Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

OI is Ovulation Induction. I had 4 rounds of this Lashes. Series of injections, much like chlomid but stronger, they scan you on day 10 to check the size of follicles if they are a decent size you then get another injection to force ovulation.

I haven't really had CM yet this month, have had terrible Ovulation pains yesterday and today making it hard to ttc... going to give it a go tonight!

Where do you think OI done Hollywood? Do you mind me asking if it's expensive?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oi for me in galway was 300 a few years ago. Meds were extra but mine prescribed weren't the expensive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

For me, I'm going to Galway Fertility Clinic. It's €300 per month for scans and the injections costs hundreds but capped at €144 or similiar. Some do it with Clomid which I think cost very little.

Thanks for the replies. Trying to have a series of potential outcomes and costs in my head. Still waiting on this cycle to end and I think I'll get day 3 and 21 bloods done next cycle. Is there any other means to properly determine if you ovulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Oh good lord no :pac:
    I get migraines after I ovulate :o But also got them terribly bad at the start of my last pregnancy. It turned out to be caffeine withdrawal - won't make that mistake when I get pregnant again!!!

Oops sorry - was getting too excited. :p
    That sucks with the migraines. Hope you're feeling better.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Can I ask - what do the day 3 and 21 bloods test for?
    I feel like if nothing happens this month that I should do something proactive. My doctor thinks it's still to early. I've had 6 cycles since my mc so the next will be 7. :(

The first time we got pregnant it was on the 4th cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Can I ask - what do the day 3 and 21 bloods test for?
    I feel like if nothing happens this month that I should do something proactive. My doctor thinks it's still to early. I've had 6 cycles since my mc so the next will be 7. :(

The first time we got pregnant it was on the 4th cycle.

I'm not sure but I think it's just to check hormone levels. Day 3 as control (no ovulation hormones) and day 21 should have a trace of them? I think I was told they were just for determining if you ovulated by yourself but I could be wrong!

Managed to dodge the symptom-spotting this cycle - smear left me really crampy and pinchy, and they found an erosion up there as well. Got 4 more weeks to wait to see if I'll have to go for a colposcopy because the last results were abnormal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ugh shasha a necessary evil, I always feel a bit pinchy after smears too, hope the waits not too long for you!

CD29 here, I know my period is on the way just wish it would hurry up! Am pinchy, tuggy, back achey etc the only strange thing is my boobs, which usually hurt after ovulation are absolutely grand, I thought maybe this meant I didn't ovulate but my acupuncturist said that no, it means everything is righting itself, technically boobs shouldn't hurt after ovulation apparently!

I am so so so flipping tired too, took all my strength to get out of the bed this morning. Had a bit of a bug last week and just can't right myself since.

Digs wrote: »
    Ugh shasha a necessary evil, I always feel a bit pinchy after smears too, hope the waits not too long for you!

CD29 here, I know my period is on the way just wish it would hurry up! Am pinchy, tuggy, back achey etc the only strange thing is my boobs, which usually hurt after ovulation are absolutely grand, I thought maybe this meant I didn't ovulate but my acupuncturist said that no, it means everything is righting itself, technically boobs shouldn't hurt after ovulation apparently!

I am so so so flipping tired too, took all my strength to get out of the bed this morning. Had a bit of a bug last week and just can't right myself since.

I keep telling myself its not as bad as what it prevents, but that's easily said until they need to go poking and prodding :pac:
    We're booking our wedding next month for the following summer, so we've got to decide our cut off point for conception so I'm not left with too young of a newborn at the wedding. We're planning Orlando for a honeymoon, and whatever about getting me to abandon my then 2-yr old with her nannies, there'd be bob-all hope of me leaving a teeny widdle baby!

I keep telling myself its not as bad as what it prevents, but that's easily said until they need to go poking and prodding :pac:
    We're booking our wedding next month for the following summer, so we've got to decide our cut off point for conception so I'm not left with too young of a newborn at the wedding. We're planning Orlando for a honeymoon, and whatever about getting me to abandon my then 2-yr old with her nannies, there'd be bob-all hope of me leaving a teeny widdle baby!

My last smear the nurse said there was a bit of spotting so she'd have a good oul root up there to get the best sample possible, my god root she did :eek::D felt a bit violated actually haha but definitely more than worth it!

Ah wedding, so fun! I am married four years this summer, it just flies by. We actually went to Florida on our honeymoon too! My husband has somewhere booked in the sun for my 30th this summer too, he maintains its bump friendly should the need arise :cool: I must be pushing on if a relaxing, low key holiday is really ringing my bell!

• Advertisement

My last smear the nurse said there was a bit of spotting so she'd have a good oul root up there to get the best sample possible, my god root she did :eek::D felt a bit violated actually haha but definitely more than worth it!

Ah wedding, so fun! I am married four years this summer, it just flies by. We actually went to Florida on our honeymoon too! My husband has somewhere booked in the sun for my 30th this summer too, he maintains its bump friendly should the need arise :cool: I must be pushing on if a relaxing, low key holiday is really ringing my bell!

