Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Bray

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I wouldn't call it run down at all, although the houses wouldn't be the newest and probably wouldn't have the best BER rating in the world, but then that pretty much covers most of the housing stock built at that time, so nothing different.

The estate is very near me and I know a couple who live there and they haven't reported any problems. Take a look on Google Streetview for first impressions, or drive around there at various times of the day if you want to form your own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Grew up in killarney park/killarney heights area and still have family there. Compared to other places the only trouble you might have is a drunk going home, spanish students gathered at carmel's shop, a big bonfire at Halloween or the odd break in. You have the big field to play in and a 5 minute walk to a local shop. The bus route goes past the estate and it's a 20 min walk to the town.

Worth taking a couple of trips up in the evening to see if there are any gangs hanging around (Killarney heights is a straight road up the side of the field with 3 roads off it known as the bottom, middle and top row, we used to sit at the green esb box between the bottom and middle row).

You will see a lot of Spanish around the area when they are here as they go to school around by Brook house but other than them walking in the middle of the road down the estate I've always found them polite. They love going into Bill's News for sweets so you see a good few around there just after the finish school.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Can I reopen this thread to ask about the area of Old Connawood/Little Bray/Fassaroe (across the road from Lidl, basically)? I was wondering why house prices are lower there generally. I know it has a certain reputation from reading forums, but is it well founded in 2017? Would anyone living there care to comment, please? I'd like to move to the Shankill side of Bray with my two boys (7 & 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 steelyblaze

Hi Inigo,

I moved to Bray last year and can honestly say I am really enjoying it. Not sure why the prices are lower that side of Bray think it has older estates which seem to attract lower prices. You have a few dodgy looking people and hoodies but you get those people everywhere. A friend lives down that way and loves it.

I'd go look at the area at different times and draw your own conclusions.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

I'd go look at the area at different times and draw your own conclusions.

Good Luck

Thanks for that!

I will certainly go and have a good look, but the impressions and opinions of people who've been living there for a while would be very valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Idonotknow

I know this is an old thread but hoping to still get a reply or two!

What is Ballywaltrim heights like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 p17s82

Hi, how about Adelaide Villas area near Supervalu (property named Printworks) - looks really nice, do you see any bad sides of this area? We both work Southside near Dart line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

This is all about Bray
    https://youtu.be/8wtu9TgjRWQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Amazing reading back on the thread from posts back in 08 and see that the florentine centre was being talked about and it's still not finished.

Ended up in Little bray myself and also the changes seen here from what I've heard are massive but the same issues remain in bray overall e.g. Facelift for the mainstreet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A lot of really snobby views about where to live in this thread 🤣

Main Street area does need a face-lift but other than that and traffic I don't see any big problems or issues.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement