Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

central wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondered had anyone decided what to do about their Direct Debit for Management Company? I don't believe the Financial Statement we were given in recent correspondence from Wallis and feel a bit hard done by with the whole Fire Maintenance etc which is clearly for apartments (I am in 2 bed Ivy). Just wondered really what your thoughts were on this fellow Barnwell Residents.

How much are your charges, if you don't mind me asking? I live in one of the townhouses/duplexes on barnwell place (facing onto the ongar road) and my charges were €740 for 2010.

The breakdown of the charges mailed to us from Wallis included charges for fire alarm maintenance and intercoms amongst other things.....my place has neither and i dont think the apartments above us have any either....all dwellings on barnwell place are 'own door'.....Are there other apartments in Barnwell that have fire alarms and/or intercoms????

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

DubDec99,

My fees are €330 per annum. I am not happy with having to pay any fees to be perfectly honest. I own my house, there are no common areas, fire maintenance or intercoms. I sent in my DD form and then thought "what am I doing?" so I am going to cancel it tomorrow.

There are no other apartments in Barnwell, they are on the plans but have not been built. I think all the residents (well those on here) should agree not to pay any fees until we get answers from Wallis'. We are being ripped off for things that don't appear to be real.

I cannot believe you are being charged that much fees per annum, it's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

I agree completely. My fees are €360 (i wonder why the difference, I know its only €30 but still), they are also looking for an additional €73 for 2009, again i dont know why. I will send another email reminder to see if they will get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 prax

is there a resident's association?
    I think its time to gather a meeting to discuss any issues.

Re.Hansfield train station, heard from TD that there seem to be some kind of talks scheduled between builders and county council in the next coming days. We will know only then what's the fate of this ghost station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

prax wrote: »
    is there a resident's association?
    I think its time to gather a meeting to discuss any issues.

Re.Hansfield train station, heard from TD that there seem to be some kind of talks scheduled between builders and county council in the next coming days. We will know only then what's the fate of this ghost station.
    Pat Dunne wrote: »
    10-08-2010, 12:44 I have followed this thread for since it's started, it's now running two and ahalf years and this is post number 601.

It is obvious that there are some serious issues in relation to the management company. By just ignoring them and or not paying your annual management fee the problems will remain.

It is now time that the residents come together and have an actual meeting to discuss the massive range of issues that had been mentioned here.

Is it not time that the resdient met to discuss this matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

All,

I made a call to Wallis today to see what the story was.

1. Everyone's fees will differ slightly for year 1 as is depends on your date of closing
    2. There are NO accounts audited since the estate was first occupied and Wallis commenced management. I have asked for a reason for this as they can't be issuing balancing charges to us without a completed audit!!
    3. I have requested my apportionment of the budget i.e, all 3 bedrooms should have the same apportionment
    4. I queried items like Intercoms and Fire Alarm Maintenance

She wasn't really able to give me any answers and told me David Wallis would be in touch.

Watch this space ;)

I agree, I think the residents should meet to discuss this further. Do you think we could meet maybe in a local School or function room in a pub??

Never been to a residents meeting before so not sure of the set up on one....

I think we need to meet sooner rather than later as this is a matter of urgency now. Hopefully by the time we meet Prax will have heard back about train station?

Yes it is definitely time for the residents to meet up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

dubdec99 wrote: »
    How much are your charges, if you don't mind me asking? I live in one of the townhouses/duplexes on barnwell place (facing onto the ongar road) and my charges were €740 for 2010.

The breakdown of the charges mailed to us from Wallis included charges for fire alarm maintenance and intercoms amongst other things.....my place has neither and i dont think the apartments above us have any either....all dwellings on barnwell place are 'own door'.....Are there other apartments in Barnwell that have fire alarms and/or intercoms????

Hi Dubdec, I live in a top-floor appartment and my charges are 640 per year. Again I dont have fire alarm, intercom etc. I called them with a bunch of questions but couldnt get an answer and they havent called back.

Apart from getting info about how our charges are compiled, is it worth asking for info re the road for the train station (as a group) before sending off standing order forms?

oblivious wrote: »
    Because there is an apartment there is a need for sinking funds and other such

Hi oblivious, according to my outline the sinking fund accounts for 5% of the budget - it shouldnt really contribute to such a large difference between house & appartment charges (I know insurance is the main difference but again according to my outline insurance accounts for 2,700 of a 39,000 budget - repairs and maintenance accounts for more and I dont get most of those services listed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

My OH rang the management company today and was told to put his questions/queries in an email to them. They said that they had gotten a lot of phonecalls from the residents and would be sending out another letter

My OH rang the management company today and was told to put his questions/queries in an email to them. They said that they had gotten a lot of phonecalls from the residents and would be sending out another letter

I spoke to them yesterday. They said that the questionable costs (firealarms, intercoms etc) may not arise in every estate but that they would publish accounts at the end of the year stating exactly how the money had been paid. Any extra funds would go into the sinking fund.

oonions wrote: »
    I spoke to them yesterday. They said that the questionable costs (firealarms, intercoms etc) may not arise in every estate but that they would publish accounts at the end of the year stating exactly how the money had been paid. Any extra funds would go into the sinking fund.

