Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thanks detective!
    Well weird stuff goin on with my body... while i was delighted to get my smiley face, i have no other symptoms of ovulation, i normally get heavy CM( Sorry waaaaay too much info!!:p) and now have none...like literally, doin the deed not easy when no CM (again too much info - sorry!) So quite stressed about it really! Not much for the little swimmers to use as transport!! agghhh! This is why i shouldnt do ovulation tests, frickin stressful and body rebelling.... startin to think my body is plotting against me! why why why...:(:mad::eek::confused:

and yes i have tried to calm myself down....but then i just get sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

get a tube of Pre~seed, on eBay, works wonders for non-existent cervical mucous. It's a sperm friendly lubricant, and it actually helps the transportation of sperm through the cervix, exactly like cervical mucous. (Use about half of the recommended dose, they overstate the dose on the packaging, presumably so you'll use more and buy more!) .5 ml is enough for 1 sex session.

Another tip would be to get a cough medicine with the active ingredient Guaifenesin (think Robitussin or Mucinex have it - just ask the chemist). This ingredient helps loosen mucous from a cough, but it loosens all mucous in the body so has a positive imact on CM. Take 3 spoons a day leading up to ovualtion and during (at the time when you'd be doing ovualtion tests) ;)

Well I'm 3 days past ovulation now.... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys
    Things didn't work out again and I'm back. We'll see how we preceed from here. :-(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Things didn't work out again and I'm back. We'll see how we preceed from here. :-(
    Sorry for your loss. We had our son after multiple mis so there is always hope.

Hi guys

((((BIG HUGS)))) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Barbiegirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're ok x

Hi guys

Im So so sorry barbiegirl, hope ur doin ok, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi guys

So sorry Barbie

8dpo...hate 2 week wait, no symptoms whatsoever, goona test on sat (11dpo) as heading to wedding on sat and would rather know....obviously its most likely too early to test but when have i ever been rational:rolleyes:

dublinlady wrote: »
    8dpo...hate 2 week wait, no symptoms whatsoever, goona test on sat (11dpo) as heading to wedding on sat and would rather know....obviously its most likely too early to test but when have i ever been rational:rolleyes:

Best of luck dublinlady, here's hoping you get your bfp soon x

I'm using the opk's to try guage when I'm ovulating, I started testing tonight, no positive just yet but soon hopefully :)

• Advertisement

Ta Capri!
    Cant decide if i liked opk's or not, this month was my 1st try them and while it was good for reassurance that i am ovulating it was fierce stressful aswell! Dont think ill do it again for a while, as cycle now fairly consistant again so can pretty much predict it now thank god!
    Had a terrible diet etc this month and had a fair few nights out with some drinking (i know i know...!) and so have little optimism for this month, my boobs are sore but no more than normal 5 days before my af due and other than that just feel bloated etc which is definitely down to poor diet and nothing else!! Myself and OH decided that if nothing happens for us this month or next we are gonna go uber careful and dedicated with healthier lifestyles and gym visits etc as we will be a year trying in April! It will be easier to explain the no drinking etc as a new years resolution! My family and friends would presume i was pregnant straight away if i didnt have a drink (not that i drink alot or aything but do have a few at weekends etc when im out!!) and really dont want them thinking im pregnantuld just make me feel worse!
    Well good luck to everyone coming up to AF, and stick at it (:D:p:D) to all of those at the earlier stages!:)

dublinlady wrote: »
    My family and friends would presume i was pregnant straight away if i didnt have a drink (not that i drink alot or aything but do have a few at weekends etc when im out!!) and really dont want them thinking im pregnantuld just make me feel worse!

That's gas, I have a rotten dose of the flu & said something to one of the family about being off my food with this dose, my mum in law thought I was pregnant! As if! :rolleyes:

So annoyed, my flu is getting worse so I've to go to the doc to get something for it. More than likely I reckon I'll be given an antibiotic, I'm not sure if it would be wise/safe to TTC if I'm taking medication though. Feckin typical, I'm due to ovulate any day now :(

I'll double check with the GP tomorrow just in case it is ok, but when I had the last miss, I had a flu early on in the pregnancy, didn't know I was pregnant at the time & was taking paracetomol every 4 hours. I often wonder if that may have caused the miss, as I would have had a fair few paracetomol.
    I think I'll keep on using the OPK's to track exactly when I'm ovulating so I'll know for next month :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think I'll keep on using the OPK's to track exactly when I'm ovulating so I'll know for next month :)

Dont forget, the LH surge is only a few hours long, so its easy enough to miss it. I only caught it in Feb, April, May, June, July through home testing. however in August, September, October and this month though I didnt get a positive OPK to indicate i was ovulating, i was starting the referral for the fertility clinc, getting 2 blood tests a month. so while i was freaking out that my ovaries were on strike, the bloods did confirm i ovulated those months and stopped me climbing the walls.

Thanks Neyite, I didn't realise the surge was so short :o From reading the info on the OPK kit pack I thought it was all day.

