Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kazzann

Barbiegirl, I'm so sorry, I really hope you're ok & that things start looking up for you soon x

Kazzann welcome :)

I'm having a strange month in terms of my cycle. I test with the ovulation pee stick at had very feint pink lines on it on the evenings of day 12 + 13 I think.
    We tried on day 12 & day 14; but 3/4 days later I started to bleed.
    Not fresh blood either, quite dark (old?) and only a little bit each time I passed water.
    I didn't have a kidney infection, and it was too early (I think) for it to be an implantation bleed.
    I've always had really regular cycles, isn't it just typical that'd they'd start to act up when I'm trying to conceive :rolleyes:

Dublinlady, isn't it so hard to not try?! I find when it comes around to ovulation time I can't not try, I hate the thoughts that it might be 'the' month & I'd miss it!

Anyway, enough of my rambling on. Hope all is going well with the rest of ye ladies :)

Thanks caprilicious, i know i didnt take much notice of all these things before trying to concieve (blissfuly unaware :D) It could be ovulation bleeding or sometimes when we ovulate our temp drops and sometimes leads to alittle bleeding from the wall (i think its the progestrone that drops) Im no expert but since my journey i have learned so much!!! I guess we just have to take note of all body changes and keep going, the best of luck to you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey guys and welcome Kazann!

Barbiegirl i hope you are coping ok and not finding it too difcicult, im thinkin of ya, x

Caprillicious i know what ya mean - my cycle just will not return to normal for me post m/c!

Well my not trying is ridiculous.....i still know its day 10...and im still making sure that the action all happens when its meant to!!:D Im reallytrying not to think about it all the time and it may well be helping, i feel alot better in myself this month! Im also getting alot of exercise with the snow as i now have to walk 2 hours a day instead of drive !

Anyway i actually have two family weddings in 9 months time and so myself and hubby kinda thinking out loud that we should wait to ttc....however in the meanwhile we still ttc.... its crazy but anyway we both seem happy not to talk about to practically, as we cant imagine it actually happening.....deluded i know...hopefully!

Best of luck to you all!
    Will see ye next wednesday!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

my dad died last night. TTC just seems so unimportant right now :(

Only last week he was saying to me 'how are you getting on with all that fertility nonsense?' :) - it was an awkward subject for him do discuss but he made the effort nonethe less :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I am so terribly sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies x

thanks Cap. Am devastated. still, he lasted longer that they said he would, and never once complained....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Sorry to hear that Detective. Look after youself x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

DetectivFoxtrot I am sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Oh Dectectivefoxtrot, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

DetectiveFoxtrot,

I know what its like when a father passes. Im so sorry for your loss.

thanks guys for your lovely messages, they mean a lot XXX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kazzann

Oh im so so sorry Detectivfoxtrot, im late as usaul on replies, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers (((hugs)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Detective I am sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts are with you xxxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sorry for your loss DetectivFoxtrot.

Detective i am so so sorry, i hope you are coping ok in what must be a terribly sad and difficult time, my thoughts are with you, x

post m/c my cycle was 30 days, last three months have been 34, 32, and 28 days..anyone any clue what i should expect this month? on day 22 now.
    Have really sore boobs today, am sure its too early to be anything but its a little unusual? they just very tender, as if bruised! anyone else get this? i think ive had this before but cant remember when in cycle!

My cycle is still all over the place also dublinlady.
    I'm 5 days late this month, yet 4 pregnancy tests have confirmed I'm definitely not pregnant.
    I ovulated roughly day 8 of my previous cycle, and bled for 4 days from day 11/12 onwards.

I just wish it would get back to normal asap! Hopefully yours will settle down soon also.
    The only time I had boobs that sore was when I was pregnant, though I think it can be possible when you're ovulating too, could you be ovulating late maybe?

I'm waiting for my 2nd period since mc in Sept. Going by my previos cycle it should've been here yesterday. Not doing a pregnancy test as we haven't been trying!

I guess its just one of those things to be all over the place for a while!

