Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My next door neighbour has BB but I dont

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

MajorMax wrote: »
    unlike telephony service which we are REQUIRED as the universal service providers to supply to anyone in the country which includes a minimum of 26.6 kps dial up service.

Is that 26.6kbps or 28.8kbps Max ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

If there is a splitter on the line which is a result of previous government interference in our network
    Comedy. Gold.

You imply that, since the government no longer interfere, splitters are no longer used. I'd love to see that in writing! ;)
    then the only solution is to install a new line at the cost of 121.93 Euro including VAT and even after this there is no guarantee of Broadband.

Sounds plausible in theory. In practice splitters are in remote areas where a new line install will be refused (on economic grounds) or in new estates (where eircom couldn't be bothered laying trunk). I haven't seen/heard of much evidence to suggest that rural splitters are being removed.

Have heard of urban areas getting new trunk laid alright, but customers are still being charged the full line install fee (having already paid it 1-4 years ago) to get a physical line. Either way it's not guaranteed, and it depends on eircom who, historically, will get around to it, in their own good time, like a pint of cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

OK I work for Eircom and I can tell you that Eircom ARE NOT legally required to supply broadband to anyone at any time this is a popular misconception,
    On this thread I think it was only St0n3d that had this particular misconception. Most people expect very little from Eircom these days.

Advertisement