Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired- HD-DVD player + 9 HDDVDs 102euro

Options
  • 23-02-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

** HD-DVD is dead ** (but still a great offer)

Toshiba HD-EP30 High Definition DVD player + 9 HD Movies « back

* Brand: Toshiba
    * Type: HD-EP30
    * DVD Video and HD DVD Video
    * 720p / 1080p and 1080i Video Output
    * Compatible with: DVD Video / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / CD (Audio) / CD-R / CD-RW / DVD-R DL / HD-DVD
    * Audio: Dolby Digital Audio Decoder / Dolby Digital Compatible / Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby True HD / DTS Compatible / DTS - HD(core)
    * Picture: 24 Frames per second / PAL Progressive / Icon on-screen display / Variable zoom
    * DVD Up-scaling 720p / 1080i / 1080p
    * Interactive HD DVD capability (HDi)
    * Connections: Regza Link (CEC functionality) / Analogue 2 Channel Audio / Optical Audio / Component video output / Composite video / Ethernet / S-video / 1 HDMI output / 1 Extension terminal
    * Includes HD films: 300 / The Holiday / The Bourne Identity / The Bourne Supremacy / Children of men / Chronicles of Riddick / Serenity / The Prestige / WTC / HDMI cable supplied
    * Dimensions: (B x H x D): 430 x 65 x 345 mm
    * Weight: 3.3 Kilo

Price: € 89,95 (+12 delivery)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

For the non-psychics - its ibood.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

walshki wrote: »
    For the non-psychics - its ibood.
    Link

Whoops, sorry :) too busy ordering my back up HDDVD player to post properly.

thanks walshki

how do I reserve one of these until I buy a 3V??? Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

well after buying the player last month, it would be irresponsible not to buy another

pity the movies are mostly the same...

@vanzan, i think ibood have an option you can select to pay by bank transfer, you then pay within 3 days, don't know if that would be any help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

list of the films

Black Rain,
    The Bourne Identity,
    The Bourne Supremacy,
    Children of men,
    Chronicles of Riddick,
    Serenity,
    The Prestige
    WTC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Looks good! Wish I had the money! Can this be connected to surround sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Tazer wrote: »
    Can this be connected to surround sound?

Is the pope catholic?!!* :D;)

*Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

this is fucking awesome, if only hddvd was not dead.

It was announced this week that toshiba will only be producing blu ray from now on !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was gona buy the xbox add on. THis will well do. Well worth 100e for the hddvd alone

Beans and toast for the next 2 month. Happy days

this is fucking awesome, if only hddvd was not dead.

It was announced this week that toshiba will only be producing blu ray from now on !

They wouldn't be offering such a good deal if HD-DVD wasn't dead!

eolhc wrote: »
    @vanzan, i think ibood have an option you can select to pay by bank transfer, you then pay within 3 days, don't know if that would be any help to you

I saw that, thanks however the order email says you must initiate the transfer within one day!!! Tomorrow's a Saturday! There's no banks open!! :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They wouldn't be offering such a good deal if HD-DVD wasn't dead!

Prove to me HDDVD is dead? Only format that is on top is DVD. For 100e you cant go wrong.

I saw that thanks but the order email says you must pay within one day!!! Tomorrow's a Saturday! There's no banks open!! :(:(

"Transfer (payment in advance)
    When using this method the total sum of your order must be transferred, stating your order number and surname. You will find the payment details in the order confirmation, which will be sent to you by email. If the amount has been transferred to our account within 3 working days of the order, your order will be dispatched to the stated delivery address within 5 working days (of receipt of payment). In other words the quicker you pay, the quicker your order will be dispatched. "

says 3 working days here, so i would have guessed it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kearnsr wrote: »
    Prove to me HDDVD is dead? Only format that is on top is DVD. For 100e you cant go wrong.

all the proof anyone could need...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Theres also a hdmi cable included, which is a nice bonus in summat costing 100 euro:D.And even if you just consider it as a top quality normal dvd upscaler, its still a bit of a bargain

eolhc wrote: »
    "Transfer (payment in advance)
    When using this method the total sum of your order must be transferred, stating your order number and surname. You will find the payment details in the order confirmation, which will be sent to you by email. If the amount has been transferred to our account within 3 working days of the order, your order will be dispatched to the stated delivery address within 5 working days (of receipt of payment). In other words the quicker you pay, the quicker your order will be dispatched. "

says 3 working days here, so i would have guessed it should be fine

Where on the site does it say that?

From the order confirmation email:
    NB: as iBOOD sells only 1 item each day it is important that the transfer is being initiated within 24 hours. When the total amount has been deposited into our account the order will be delivered directly to you.

Where on the site does it say that?

From the order confirmation email:

NB: as iBOOD sells only 1 item each day it is important that the transfer is being initiated within 24 hours. When the total amount has been deposited into our account the order will be delivered directly to you.

sorry says it here http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/faqBestel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Would HD-DVD player not play Blu-Ray DVDs

Is there any point buying this so?

wba88 wrote: »
    list of the films

Black Rain,
    The Bourne Identity,
    The Bourne Supremacy,
    Children of men,
    Chronicles of Riddick,
    Serenity,
    The Prestige
    WTC

Yip, thats what it says on the 'more information' section, but, in the specifications it lists "the holiday" instead of "black rain". Also shows a pic of holiday in the forum, so its probably more likely, just to let people know.

Doubt its a deal breaker for anyone anyway.

I wonder can you use the 5 free HD-DVD's offer with this also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

in the market for a dvd player, this will more then make up, will it play divx ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

why do people say hd dvd is dead? hd tv is the new 'thing' innit? what's wrong with hd dvd? im ig'nint when it comes to this stuff....

Blu Ray won the war between it and HD-DVD for the HD format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

DaveMcG wrote: »
    why do people say hd dvd is dead? hd tv is the new 'thing' innit? what's wrong with hd dvd? im ig'nint when it comes to this stuff....

HD-DVD was a specific format of next generation DVD (higher capacity disc, superior picture and sound quality) which was competing with Blu-Ray.

Toshiba announced last week that they are giving up HD-DVD format after most of the movie studios said they would release films on Blu-Ray from now on.

The name is misleading as it sounds like a DVD player that can be connected up to a HD TV (which it can as it comes with a HDMI cable) so I guess thats where most folks confusion stems from !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The name is misleading as it sounds like a DVD player that can be connected up to a HD TV so I guess thats where most folks confusion stems from !

that's what i thought it was, lol.....

guess i wont buy one then :)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Bought this immediately, purely to see Serenity in all its HD glory. OT---I will now have 3 editions of the film. And when it hits Blu I will probably buy it on that too. Sad, I know.

Here's a thing: it's an upscaling, full 1080p, 24fps HD-DVD player that can also be soft-modded to play R1 DVDs. It has an ethernet connection for firmware upgrades. It can play DivX/Xvids. It comes with 9 films. For e102.

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE SNATCHING THIS DEAL UP?! Mad :)

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    It can play DivX/Xvids.

I don't think it can?

I wonder can you use the 5 free HD-DVD's offer with this also?

that offer only applies to players bought before January 31st as far as i remember.

I don't think it can?

I feel silly for messing that bit up. Whoops :) But still, it's an amazing deal.

• Advertisement

that offer only applies to players bought before January 31st as far as i remember.

I'm going to chance my arm anyway:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement