!! i don't do illness well!!

I have all the symtoms of some sort of acute hay-fever but i can't have hay-fever, im a farmer!!

Smolov Week 4 Day 2

75% + 7.5kg 7 x 5

Too fecked up to do activation

Bench
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 5

105kg 7 x 5

Squats
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    110kg x 5
    115kg x 5
    122.5kg x 5

Hammer Curls
    20kg 'bells
    x 30 or so

EDIT: i love this pretend powerlifter buzz im on....... PWO i had 2 scoops of ON 100% whey , A double Burger, A large chips and a litre of milk...good times!

you fail at being a farmer!

How to you fail at something thats so fail to begin with?

:eek: Oh no you didn't!!!

Where do you think your veggies come from little boy? Plus we all know farmers are strong ass mofos.

famers fail at life. /thread

famers fail at life. /thread

i ate a whole cow today..... it was excellent

and i reckon that cow failed at life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

id remove that pic before the veggies get you

• Advertisement

i almost vomited on my pc...

Advertisement