I'd be the same, I love relaxing on holidays! I haven't gotten to go on many (a whole host of very tight ex-boyfriends :pac: ) and myself and OH have rarely seen a financially acceptable occasion to take the plunge and book something!

Ah wedding, so fun! I am married four years this summer, it just flies by. We actually went to Florida on our honeymoon too!

This is so funny - we're married two years and we went to Florida on honeymoon too! :) LOVED IT!
    Spent a week in Orlando.

That's so exciting about the wedding plans Shashabear!!

That's Gas dreamstar, great minds think alike :)

How's all getting on? CD31 here, waiting impatiently for AF. My last few cycles have been 29, 29, 28 and 30. Given however this cycle I started accupuncture and Metformin Im positive these have interfered with cycle length and I'm not about to get good news!

Achey and pinchy, boobs started to hurt Monday so no doubt the witch is on the way!

So my sister in law just announced her pregnancy today. They already have a one year old. I’m happy for them as I should be but I feel like crying sitting here at my desk. Their kids will be lovely and close in age and yet here we are still trying for our second and nothing doing. Don’t get me wrong, I will be eternally grateful for having the one child I have but that doesn’t stop the yearning for another. I feel like it’ll never happen. I’m almost 36 and time is just marching by yet I’m just here standing still.

I feel utterly miserable (doesn’t help that our toddler is really sick again and I’ve had very little sleep last night).

Anyways, I’m on cd6 here so on my first cycle since the lap. I decided to take agnus castus this month to see if it would help. I’m thinking of getting my bloods done again also (too late this month) to see if I ovulated or not. Not due back with consultant until may 8th but that’s in the coombe so even if she does prescribe clomid, that’s probably the end of my journey in the public system. Did anyone get TSI/Clomid in Dublin or could you recommend somewhere?

yellow hen wrote: »
    So my sister in law just announced her pregnancy today. They already have a one year old. I’m happy for them as I should be but I feel like crying sitting here at my desk. Their kids will be lovely and close in age and yet here we are still trying for our second and nothing doing. Don’t get me wrong, I will be eternally grateful for having the one child I have but that doesn’t stop the yearning for another. I feel like it’ll never happen. I’m almost 36 and time is just marching by yet I’m just here standing still.

I feel utterly miserable (doesn’t help that our toddler is really sick again and I’ve had very little sleep last night).

Anyways, I’m on cd6 here so on my first cycle since the lap. I decided to take agnus castus this month to see if it would help. I’m thinking of getting my bloods done again also (too late this month) to see if I ovulated or not. Not due back with consultant until may 8th but that’s in the coombe so even if she does prescribe clomid, that’s probably the end of my journey in the public system. Did anyone get TSI/Clomid in Dublin or could you recommend somewhere?

Oh dear :( I can only imagine how it feels, don't give up hope yet! :o

Due on the 26th, but have spotting two days before so I'm expecting to see it start next week. A lot of pinching, dull aches and the overwhelming smell of brown sauce all over the house which only alleviated when I put it on a bacon and fried egg bagel in my mother's house :rolleyes:
    I've got a bad cold coming, all gooey and sniffly and I have a sore throat. My OH's best friend's mother passed yesterday, so he went to Cavan with the baby and I've been on my own feeling sorry for myself crocheting dinosaur hats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Oh Yellow Hen, that must be tough on you. Hope you feel better soon.

We had a spate of pregnancy announcements around us when we started trying and most of those babies are due in the next couple of weeks so I'm feeling a bit tender at the moment.

Digs, is this the first time you've gone to day 31? Do you feel like testing at all?

I'm on CD19 here. Boobs are achy this month and didn't get my usual side ache around ovulation time so I'm not even sure if I've ovulated. Absolutely aching to book a holiday to have something nice to look forward to but thinking it might be better to save up some cash in case we need it for treatments. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Oh Yellow Hen, that must be tough on you. Hope you feel better soon.

We had a spate of pregnancy announcements around us when we started trying and most of those babies are due in the next couple of weeks so I'm feeling a bit tender at the moment.

Digs, is this the first time you've gone to day 31? Do you feel like testing at all?

ShaShaBear - crocheted dinosaur hats sound too cute! I'm impressed heh.

I'm on CD19 here. Boobs are achy this month and didn't get my usual side ache around ovulation time so I'm not even sure if I've ovulated. Absolutely aching to book a holiday to have something nice to look forward to but thinking it might be better to save up some cash in case we need it for treatments. Oh, decisions, decisions.

MeganMay wrote: »
    ShaShaBear - crocheted dinosaur hats sound too cute! I'm impressed heh.

The one I am doing is for a little boy who got a Paddy's Day hat off me a few weeks back. I wasn't expecting it to look this cute but seeing it now, I am determined to do a pink and purple one for my wee girl ASAP! It keeps my hands busy and means I get to stay at home rather than go straight out to work :o

So my sister in law just announced her pregnancy today. They already have a one year old. I’m happy for them as I should be but I feel like crying sitting here at my desk.

Yellowhen I'm so sorry - I totally understand how you feel. :(
    It's so tough to hear of people falling pregnant when you are trying. I find now I almost have a sense that tells me when someone is going to announce it. And when they say it I feel almose like everything comes crashing down. Bit dramatic I know but it's a weird feeling.
    My sister in law had her 12 week scan today and I'm really am so happy for them but I have my moments of being jelous and angry. It's just so hard.

So I am on CD16 today. Got my smiley face yesterday and today so have been busy the last few days. ;)
    Here's hoping!

Not even tempted meganmay (promise :o) I haven't gone to 31 in recent months, well since I started keeping an eye on my cycle but know I have done in the past and when ttc my daughter. Would much rather get my period than the harshness of a negative test so will leave it a while yet.

My advice would be book a little break, we all need to get away sometimes and it would be a great opp to de stress and chill out. Look at it as a last chance for the two of ye to get a holiday on your own :)

Yellowhen sorry youre understandably feeling so lousy, life really can be a cow sometimes.

• Advertisement

I've just had a wispa and a cup of tea so the world seems better again :) some days things get on top of you don't they?
    Anyway onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Take care. That must be be very hard.

I've just had a wispa and a cup of tea so the world seems better again :) some days things get on top of you don't they?
    Anyway onwards and upwards!

Absolutely - some days are just hard. I think it will just make us appreciate EVERYTHING so much when it does happen. :) We'll be the happiest pregnant women ever - morning sickness and all! :rolleyes:

Glad you're feeling better - good choice with the wispa! ;)

Not even tempted meganmay (promise :o) I haven't gone to 31 in recent months, well since I started keeping an eye on my cycle but know I have done in the past and when ttc my daughter. Would much rather get my period than the harshness of a negative test so will leave it a while yet.

My advice would be book a little break, we all need to get away sometimes and it would be a great opp to de stress and chill out. Look at it as a last chance for the two of ye to get a holiday on your own :)

I'm with you on the testing Digs, I've only ever tested twice when we were first trying and I was super optimistic about it all. Now I'm far too scared each month hehe.

We do have a little city break booked away next month and then might look at booking a chape week in the sun somewhere during the summer. Mental health break and as you said Digs, could be the last chance to get away alone - fingers crossed!

Glad you're feeling better yellow hen - tea and chocolate really are the business. And wine, I love a good honking glass of wine too.

The one I am doing is for a little boy who got a Paddy's Day hat off me a few weeks back. I wasn't expecting it to look this cute but seeing it now, I am determined to do a pink and purple one for my wee girl ASAP! It keeps my hands busy and means I get to stay at home rather than go straight out to work :o

Ahh, I've just google imaged some crocheted dinosaur hats - they are gorgeous! Do they take long to make? Not that I've a clue how to crochet! They look incredible though.

Ahh, I've just google imaged some crocheted dinosaur hats - they are gorgeous! Do they take long to make? Not that I've a clue how to crochet! They look incredible though.

I did the 3-6 month one in a few hours, but I've been at crochet for a while! It came out stunning! It's so great for wasting time and there are some fab baby patterns that work up real quick! Most of Abigails new born hats and booties were made up while I was pregnant as well as a pram and cot blanket!

I'm with you on the testing Digs, I've only ever tested twice when we were first trying and I was super optimistic about it all. Now I'm far too scared each month hehe.

We do have a little city break booked away next month and then might look at booking a chape week in the sun somewhere during the summer. Mental health break and as you said Digs, could be the last chance to get away alone - fingers crossed!

Glad you're feeling better yellow hen - tea and chocolate really are the business. And wine, I love a good honking glass of wine too.

Yeah it took us the guts of a year to get pregnant last time, about ten months hard graft and charting, gave up mentally and bobs your uncle conceived on our first wedding anniversary. In that time I wasted a lot of tests so I think I have a mental block on testing!

We also regretted not booking a holiday for one last hurrah so to speak but sure we weren't to know! Holidays just require a lot more packing now :rolleyes:

I have the most annoying pms Symptom the last few months, sore gums! Dr Google tells me it's pretty common, so uncomfortable though!

ShaShaBear - that's so great, I'd love to learn something like that if I wasn't so lacking in patience (read: lazy).

Digs, it's our first wedding anniversary soon so hopefully we'll have your luck! Would be such a lovely anniversary present.

CD 21 for me here, this is usually when I start spotting on and off until I'm due (albeit in usually very tiny amounts). Still got sore boobs

Scratchy throat, mild cramps, hot flashes, extreme fatigue (napped from 6 till 10pm and went back to bed at 12am and slept till half 10 this morning), smelling things that aren't there (namely Brown sauce and olbas oil) and the most horrid breakout (overnight) of cystic acne! Not due my period till the 26th!
    Also have very sensitive skin and my nipples sting (what the hell). Roll on test day!

• Advertisement

Roll on test day!

This is the story of my life at the minute! Although my test day is not until 4th April! :mad:

I hate the two week wait!!! :p

How is everyone getting on??? I can't wait until we see some positives on this thread! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement