Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pet shop on the long mile road has crocodiles for sale ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

You should open some sort of menagerie. People could pay to see your collection and the money could go towards the care of some of the unwanted animals you take on (and some smoke alarms). Insurance has gone way down for that sort of thing.

Do you ever go on holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thankfully my folks live with the husband & I so we do have holidays & are planning our next trip - its a lot of hard work for 2 but can be managed easily with our organised system.

So it works well - we go on holiday come home - catch up on the animals & any problems etc then my folks go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

You should really think of the menagerie thing. Kids would love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I do work in the animal trade but can not mention on here what I do as it would break the charter rules.

I am not a vet or a zoo keeper but I have kept/keep many species - most of which could be considered unusual. I have kept lots of the smaller species such as Lemmings, Duprasi, Nile rats, shaws jirds, voles etc. Primates are my new area of interest but like all the species I have kept I continue my research & make sure I can completely care for my animals.
    thanks for that sorry i was nosey.you do a great job here and keep up the good work thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

hope fully some day very soon we will have a DWA license sceme,,,
    and hopefully this thread has opened many peoples eyes,, that are thinking of getting caimans,,, to really do there home work on em,,,,

bond , im like your self have kept and do keep to many types of animals,,, but still think after keeping a caiman,, would never and wouldn recomend doing it again,,,
    as i cant put where i work either all i can say is i wont be having anything to do with selling one,,or getting one for anyone either,,,

but i also think the shops should cope on to what there selling to,,

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

dbrock wrote: »
    but i also think the shops should cope on to what there selling to,,

Here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bogger07

Why whats wrong with them they only grow to 6-7 feet.They only get vicious if they are not handled properly like snakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yeah, but a 6-7ft long caiman can do a frell of a lot more damage than a 6-7ft long boa constrictor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Demonique wrote: »
    Yeah, but a 6-7ft long caiman can do a frell of a lot more damage than a 6-7ft long boa constrictor
    i agree with that,the caiman would think "a lovely jellied eel"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

A guy on a UK reptile forum said he has been bitten by both a 6ft boa constrictor and a hamster and the hamster was more painful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sebastianv

I find this thread fascinating being off a certain age :D, there was nothing like that when I was growing up. The most exotic pet was a long haired hamster, no fancy smansy exotics for us.
    Don't agree on anyone getting any type of animal too easy, but it's great to see those who do research and know their animals. :cool:
    Now what kind of snake to get the wife :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Demonique wrote: »
    A guy on a UK reptile forum said he has been bitten by both a 6ft boa constrictor and a hamster and the hamster was more painful

Not surprised. Hamsters have incredibly strong jaws. I've been bitten by a lot of animals and the most painful were hamsters and gerbils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

Yep gerbils hurt really bad :(

Advertisement