I'm getting a very feint line on the ovulation test so think I will give things a try

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yep, thats your surge! :) hopefully your efforts pay off. Fingers crossed for ya!

well now im confused. on day 27 of 30, got a negative today (not even something to imagine is a line!!) and at lunch time started with brown tint to CM and now its a red tint to CM, on 11dpo so think its too late to be implantation, its like my AF is coming early, which is upsetting...means cycle is still stupid..... I def ovulated on day 16 so was sure i was back to my normal 30 day cycle but then why would i be getting this tinted cm now.....too late to be implantation and too early to be AF. I have a bad cold at mo aswell which is making me unable to tell how im feeling at all, no self awareness, just kinda feel like AF coming now...:mad:

Just want to add, my too other cycles since m/c have been 34 days and then 31 days, pre m/c was 30! thought was getting back to normal

hey Dublin Lady, (((big hugs))). Theoretically implantation can occur anywhere between 6 and 12 days so it's not too late for imp bleeding. Fingers crossed this is it for you ;)
    It's a pain that your cycle hasn't regulated yet. Just remember though that you can sometimes get a good few days of spotting before the real thing hits so there's still a chance that you'll get to day 30. Only note it as the start of your period when it's actual red blood flow that requires a pad/tampon.

As for me I am 14 days past ovulation today and tests are neg :(
    Ah well onto the 4th round of Clomid. Someone on another message board recommended that I ask to get my tubes checked in case there's a physical blockage so I'm going to call my doc on Monday and discuss it. He'll probably tell me I need to do the 6 rounds of Clomid as planned before they'll move on to another step like that.... I'm getting really impatient now.......

Best of luck hon :)

hey Dublin Lady, (((big hugs))). Theoretically implantation can occur anywhere between 6 and 12 days so it's not too late for imp bleeding. Fingers crossed this is it for you ;)
    It's a pain that your cycle hasn't regulated yet. Just remember though that you can sometimes get a good few days of spotting before the real thing hits so there's still a chance that you'll get to day 30. Only note it as the start of your period when it's actual red blood flow that requires a pad/tampon.

As for me I am 14 days past ovulation today and tests are neg :(
    Ah well onto the 4th round of Clomid. Someone on another message board recommended that I ask to get my tubes checked in case there's a physical blockage so I'm going to call my doc on Monday and discuss it. He'll probably tell me I need to do the 6 rounds of Clomid as planned before they'll move on to another step like that.... I'm getting really impatient now.......

Best of luck hon :)

Thanks Detective, mind you it seems to be getting more crampy so pretty sure its premenstrual now, which is new for me, used not get any spotting pre AF, oh well, another month.... just want it to start now so that we can move on with it! Will keep you updated!

How about you, if 14 dpo and still no AF is there not still a chance? I really dont know alot about clomid but does it mean your ovulation is bang on as it might have been late resulting in BFN?
    Its frustrating being told you have to be trying various things for longer before you can get examined or helped...if i were you i would push for the check up as doctors need to understand that 2 months feels like a lifetime when ttc! Mind you the months slip by and rack up when you look back:rolleyes:
    Best of luck hun!

Ah sorry hon, hope it works out for you next cycle. After 12 days there's only about 20% chance of getting a positive (that is after getting negatives), I've read up on loads of stats on it (I'm sad like that!). So I'd say a negative on day 14 pretty much guarantees that I'm not preg. I'm spotting now too anyway..

I had really long cycles and the length varied, sometimes I wouldn't ovulate til day 40! One cycle was 73 days and was annovulatory - sooo depressing. So doc prescribed Clomid. Normally it's given to people who don't ovulate by themselves (e.g. people with PCOS etc.) but for my case it give a stronger earlier ovulation. For the last 3 cycles I have ovulated on Day 17/18 which is amazing for me, never had a cycle as short as 32 days in my life. Clomid works by blocking the receptor in the brain that detects the release of estrogen. So it essentially tricks your brain into thinking you're low in estrogen so your body then produces more estrogen, which in turn stimulates the production of FSH and LH; the hormones that grow and release the egg. Pretty neat. It's use is fairly widespread and side effects are minimal. The only thing though is that I've read the longer you take it the less effective it becomes. Also long term use is inadvisable as it can thin the lining of your uterus, and that can hinder implantation of an eggie. I really don't want to do it for more that 6 rounds (my script is only for 6 rounds anyway). I really want to try other stuff like getting my tubes checked and potentially IUI. I'll say I'll get my period tomorrow (my LP is usually 15 days). I start Clomid on day 2 so will call doc then. To add to all the stress money is a bit tight, and all this additional stuff will cost me (I have VHI but I think they'll only cover up to 50%).... og the joys of babymaking!