Sounds well dodgy to me....

Any further advancement re meeting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

i agree about meeting up. i am not paying wallis a penny. i know several people living in ongar under wallis management and they have got nothing from them. people in apartments are paying 1200 and they have to hound wallis about cleaning the common areas. people with three bed own door houses are paying nearly 700 and all they get is block insurance. it's funny how wallis found the funds recently to go onto their properties and remove satellite dishes.....while the people were out. how can maintain our estate when it's not even finished! as far as i know manor park are involved with wallis - possbly the same directors or something - so perhaps if they finish the train station which was the reason some of us bought here in the first place - then we might pay this ludicrous fee.

rant over!

apart from the lack of train and having to deal with wallis, i really like living here - thought i'd finish on a positive note

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Hi All,

Didn't realise that the thread has been so active, boards had not been sending me updates to let me know that there were new posts!

In relation to the invoices sent out for the Management fee's and the unreasonable 'audited' accounts I am proposing that myself and another neighbour call around to all the residents in the estate in the coming week to try and arrange the first meeting of the Barnwell residents. At this meeting we can elect a residents committee and draft a letter to the Management company, outlining the reasons why we are not willing to pay the management fee adnd requesting an AGM with them.

I will log on during the week and give you an idea of when we are proposing to call. I am aware that most of the residents work, so we will probably call in the evening time and propose a meeting time for the evening time.

If anyone has any suggestions as to when is the best time to call to houses or if an alternative method of communication is preferred, I welcome all suggestions.

Thanks,
    Gwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 prax

Hi Gwen

Thanks for the initiative. I propose we meet soon say the weekend of 20th or 27th. Let me know if I can be of any assistance on this matter.

I am trying to get an update re. the train station from various parties. Hope we'll have some news by the time we meet.

Thanks
    Prax

We received the second letter today from Wallis property management and as expected it has thrown up some more questions.

A few of us on here have expressed an interest in meeting up to discuss the service charges etc but as yet, to my knowledge, this hasn't happened.

Are people still interested in meeting up?

Hi Dubdec,

I am absolutely on for meeting up, I think it is crazy we have to fork out this money, especially in times like these and after the budget last week....I'll be lucky if I still have a house this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

I would be on for meeting up too. I received second letter as well and the charges still does not make any sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

I also would be interested in meeting.

• Advertisement

What's the preferred venue - someone's house? Café? Pub? etc
    When? Before or after christmas?

Hopefully we can get as many residents as possible to attend so if you know any of your neighbours that would like to attend, then pass the word.

I was wondering this myself. I think maybe if we met in a pub corner or maybe the local school? Does anyone on here have kids in the school? I don't sorry.

Anyone else having a problem with their water supply? No water at all from the mains...

Still no water from the mains? Anyone heard anything more about this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Zaph wrote: »

Thanks Zaph, that's handy to keep an eye on!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Anyone know what the Tuka Tula shop is selling around the back in the village?

Hi all , has anyone else had a problem with their extractor fan over the cooker? Mine blew a while back. Light and fan. Apparently the company who put in the kitchens has gone bust and I can't find anything on net about this. Did anyone else get a booklet on it? I'm in one the three bed houses. Thanks in advance for any info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

duran wrote: »
    Hi all , has anyone else had a problem with their extractor fan over the cooker? Mine blew a while back. Light and fan. Apparently the company who put in the kitchens has gone bust and I can't find anything on net about this. Did anyone else get a booklet on it? I'm in one the three bed houses. Thanks in advance for any info :)
    HI Duran,

Mine's bust too!! No booklet it on it either! Think I'll just call an electrician in to have a look. Although seen as yours in gone too I'm thinking maybe they're not the best extractors in the world :p

• Advertisement

thanks marksquirt. yeah, i think the fact they don't have a manufacturer's name or anything on them would mean they are not the best. i think you're right - a new fan will probably have to be put in. to be honest, i had my doubts about that fan from the start as to where the steam was directed. hope everything else going well for ya.

Advertisement