Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired- HD-DVD player + 9 HDDVDs 102euro

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Now to wait for my 10euro Transformers to arrive ( linky ) :D

Just picked up more HDVDs. I have to stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

kearnsr wrote: »
    Hope some one was home but I doubt it!

Careful there. They must have called while I was in the shower and I didn't hear the doorbell. As I was going out the front door to work the box was just left sitting on my doorstep.

I got:
    World Trade Centre
    Black Rain
    Bourne Identity
    Bourne Supremacy (English packaging this time)
    Children of Men
    Holiday
    The Prestige
    Chronicles of Riddick
    Serenity

Still trying to work out I prefer this model the EP30 over the EP10 I got previously. Anyone know if there are any big technical differences? I noticed there is only 1 USB port on the front of the EP30, where the EP10 had two.. although they'll probably never actually do anything with the USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Just rang my local GLS depot, mine's sitting there waiting for me this evening. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

[QUOTE=monkeyfudge;55308907

]Careful there. They must have called while I was in the shower and I didn't hear the doorbell. As I was going out the front door to work the box was just left sitting on my doorstep.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I just rang home and there was no sign of it some hopefully it hasnt been nicked.
    Qwerty? wrote: »
    Just rang my local GLS depot, mine's sitting there waiting for me this evening. :D

What info did you give them?

Just my name and address.

• Advertisement

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Just my name and address.

I just rang GLS and they said without a parcel number than cant tell me anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I got a card from an post saying they missed me this morning and it will be at my local delivery office tomorrow...weird that everyone elses in coming by GLS (i'm in dublin so not like gls don't cover my area)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I got mine at about 13:30.

Is everyone blown away by the quality or only slightly.

Im not sure what side of the fence im on yet

Right, off to do an update of the firmware....

What do you have it hoped up via?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Now to wait for my 10euro Transformers to arrive ( linky ) :D

Some bargains there.
    3 disc Ultimate Mission Impossible Boxset for €20.43 delivered! Don't even like the MI's much, but have to buy it at that price.
    Plus their exhange rate is excellent.
    The total is AU$33.68, which on XE.com is €20.57. But on their website, the Euro price is €20.43!:eek:

Edit: They also have Happy Feet for €8.22 delivered!! Whoever doesn't have it already has to buy it for that kinda money! Great show.

• Advertisement

What do you have it hoped up via?

Hooked up I prisume? Just via ethernet to my router. It did a few updates.

I have to say the upscaling on this for normall dvds is amazing. Blows my Xbox 360 out of the water.

I'm actually finding it hard to see the difference between the hd films and the normall ones, might have some thing to do with my Technosonic 32" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Soarer wrote: »
    The total is AU$33.68, which on XE.com is €20.57. But on their website, the Euro price is €20.43!:eek:

Wow, not a huge fan either but 20 yoyos is nothing for 3 decent-ish action movies, mind you the second one is total rubbish!

Hooked up I prisume? Just via ethernet to my router. It did a few updates.

I have to say the upscaling on this for normall dvds is amazing. Blows my Xbox 360 out of the water.

I'm actually finding it hard to see the difference between the hd films and the normall ones, might have some thing to do with my Technosonic 32" :p

Yeah I meant hooked up and I meant to what TV.

DVD crave seems to be class. I got 3 HDDVDS (including Transfomrs) for €30 delivered whihc is the cost of Transformers in the lifes of HMV or what ever

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

i'll buy yours if you don't like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

anyone selling theirs?

No I dont want to sell it, but I hear of people saying that the difference is larger than that between VHS and DVD, I dont think so.

Dont get me wrong, it still looks great though

Just rang home and it was posted into a neighbour. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Anyone know if there is a region hack for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Have a look on avforums. I think i might have seen mention of one there. I know theres a region hack for the ep10 which i got a few weeks before this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Stokolan wrote: »
    Have a look on avforums. I think i might have seen mention of one there. I know theres a region hack for the ep10 which i got a few weeks before this one.
    Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Mine arrived today, but I didn't get World Trade Center. Instead I got Black Rain? Anyone else get this?

Also, the quality is way better than my xbox 360 hd dvd. Well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Got mine today, disappointed that ibood swapped Black Rain for 300

I got 300 and Black Rain.

Had a quick look at Serenity. Looks class. I think though to see the full effects of the HD you would need a bigger screen and 1080p tv.

But still well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

got black rain instead of wtc

I think though to see the full effects of the HD you would need a bigger screen and 1080p tv.

I have a 40" 1080p Samsung. It is really weird switching from 1080p HD to my UPC Cable box. The difference is huge.

Yeah I got black rain instead of wtc aswell. :(

Well impressed with it thou. Have it hooked up to a 2 year old, 37" HD ready TV, and the TV is finally using it's potential, and boy does it look good.:D

And upscaling looks brilliant.

randomer wrote: »
    I have a 40" 1080p Samsung. It is really weird switching from 1080p HD to my UPC Cable box. The difference is huge.

I got an unexpected windfall today and I'm half tempted to go out and blow it. I shouldnt but I might!

I got an unexpected windfall today and I'm half tempted to go out and blow it. I shouldnt but I might!

Power City have a Samsung M87 1080p, for €1255.45 if you order online. You can still collect in store. The instore price is €1350.

This is the TV that I paid €1700 for less than a year ago. I would highly recommend it.

randomer wrote: »
    Power City have a Samsung M87 1080p, for €1255.45 if you order online. You can still collect in store. The instore price is €1350.

This is the TV that I paid €1700 for less than a year ago. I would highly recommend it.

My treat myself but at the moment I cant justify it already having a HD tv. I'lll see if I can shift it first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Stokolan wrote: »

Sorry for the off-topic, but any links to the EP10 hack?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement