Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I just ordered there , but didnt receive any confirmation email or anything. Did people receive there's straight away ??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

davton wrote: »
    basquille, what was the amount on the invoice?
    Hmmmm.. not sure. Box isn't close to hand but I'll let you know later. I do know they charged me an extra $10 for shipping (but rang them last week, and they said they'd refund me) as what I bought was just $100 (which is $40 shipping) but they cancelled a top that was out of stock which brought it down to under $100 (which should have been $30 shipping) but they never reduced the shipping.
    Sarge wrote: »
    I just ordered there , but didnt receive any confirmation email or anything. Did people receive there's straight away ??
    Maybe not straight away but pretty close after I ordered. Ordered about 10.30 last Sunday night, and from a quick look at my e-mail - got the order confirmation at 10.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sangre i didn't get a confirmation either.

but if you log in to your account and check order history and see if the order is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Im still waiting for my delivery to come. I orddered it sunday night. Was hoping to have it before the weekend. :(

Adam

I ordered last Sunday too and it hasn't been sent yet.

I ordered three Sundays ago and it arrived on the Thursday of the following week. I emailed them yesterday to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

The custom duty and taxes will be quiet high on these items. i bought a few t shirts from Abercrombie and Fitch and was charged custom duty and tax of nearly €80:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh.. and davton, the amount stated on the invoice was $136.65.

It included the price of each of the items as they were individually priced in the sale, but didn't factor in any promotions or the 20% off code I used.

For example, I bought this cap and even though it was 'Buy One, Get One Half Price' on sale items last week and I used a 20% voucher - which brought the price of it down to $3.98 - it still stated $9.95 on the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Cremo wrote: »
    20% off with this code.

AE Discount Code: 46679413

just bought these
    cheers worked a treat for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    The custom duty and taxes will be quiet high on these items. i bought a few t shirts from Abercrombie and Fitch and was charged custom duty and tax of nearly €80:mad:

You wont incur customs on this stuff unless your spendin around 180 euro, its priority mail, not UPS or Fedex, never order online from abercrombie, your just asking to pay fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Just got my stuff this morning but was charged €56 customs the whole order came to about €133 could someone please check if this is right because it seems alot !! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I got my yesterday.

€40 customs charge! So ****. Ah well I'm still happy.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

i didnt get a confirmation email either and cant remember my booking ref. did people still receive theirs even tho they didnt receive a confirmation email?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I ordered a few things on Monday,got a confirmation e-mail right away saying my order had been placed. Then on Tuesday I got another e-mail saying it had shipped. It arrived this morning. Very happy,wasn't expecting it so fast. Didn't get hit with customs either because the order only came to $108 including shipping,which is about €85.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

No charge on the customs lottery for me either:D
    60 euro worth

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Got an email today saying that theres 25% off this friday, saturday and sunday with the following code ...

I havnt used it, but its worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

hoodies is buy one get one half price,
    used with the code abote 2 $40 hoodies comes in at €44.44 before shipping.

anyone that has bought the hoodies will know the quality is excellent, got 3 of them myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Sweet! Order sent Friday, arrived today. No customs! And it was bloody huuuuge! $700 order!

So happy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

How do you get these codes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

paypal_landing.jpg [Link]

The terms say a U.S paypal account is needed but im not sure if this makes a difference? Loging in to the U.S or irish site seems all the one. If someone is ordering could they post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

kcb wrote: »
    How do you get these codes?

Usually posted here.

http://www.dealcatcher.com/

Updated every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

This code worked for me just now for 20% off;

Seems to work in conjunction with the "buy one get one half price" offer on hoodies/sweaters/shirts as well which is nice.

The $20 off for paying with paypal didn't seem to work for me though, so it must look at your billing address to determine if it's an American account or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pacino

I placed an offer with AE last Sat and I recieved an email on Tues saying that my order has been processed etc... my problem is that I m unable to track the order on line. On the AE website it says "awaiting tracking info"...
    Has anybody experienced this? I have been charged for the order but I dont know if its on the way!!!.
    Thanks
    Pacino

Has anyone ever gotten an email after ordering saying that their information wasn't 100% accurate, and that the order would be delayed until you reply with your name, billing address and phone number as appearing on your bill?

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, and it does come from an "@ae.com" address, but just in case....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

abelard wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten an email after ordering saying that their information wasn't 100% accurate, and that the order would be delayed until you reply with your name, billing address and phone number as appearing on your bill?

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, and it does come from an "@ae.com" address, but just in case....

This is a regular thing with AE. Their should be lots of posts relating to it also. Its nothing to be worried about. It can also happen on following orders. It could be a slight difference in the details you submitted for your credit card.

Was customerservice@ae.com the email sender??
    saying:
    Dear AE shopper,
    > Thank you for your recent order.
    > To enhance security we have instituted several new checks to ensure your
    > order is not being placed fraudulently. Your order was pulled for this
    > verification process and the name, billing address or Phone number supplied
    > was not a complete match with the information your credit card company
    > has on file.
    > For your protection this order was not allowed to process further.
    > In order for your order to be processed, please reply with your name,
    > billing address and billing phone number as it appears on your
    > statement,or call 1.866.338.2389 between the hours of 8-5pm EST,
    > Monday - Friday.
    > Thanks for being a part of the American Eagle brand and we´re sorry for any
    > inconvenience.
    > Sincerely,
    > Your friends @ AE.com

davton wrote: »
    This is a regular thing with AE. Their should be lots of posts relating to it also. Its nothing to be worried about. It can also happen on following orders. It could be a slight difference in the details you submitted for your credit card.

Was customerservice@ae.com the email sender??
    saying:

Aye, that's the one. That's grand, just eases any doubt in my mind, better get back to them so I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pacino

pacino wrote: »
    I placed an offer with AE last Sat and I recieved an email on Tues saying that my order has been processed etc... my problem is that I m unable to track the order on line. On the AE website it says "awaiting tracking info"...
    Has anybody experienced this? I have been charged for the order but I dont know if its on the way!!!.
    Thanks
    Pacino

Any ideas???

pacino wrote: »
    Any ideas???

Some of the orders still say awaiting tracking info. Just email or skype them and they will give you the tracking code.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I bought some stuff 2 weeks ago, came to like $120 + $40 shipping (this was using the promo code)

Got stung by customs for €40

Personallly didnt think it was worth it.... shipping is a joke & customs really stuck the boot in! Postie was a bit of a prick about it too!
    Said we should keep it under $100 (with a smirk on his face) :mad:

Aye, that's the one. That's grand, just eases any doubt in my mind, better get back to them so I guess

As a further to this they've now asked me to fax a copy of my most recent credit card statement and ID. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's just really an added hassle I don't need.

Anyone think I might get away with it if I just cancelled the order and went for it again. It seems that it's a random check, but I'd imagine they could have flagged the account now or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

As a further to this they've now asked me to fax a copy of my most recent credit card statement and ID. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's just really an added hassle I don't need.

Anyone think I might get away with it if I just cancelled the order and went for it again. It seems that it's a random check, but I'd imagine they could have flagged the account now or something.

That happened my brother the first time he ordered. It was to do with the postcode being in the wrong format resulting in the credit card address being wrong. I think he had to fax a copy of his passport and creit card statement.

If you do cancel and reorder just make sure you put in the exact billing address.

• Advertisement

faoile@n wrote: »
    That happened my brother the first time he ordered. It was to do with the postcode being in the wrong format resulting in the credit card address being wrong. I think he had to fax a copy of his passport and creit card statement.

If you do cancel and reorder just make sure you put in the exact billing address.

That might be it alright. The problem is I don't have a postcode so I never know what to put in there. I've ordered from AE before though, not to mention other online stores, and have always gotten away with "n/a" or "none" in the postcode box. Not this time though I guess :rolleyes:

Advertisement