Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Cheers

Anyone have a number for the builders/site office or whomever to see if they have any 'spares'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Anyone have a number for the builders/site office or whomever to see if they have any 'spares'?

http://www.nama.ie/

oblivious wrote: »

Brilliant !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

manor park' number is 8260415 - ciara is very good (if she is still working there...)
    their email is : [EMAIL="'ongarsdz@eircom.net'"]'ongarsdz@eircom.net'[/EMAIL]

hope you get sorted :)

by the way, thanks to the nice neighbours who delived the leaflets to the doors re: trainstation. i've emailed the TDs mentioned there and will definately will at the meeting on June 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Duran,

I have the same problem on and off with mine. So I have figured out that the following fixes it:

Turn the boiler on to highest it can go.

In your hotpress there should be a black rubber knob, turn this to open the valve. The pressure gauge should slowly move up and when the needle is between 1-2 close the valve again, this should fix the problem. I have noticed this happens when there is a drop in temperature, ridiculous system really.

I also would check your thermostats up and down. I found I had to turn mine up full, then down to cold and then slowly up again until I heard them click.

Thanks Central. tried all of those but no joy. we got an engineer out who said it was the Time zone actuator. sourced the part and will fit it tonight. hopefully that'll do the job. thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 prax

Hi All,

You are cordially invited to attend the next community meeting

Agenda : Unopened Hansfield train station and Community centres in Ongar
    Date : 8pm on 07/Jun/2011
    Venue : Castaheany Educate Together National School

Invitation requests have also been sent to all local TDs, Councillors, Property Developers and Irishrail to represent themselves and give an update to the members of public with regards to the current situation of these newly built unopened facilities.

Please find attached leaflet that has been distributed in Dublin 15 area.
    There has been a very positive response to this initiative from various groups.

Thanks

RTÉ Radio 1 interviewed Cllr.Ruth Coppinger along with few Barnwell residents regarding the fate of the Hansfield train station.

Please listen to the broadcast today, 1st June between 4:30pm-6pm on DriveTime RTÉ Radio 1.

Also, please come to the meeting on 7th June at Castaheany Educate together school. We need your support in making this initiative a success.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Podcast here [URL] http://www.railusers.ie/podcasts/audio/DriveTime_hansfield_01062011.mp3 [/URL] (thanks to railusers.ie, download is from their forum) is a podcast of that drivetime report and subsequent interview with barry kenny of irish rail and mark gleeson of rail users ireland.

a few things:

- when pushed for an opening date, barry kenny of irish rail indicated early 2012, any thoughts on that?

- irish rail in that interview seemed to be pushing a carpark even though planning permission was originally denied for that. They seem to say there is agreement but it sounds dangerous not going back to an bord planola with new plans.

- new timetable gone up. Ie looking for feedback. There is impact on m3 parkway. Irish rail are looking at morning and evening peak staying the same but off peak trains will run hourly to connolly weekdays and will operate to pearse all day at the weekend. Most trains will now call at all stations, the only trains still running nonstop will be a few evening inbound services to docklands/connolly

Clonsilla will see the benefits of a balanced timetable with trains running approx every 30 minutes as will coolmine castleknock ashtown phoenix pk broombridge and drumcondra as most offpeak m3 parkway trains (10-3 m-f, all day sat-sun) will serve all stops to connolly on weekdays and to pearse at weekends. Off peak weekday services (10-3) and all day weekends will be hourly at a clockface pattern

Last trains are still a bit too early with the last train monday-friday being the shuttle connecting off the 9.08 pearse maynooth. Saturday is around 7pm and sunday 6.10pm. New timetable can be found here [URL] http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=1130 [/URL]

- plans are also alot for development of clonsilla station. This includes a new platform specifically for those m3 parkway services that start/finish in clonsilla. Also planned is a new footbridge, stairs and lift to link that platform to the other 2 platforms. Also mentioned in the plans is possibly a new entrance to clonsilla station that was agreed as part of the hansfield sdz

anyway, thats all i know of. Good luck with the meeting next week, hopefully something constructive will come out of it!

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting the podcast. Well done to the guys for getting this interview organised. Hopefully there will be a good turnout at the meeting on Tuesday.

Thanks to all who attended the march on 18/June. The press coverage was good.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0618/hansfield.html
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0620/1224299224972.html

Keep up the pressure on all concerned parties.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

moonfish, I've deleted your post as you've already started a thread on the same subject. There's no need to post here as well.

we too are experiencing problems with post - we are not getting ours. the bank have stopped my credit card as the statements are being returned to them. i've been onto the post office in clonsilla who are investigating......

gaga_lady wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the post. Over the past six months I've had letters delivered that weren't addressed to my house on 3 ocassions (once 2 letters together with 2 different addresses). I'm getting a bit worried now that my post is getting delivered to wrong addresses too.
    Has this happened anyone else or am I jinxed :rolleyes:
    Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shellymce

Hi there

We are also buying in barnwell hansfield and I was very worried when advised wallis were the management company. I live in Allendale Square and over half the estate refuse to pay the management fees because they dont look after the residence. Mould was a major issue in my apartment and for 2 years and a new child in the house they did nothing... Except send overdue bills to all the residence, they would never respond in writing even when threatened with legal action. It turned out the no vents were build into the Walls which was extremely dangerous for all our health and they eventually after 2 years put in vents. They promised to fix the mould but never did and now it's in the Walls!!

What really concerns me is the state of the roads in the estate in barnwell, they are in bits and I have been told that it's now up to the management company to fix the roads!!! This will never be done by Wallis they only make false promises and never fulfil them and then expect to be paid!!

They also have done no maintenance in barnwell the main green areas are a sign of this, with no grass being cut!!

Wallis are the worst croud to deal with and it's worrying I'm about to move to another estate managed by them...

I haven't seen many posts on the state of the roads or about the general maintenance of the grass areas, do people not think this is appalling?

Michelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

Hi Michelle, welcome to Barnwell! I know the roads are a bit of a state but I believe I heard before that they wanted to wait until all services were in the estate before they fixed them up - rather than having to dig them up again. Although that was a while ago now...

About the green areas, I def see the grassy areas around me being taken care of from time to time. I live at the front of the estate near the show houses - I assume its the same throughout? What you say about mould is worrying but so far, when I have had issues, Ciara & the team have been helpful.

Fingers crossed your move is a happy one!

I live at the back of the estate and there is nothing done for us by Wallis. I sweep outside my house and the roadway turning into our estate as the road is carved up.

I also had a property in ongar so am very familiar with Wallis. I tend to adopt their policy......they ignore my requirements.....I ignore theirs.

All that aside, I really like living in barnwell and love the house. No major problems, just the usual new house stuff but as you will see the neighbours on this forum are very helpful if you have any questions.

regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hey guys, the pump in my hot press has started to make an ominous "chugging" sound when activated. Have any of you had this problem? I hope it's not dying already, we've been here less than two years!

Does anyone have contact details for the plumbers that worked on the estate?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Hi all, I don't live in Hansfield, but close to it. Anyway, my house insurance was up recently so I started looking online for quotes. One of the sites I used was Bank of Ireland's. they have a form that you fill in, part of which is to add your address. When your address is put in you click on a button and it searches some kind of database for your address. It came back with my correct road, but listed it as being in Hansfield, which it's not. Anyway, then a message appeared to say that they could not quote me online, I'd have to phone them. After some phonecalls over a few days back and forth between me and the bank I had a call from an underwriter to say that they could not cover me as my address was listed as being in Hansfield, which is an area of subsidence. Apart from me being majorly pissed off that they wouldn't quote me on my correct area, I was very shocked to hear that Bank of Ireland won't insure houses in Hansfield. I've never heard of any subsidence and was wondering what was going on.
    To add to the sting, any time you go for a quote you are always asked if you have been previously refused. I've decided that as the bank wouldn't quote me on my actual residential area, my answer in the future will be 'No'.
    Anyone know what's going on with subsidence in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

KazDub wrote: »
    Hi all, I don't live in Hansfield, but close to it. Anyway, my house insurance was up recently so I started looking online for quotes. One of the sites I used was Bank of Ireland's. they have a form that you fill in, part of which is to add your address. When your address is put in you click on a button and it searches some kind of database for your address. It came back with my correct road, but listed it as being in Hansfield, which it's not. Anyway, then a message appeared to say that they could not quote me online, I'd have to phone them. After some phonecalls over a few days back and forth between me and the bank I had a call from an underwriter to say that they could not cover me as my address was listed as being in Hansfield, which is an area of subsidence. Apart from me being majorly pissed off that they wouldn't quote me on my correct area, I was very shocked to hear that Bank of Ireland won't insure houses in Hansfield. I've never heard of any subsidence and was wondering what was going on.
    To add to the sting, any time you go for a quote you are always asked if you have been previously refused. I've decided that as the bank wouldn't quote me on my actual residential area, my answer in the future will be 'No'.
    Anyone know what's going on with subsidence in the area?

Why would you discuss the possible issue of plumbing problems or of subsideance on a public forum like this regardless if it is true or not. Surely comments like this could potentially impact the value of your property if you decided to sell it at a later stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I didn't mention plumbing. My point was that according to Bank of Ireland, Hansfield houses are un-insurable. As I've never read about subsidence on this forum or in local papers I'm curious as to where the bank gets this information ruling so many houses out of being potential customers. I also stated that I don't live in Hansfield but that the bank's flawed address-matching system insists that I do. You appear to have misunderstood my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shellymce

Has anyone else bought in barnwell under the easisteps scheme??? We are and when we came to view the house we said we were doing easisteps and we were told that appliances were included with the sale. Now contracts have gone out and now we are being told that they don't come with the house 'conveniently'... Was anyone else promised the appliances and refused them when it was close to the sale???? There seems to be so many people walking away from these houses... I'm wondering if they have been promised the sun moon and stars to get people interested then when the deposits are paid they get shafted.... Anyone else have this issue???

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi All,

Received correspondence in the post today from Wallis Property Management in relation to the Management Fees.
    I know we've spoken about it before but we really need to meet up and form some sort of group before the General Meeting in November.

(If there has been a meeting and I have missed out, my apologies, I've been busy having another baby!)

I'm horrified at the budget they have put forward for 2011, the budget itself is actually reasonable but the management fees make up a whopping 44% of the whole budget!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm happy to try and pull people together at a date that suits as many as possible. Any Barnwell residents interested in taking part - I would be grateful if you could pm me your name and email address so that we can get the first meeting organised before the end of sept.

For those who see this post can you let your neighbours know what we are trying to do. I know there are a number of residents that do not know of this board.

Thanks
    Marksquirt ;)

marksquirt wrote: »

I'm horrified at the budget they have put forward for 2011, the budget itself is actually reasonable but the management fees make up a whopping 44% of the whole budget!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not sure what you mean, that the fee only cover 44% of the budget?

oblivious wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean, that the fee only cover 44% of the budget?

Sorry Oblivious maybe it wasn't clear, they have done up a 2011 budget for the estate but 44% of the whole cost relates to the amount of money that Wallis are paying themselves for managing it! I.e if we were to manage the estate ourselves homeowners would only be looking at having to pay approx half of the current fee. I'm not expecting them to do it for nothing but 44% is extreme!

. I'm not expecting them to do it for nothing but 44% is extreme!

you are entitled to take over the running of the management of the estate as a group yourselves.

I wonder is it a ploy to off load the estate and/or make a very healthy profit marge for the management company?

Hi All,

Few of us are meeting up at Kellys pub (in ongar village) on thursday 01/Sep @7:30pm for an initial discussion on the Barnwell estate management and related fees.

Please join and give your comments/suggestions. It is time to raise your concerns. It will help us to draft a plan possibly to setup a follow up meeting with all residents of Barnwell.

Though we are not encouraging anyone against paying the fees, the majority of us are keeping it on-hold until we all meet and discuss.

Kind Regards

Hi All,

Received correspondence in the post today from Wallis Property Management in relation to the Management Fees.
    I know we've spoken about it before but we really need to meet up and form some sort of group before the General Meeting in November.

(If there has been a meeting and I have missed out, my apologies, I've been busy having another baby!)

I'm happy to try and pull people together at a date that suits as many as possible. Any Barnwell residents interested in taking part - I would be grateful if you could pm me your name and email address so that we can get the first meeting organised before the end of sept.

For those who see this post can you let your neighbours know what we are trying to do. I know there are a number of residents that do not know of this board.

Thanks
    Marksquirt ;)

Hi Marksquirt,

Please see my post below re.meeting. Hope you can make it.

Kind Regards
    Prax

prax wrote: »
    Hi Marksquirt,

Please see my post below re.meeting. Hope you can make it.

Kind Regards
    Prax

Ooh thanks Prax, was away for a few days and only logged in today!! I presume the meeting is still going ahead?

• Advertisement

As discussed at this evenings meeting :

http://www.consumerproperty.ie/

Advertisement