• Advertisement

Had my HSG today. read some horror stories on the interwebs about it, and im relieved it wasnt so bad.

it was quick, the procedure itself was almost painless except for about 10 seconds when the injected the dye in, which was quite bad, but it subsided quickly. i was a bit shaky after it, but had a cuppa in the hospital before i drove home.

i took two neurofen plus about an hour beforehand, so it probably helped a lot.

so the good news is that ma toobs are looking good :cool:... so in the last week ive found out, swimmers are swimmin', ovaries are ovulating, and there are no roadblocks on the way.

it looks like its my high prolactin levels causing all my woes, but im getting an MRI tomorrow to rule out a benign pituarity tumour as this can cause the high prolactin and prevent conception in some cases. but my fertility doc can prescribe pills to reduce any growth there and to level out my prolactin. so i might be on those tablets for christmas.

there is anecdotal tales that afte a HSG, there is a higher chance of conceiving within a few months, the thinking behind it is that the dye gives your insides a bit of a 'wash' so even if there is nothing showing on the Xray. im on day 6 and normally ovulate around day 10-12 so will try and prove this theory in the coming week.

it would be the best Christmas ever if i was pregnant. im sure you all are with me on this. baby wishes to all of us.

Hi guys
    It seems my HCG levels aren't returning to normal and I had a scan yesterday that showed as usual I am holding onto a lot of tissue, so blood tests yesterday, more tomorrow, and depending on them either another scan and DNC or straight to DNC.
    Just want to get back to normal so we can look at when to restart.
    Plus doctor saw a cyst on my left tube, which I've never been told was there so they are watching that.
    As I said to hubbie it's just never simple for us. Still I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm concentrating on that.

Barbiegirl, i hope it all works out for you, with your blood tests, scans etc, im so sorry for your loss.

Neyite please do prove it to be true! I know the thought of a christmas surprise is the stuff that dreams are made of!

Barbiegirl , im so sorry, that sound very difficult, i hope you can recover soon.

I am trying a month of 'not trying' which is ridiculous as we are blatently still going to be trying...just not talkin about it and i have to try to stop thinking about it so much...as a result i am only letting myself onto boards once a week on a wednesday this month so see if i can focus on other things like exercise, work and diet etc, i suppose ill give anything a try now!:rolleyes:
    Think myself and the hubby just need a break from what had become a very intense few months, not sure its possible for me to do it but i guess its a good idea to try!
    Wishing you all a very positive and hopeful next week until i check in again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kazzann

Hi all, i have just registered with you!!!

Me: 39
    Husband: 31

Well this is our 15th cycle ttc *sigh* RE discovered polyp, fibroid and endometrosis and a retroverted uterus, i was devestated to say the least!!! This is our 1st cycle using Menopur days 7 & 9 & 11 with Ovitrelle trigger on monday (i missed day 5 as we seen RE for meds 1st time on day 6) so im pretty excited but am realistic about it all and well used to dissapointment at the end of every cycle!!!

Im looking forward to getting to know you ladies, have a great weekend!!!

kazzann wrote: »
    Hi all, i have just registered with you!!!

Me: 39
    Husband: 31

Well this is our 15th cycle ttc *sigh* RE discovered polyp, fibroid and endometrosis and a retroverted uterus, i was devestated to say the least!!! This is our 1st cycle using Menopur days 7 & 9 & 11 with Ovitrelle trigger on monday (i missed day 5 as we seen RE for meds 1st time on day 6) so im pretty excited but am realistic about it all and well used to dissapointment at the end of every cycle!!!

Im looking forward to getting to know you ladies, have a great weekend!!!

Welcome Welcome Kazzann ;)

Welcome Welcome Kazzann ;)

Thanks :D i only have a pc at work so i will only be able to chat when here and when i have time!!! I must take time on my lunch break to read all posts!! Couldnt make it too work yesterday because of our artic weather grrrrrr :mad:

Welcome Kazann

Had another scan today and have an ultrasound guided d&c booked for tomorrow week. My hormones haven't returned to 0, I have retained tissue (there's talk of a fibroid) and they've discovered a cyst on my left ovary.
    So I guess we won't be trying again for quite a while :-(
    Finding it all very difficult to keep my chin up.

Welcome Kazann

Had another scan today and have an ultrasound guided d&c booked for tomorrow week. My hormones haven't returned to 0, I have retained tissue (there's talk of a fibroid) and they've discovered a cyst on my left ovary.
    So I guess we won't be trying again for quite a while :-(
    Finding it all very difficult to keep my chin up.

Thanks barbiegirl, im so sorry to read about your loss ((hugs))

I have a fibroid (24mm) on the front of my womb ***sigh*** its def not easy!!! We skipped one cycle after op and doc said it was ok to try then (with drugs)

Good luck to you!!!

• Advertisement

Barbiegirl, I'm so sorry, I really hope you're ok & that things start looking up for you soon x

Kazzann welcome :)

I'm having a strange month in terms of my cycle. I test with the ovulation pee stick at had very feint pink lines on it on the evenings of day 12 + 13 I think.
    We tried on day 12 & day 14; but 3/4 days later I started to bleed.
    Not fresh blood either, quite dark (old?) and only a little bit each time I passed water.
    I didn't have a kidney infection, and it was too early (I think) for it to be an implantation bleed.
    I've always had really regular cycles, isn't it just typical that'd they'd start to act up when I'm trying to conceive :rolleyes:

Dublinlady, isn't it so hard to not try?! I find when it comes around to ovulation time I can't not try, I hate the thoughts that it might be 'the' month & I'd miss it!

Anyway, enough of my rambling on. Hope all is going well with the rest of ye ladies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement