Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Ripley Hills and Ripley Court are very nice and quiet areas to live in. its a good half hour walk to the beach and dart but the 145 (or is it 45 now...they have changed around a bit) will have you there in 10 and they are fairly regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

From Ripley Hills you'd have to walk about 3-5 mins in the direction of the 145/45a and then 5-7 mins towards oldcourt for the 45

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the hill though is a fecker especially when its icy. But it is a 20/25 min. walk to the town.

Ouh i remember the hills when it was a forest with a swamp, that my grandfather used to dump his old cars in. I alway thought it weird to build houses over a swamp

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

irishbird wrote: »
    Ouh i remember the hills when it was a forest with a swamp, that my grandfather used to dump his old cars in

Your granda wasn't enviromentally friendly then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

cormie wrote: »
    I heard the Florentine centre ran out of funding. Bray golf course is still being used, I think it's a pay as you go thingy now, no membership. But there's still activity in there. Development will be starting soon enough though.

There's only a few places I'd actually be on edge walking through in Bray, pretty much the ones mentioned above also, but I know people who live in most of them and it's just a few bad apples who give them a bad name. Then again, a lot of trouble makers in Bray are just wannabes anyway and are pretty much harmless.

yeah...............:rolleyes:

:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

As a general rule of thumb you can take it that everywhere south of the river but east of the Main Street is a great place to live!

Plenty of other great estates but a number to be avoided like the plague, naturally they shall remain nameless!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Ive seen Bus stops near Swanbook = same road that Woodies is on.

Anyone know where the time table for that is?

Its soooooo far away from the Dart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

worded wrote: »
    Ive seen Bus stops near Swanbook = same road that Woodies is on.

Anyone know where the time table for that is?

Its soooooo far away from the Dart though.
    please shield your eyes from the shocking website.

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page528.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zaxa

Hi All,

Sorry for a late addittion but I am looking at houses around the Southern Crossroad/Vevay Road are.

Does anyone know what this place is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

And mine does look onto Ardmore Studios

\oh i remember the days as a young kid going into the woods beside my house to pet the horses used in braveheart as they walked them up and down!!

You can always tell when somethings being filmed coz of this constant ringing of a bell...that or all the gun shot noises!! :)

Yeah Londis is just up the road or we also have centra & the off licence etc on the boghall which is very handy rather than going over to tesco!

Oh and there's also a load of apartments in the Headlands on Putland Road, they're pretty snazzy inside!
    Alun wrote: »
    Ah yes, those bells! Not to forget the low flying helicopters when someone 'important' is playing in something they're filming there.
    Mushy wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! How I loved that shop as a young'un(used to live in Richmond Park till I was 6). Go there so often.

Lots of memories in those posts, I lived in Rectory Slopes from the age of 6 until 13 and the Green Tree and the little park at the end of our estate beside it were the centre of my childhood universe (with brief forays into the green fields that are now a bunch of estates between RS and the Studios or the pig farm that used to be up behind the estate...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

zaxa wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry for a late addittion but I am looking at houses around the Southern Crossroad/Vevay Road are.

Does anyone know what this place is like?
    If you want to be near to the town centre then the southern cross isn't a good idea - vevay is a nice enough area but the pub chrissie d's spoils it as that pub attracts a dodgy crowd, I'd say go for vevay road BUT there are about 9 or 10 schools nearby so traffic there can be bad at schooltimes - with Southern Cross it's quite far away from the town with limited public transport BUT the public swimming pool is nearby, personally I would choose the vevay option but as I say the drawbacks to that are traffic and dodgy pub - the other pub The Vevay Inn is a very nice place though

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 simbanala

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a house in Old court park. Any opinions? How's that area for family with children, regards safety and similar things.

Thanks

Old Court Park is nice. Its also known as the soldiers road. Only thing is Oldcourt estate is not great. Can be a few scumbags hanging around there. Also some lovely people it has to be said. There is a pedestrian entrance to that estate from Oldcourt park so if your not very near that you should be fine. In fact there is a house right across from the entrance for sale and it looks lovely but probably nowhere for your kids to play? You should put up a link to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Bray is a great town to Live in. Problem is all the non Bray people who moved into it over the last 20 years.

Us multi generational bray people are now minority :-(

amen wrote: »
    Bray is a great town to Live in. Problem is all the non Bray people who moved into it over the last 20 years.

You're making us sound like culchies....

Anyway, Bray is lovely. I am toying with the idea of moving back myself.

amen wrote: »

Do you really think so? I don't know many newbies in bray. A lot of expanding families brought the need for housing in places I uses to play in like the Germans and southern cross. A lot of young people emigrating now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jhon45

hi everybody. i have intention to buy a house in bray and i am inquiry about the good areas. also i would like to know if Glenthorn, Killarney Road is a good area ? so,please if you have few seconds available and you know very well Bray,give me an advise.thank you

Glenthorn is ok but the estate just beside it, Ballywaltrim heights isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

jhon45 wrote: »
    hi everybody. i have intention to buy a house in bray and i am inquiry about the good areas. also i would like to know if Glenthorn, Killarney Road is a good area ? so,please if you have few seconds available and you know very well Bray,give me an advise.thank you
    hi..and welcome to boards jhon..just out of curiosity ..where are you moving from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jhon45

moving from citywest ,dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

jhon45 wrote: »
    moving from citywest ,dublin
    i think bray is great..i have rellies in both estates and never heard any complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

I'm a blow in, arrived about 20 years ago and I love it. Bray has everything, the prom is great, the dart, the Mermaid theatre, pubs, near the mountains, Bray head, 5 mins on the M50 to the Luas. Love it here.

Most of the Killarney Road is great, walk around, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 napinacz

The road itself is ok but it is right opposite a council estate. Its not a particularly bad one in my opinion but that house has been for sale for a long time and that must be the reason it has put off purchasers. If your really interested in it you should take a drive into Oldcourt (just off boghall road) and drive right to the back of the avenue. Its a pedestrian access that a lot of people use to get to the town. Take a walk around and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 napinacz

Thanks very much foxy06

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Hi all,

Does anyone know what this area is like? Would you move there with young kids? Have read a few dodgy news reports. Is that abandoned factory at Boghall Road still a focal point for anti social behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

steamsey wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know what this area is like? Would you move there with young kids? Have read a few dodgy news reports. Is that abandoned factory at Boghall Road still a focal point for anti social behaviour?

What area?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

What area?

Sorry, Ballywaltrim Cottages

• Registered Users Posts: 6 royari

Dear

Could some one please highlight how is the place near The Printworks, Bray?

I am planning to rent in this place with my wife and kid (2.6 yrs). Is the place safe? How about nearby schools & medical facility?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 LegitStunning

Hi all, currently considering a move to Killarney Heights with my wife and young kids, have heard a few bad reports about the area. Is it run down looking and is there much anti-social behaviour? Thanks.

Advertisement