Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late and Ronnie Drew's Tribute

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I haven't been that embarrased watching the television in along time.

It was like watching an episode of the office!

I presume the song was written by a bunch of 8 year olds, as for McGowan & O'Connor!!!!!:mad:

Partridge didn't even have the decency to interview U2 after, may have made it moderately worthwhile.

That will teach me for not going for a pint on friday, won't make that mistake again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Victor_M wrote: »
    That will teach me for not going for a pint on friday, won't make that mistake again in a hurry.

yeah same here, actually was the deciding factor for me, i was gonna stay in but at 10 o'clock after seeing most of that muck i motivated myself to get the hell out of the living room and down to the bar!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Perhaps crap LLS's are a cunning new plot by the publicans to drum up weekend business...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    But you all go back to it every week for more.
    That's the point. Some of us don't, and increasingly so, more of us won't.

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of all the TVs in the house as I don't really fancy paying a lazy bunch of talentless civil-servants out in Donnybrook €150 a year for what they laughingly call a national TV service.

They should replace that statue of Eamonn Andrews in the RTE TV building with one of Gay Byrne. At least Byrne was loyal-slash-stupid enough to stick with the country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

The Edge must hate going on The Late Late,something always goes wrong like him stealing the story and getting caught out and the time he put his hand out to shake Gay Byrne's and he just ignored him at the end of the Omagh tribute,its here at 4.32!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=CGNynovFj5Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BJJDUB

Gay Byrne done a tribute to Luke Kelly in the 80's (?) (Luke had passed away).

Gaybo devoted the entire show to Luke and the Dubliners. It was a half decent show. It featured performances etc from a who's who of Irish talent back then.

So now Pat Kenny devotes 15 mins to Ronnie Drew at a time when Ronnie could enjoy the tribute - I can't understand why somebody in RTE didn't have the savvy to make a simple decision to devote an entire show to Ronnie Drew - Surely Ronnie Drew deserved a show which could have been fairly ok esp. when you consider the potential guests.

Instead you get the rubbish they put on last friday.

Credit to the performers - at least they appeared.

Bring back Gaybo (Never thought I'd say that !!!!!:eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Decco

I agree that he ought to have been given more of a show when he could've actually enjoyed it!

Bono = embarrassing. As is Shane (typoed Shame then, maybe I should've left it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

'kin hell!!! That song is shocking!

Heard a song on the radio playing in the background and was laughing to myself thinking, "Haha, that sounds like they're singing Ronnie Drew.....stupid song!" Then when I realised that they actually were singing "Ronnie Drew, We love you!" it was just cringey!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Ill bet Bono hated being on the television telling everyone "Yea it was all my idea to do the tribute, Im great"

Advertisement