Well the sore boobs pretty much gone today,really hope it wasnt late ovulation as if so no chance for us this month! no idea what it was about but def know ive had it other than when pregnant so not gonna read anything into it, esp now since its gone!
    Decided cos pre m/c was 30 days, gonna wait til day 30 to test (i know i will sooo crack before this but its nice to have a sensible goal!!:rolleyes:)
    Our 'not trying' this month has been pointless.... but sure what can we do....its hard to get it out of ur head!!
    Anyway good luck to all, hope all our cycles settle back into a normal rhythm soon....x

When I was TTC, my boobs were sore cos I was always poking them to see if they were sore :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you dublinlady and carilicious. Hope you both get a positive soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

my dad died last night. TTC just seems so unimportant right now :(

Only last week he was saying to me 'how are you getting on with all that fertility nonsense?' :) - it was an awkward subject for him do discuss but he made the effort nonethe less :(

Hi Detective - I haven't been online in a while and i just read your news. I'm so sorry for your loss. It has to be so difficult for you. It's not easy ttc and then the added worry about your dad wouldn't have been helping. I hope you are keeping ok since and i'll say a prayer for you and your family.

x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys
    Had D&C last week and went for a scan today and there is still a lot of debris or a fibroid. So looks like another operation in the new year. This time with a camera to guide things and either remove stuck debris or identify and if required remove the fibroid.
    Doctor says if it is fibroid it could be cause of the whole saga, the problems getting pregnant and the miscarriages.
    So fingers crossed we might be getting to a point shortly where we can start trying again. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

hope it ok to post here. its my sister age 35. she has been trying for a baby for years. last year she started going to the Merrion to see what the problem is. Its a long enough process. But today she had keyhole surgery on her tubes and the outcome was one tube is too damaged beyond repair. But the other was successfully unblocked this morning and she has a 1 in 4 chance of concieving now. This is the best Christmas news I have ever had. She isint out of the woods but the possibilities are brighter now. I hope next year we will have even better news. Going to sell my car to try get some ivf funds if she still not pregnant in 6 mths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

hope it ok to post here. its my sister age 35. she has been trying for a baby for years. last year she started going to the Merrion to see what the problem is. Its a long enough process. But today she had keyhole surgery on her tubes and the outcome was one tube is too damaged beyond repair. But the other was successfully unblocked this morning and she has a 1 in 4 chance of concieving now. This is the best Christmas news I have ever had. She isint out of the woods but the possibilities are brighter now. I hope next year we will have even better news. Going to sell my car to try get some ivf funds if she still not pregnant in 6 mths.

You're an amazing sibling :)

I'm waiting for my 2nd period since mc in Sept. Going by my previos cycle it should've been here yesterday. Not doing a pregnancy test as we haven't been trying!

I guess its just one of those things to be all over the place for a while!

Speak of the devil and she will surely appear! The old witch turned up this evening.

Common Sense Brigade - Thats great news about your sister! Fingers crossed for success in the new year. Hopefully you won't have to sell your car, but if you do I defo think you'll be guaranteed a place in heaven :)

When I was TTC, my boobs were sore cos I was always poking them to see if they were sore :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you dublinlady and carilicious. Hope you both get a positive soon :)

hahaha... theres def something to that!!! spend a solid week just prodding them going...hmmm thats sore...or is it???
    lord the things we do to try and convince ourselves!

Ladies a question please if you don't mind...I'm approx. 6 days late now, yet 4 (evening time) pregnancy tests have all given me negatives.
    At what point roughly should the hcg levels be high enough to register in the evenings?

I'm probably just clutching at straws really but don't want to altogether give up on the idea of being late meaning I'm pregnant just in case! (could do with something to look forward to at the moment!)

I did miss a period prior to getting pregnant last time, so there is a strong possibility that good old Mother Nature is just acting up again :rolleyes:

Common Sense Brigade, I agree with Adrieanne, you are an amazing sibling! Fingers & toes crossed all goes well for your sister :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Ladies a question please if you don't mind...I'm approx. 6 days late now, yet 4 (evening time) pregnancy tests have all given me negatives.
    At what point roughly should the hcg levels be high enough to register in the evenings?

I'm probably just clutching at straws really but don't want to altogether give up on the idea of being late meaning I'm pregnant just in case! (could do with something to look forward to at the moment!)

I did miss a period prior to getting pregnant last time, so there is a strong possibility that good old Mother Nature is just acting up again :rolleyes:
    With me it took 7 days , I really hope that you get a positive result.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Capri- Do a morning one after not drinking anything all night, it'll give you the best chance of detecting the HCG if it's there.

Thanks ladies, I keep forgetting to test in the morning :o

I was tempted to buy one of the dearer tests (I have the pee sticks that came with the ovulation test sticks) but it would frustrate me more to fork out for one of them only to get a negative anyway.
    I'm not at home tonight, so will test Thursday morning instead. Fingers crossed!
    If I'm not pregnant, I hope my period arrives soon so I can resume some sort of cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

capri those dip sticks are hopeless, i was 8 weeks pregnant and it still showed up negative in the afternoon!

FR or CB digital in the morning are your best bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement