Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I've seen people posting saying they have sent stuff back no problems.

What size you get?
    Could maybe take it off your hands if that saves hassle.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

I returned something to them asking them to exchange for a different size and it was a no-go. They just gave me a refund (and didnt refund return postage either) stating they no longer do free international exchanges.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

hi,

My order came to $185 including the cost of postage which was $40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

My package has been showing as customs in Portloaise for 6 days now (4 without weekend) is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Its size medium colour light blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Mine finally arrived. Didnt get caught for customs even though it went into and out of customs in Portlaoise. Mine spent 3 days not including weekend in customs.

Ordered on Sunday night. Arrived just there on Friday afternoon. Total came to $100 (inc shipping) and I didn't get stung by customs this time. Very pleased with everything. Highly recommended.

Adam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My order was $280 and customs came in at €67. Luckily I got a refund fromthe VHI so I'm sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

How?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kmart6 wrote: »
    How?

how what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

kearnsr wrote: »
    how what?
    Did you get a refund from the VHI?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

kmart6 wrote: »
    Did you get a refund from the VHI?!

Probably for medical expenses. It's unlikely that the VHI are refunding people for customs charges!

Clothes?! Medical expenses?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

bigslick wrote: »
    Any have a link to where i might find custom rates for the duties added on as it seems bit much that they added on nearly 50% onto my order value!! :mad:

http://www.revenue.ie/leaflets/guide_to_importing_goods_through_the_post.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered a few things on Sunday night.. they cancelled one of the items, without any notice to me, and they left the total the same.

Had to phone them (not easy considering their webmail was down, and I was in a rush) for a few reasons:

1. The incorrect price would have added on a nice chunk of customs for an item I didn't recieve
    2. The reduction in price would have also reduced the shipping by $10
    3. Wanted a reason why the product was cancelled

Kinda got it sorted over the phone.. the customer service agent said it should have reduced the cost but it didn't. And I asked her to reduce the shipping appropriately. She said she'd need to a higher department e-mail for a refund. Forgot to ask them on the phone if my shipping invoice would reflect the new price, so I'll have to phone them later!

Urge to kill... RISING! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Got 150 euro worth shipped for free to a Canadian address on Sunday. Family living there so they're gonna remove the tags and send it here. Anything to avoid the customs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Genghis

Got 150 euro worth shipped for free to a Canadian address on Sunday. Family living there so they're gonna remove the tags and send it here. Anything to avoid the customs!

Aren't AE american? If so your family will be charged customs duties in Canada! And afaik they aren't hit and miss about it either. Customs always collect or so my
    Sister in law who lives there says.

Does the shipping invoice from American Eagle contain the price including shipping?

My order was shipped before they could reduce shipping I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 victomized

Order on ebay, I always orders clothes and they come from other countries ie. Canada, USA, CHINA, UK and the clothes are never taxed....

• Advertisement

victomized wrote: »
    Order on ebay, I always orders clothes and they come from other countries ie. Canada, USA, CHINA, UK and the clothes are never taxed....
    You were just lucky.. items from EBay can still be liable to customs charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

basquille wrote: »
    Does the shipping invoice from American Eagle contain the price including shipping?

My order was shipped before they could reduce shipping I think.

The invoice on the front of the parcel shows shipping costs and to make things worse it shows the price of all items before any discounts or special offers. So if customs charge you it's on full list price and shipping.

Balls to that.. not impressed with that! :mad:

Especially considering the questionable nature of my shipping invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

basquille wrote: »
    Balls to that.. not impressed with that! :mad:

Especially considering the questionable nature of my shipping invoice.

Basquille is the cannon fodder......Will wait till you receive yours before ordering....

+1 for Basquille......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Ya i was charged about 15 dollars on duties to Canada, still a lot better than what i'd be paying

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

ordered $173 less discount of $26 = $146+ postage $40= $186.

2 days in Portlaoise customs $45. Overall recieved package with in 1 weeks of ordering.

Dont think with customs its worth ordering.

Recieved yesterday, and no customs charges for me.. chuffed! :D

Im still waiting for my delivery to come. I orddered it sunday night. Was hoping to have it before the weekend. :(

Adam

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Im still waiting for my delivery to come. I orddered it sunday night. Was hoping to have it before the weekend. :(

Adam

Did you try the track and trace and see where it is?

basquille, what was the amount on the invoice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Advertisement