Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dude"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Dude....Sweet

Do you really think in a thread such as this what you just said has not been said already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

forbesii wrote: »
    I'm sick of people on boards using "dude" in their posts. Somebody will say something and somebody else will reply by saying: "Dude your completely wrong" or "Dude we heard that last week". Is this a new phenomenon? Do the Dudesters use this word in real life? Has the Southern Californication of Ireland finally been completed? I'm sure the next few posts will start with "Dude".

Personally i have used the word "Dude" in both spoken and written conversation since i first fell in love with the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

Can't say as i would feel particularly inclined to change the way i speak or the terminology i use just because some randomer on the internet doesn't like it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Blond Treehorn Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the fcuk is this?
    The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

:D

Dragan wrote: »
    Personally i have used the word "Dude" in both spoken and written conversation since i first fell in love with the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

Can't say as i would feel particularly inclined to change the way i speak or the terminology i use just because some randomer on the internet doesn't like it.;)

Oh right, I picked you specifically out of a crowd and asked you to change the way you spoke did I? Whats with the randomer jibe? Because you have the words "moderator" written in the corner of the screen that makes you the opposite of an internet randomer? your as random and insigificant as me or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nothing wrong with 'dude', it stems from the use of the word by cowboys.

But cowboys are gay now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

rb_ie wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with dude, I use it a fair bit when I'm with friends.

HOW AND EVER, saying "dude" with a country accent sounds retarded, as does saying it with a thick Dublin accent. No offense bog folk, but you should stick to your rural terms such as "a chara".

+1

I have a neutral accent. I'm from Cork but you couldn't tell. I haven't got a posh accent, I haven't got a skanger accent, and I haven't got a country accent. So it tends to sound ok when I say Dude. I'm usually only messing when I say it though. I don't use it on a regular basis.

I also say like to say 'What is up homes?' because it makes me sound like such an uncool white person and I know I can't pull it off. (Which is also why I say 'what is up' instead of 'sup')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I would only really use it tongue in cheek. I know a guy that says it a lot and I wouldnt find it annoying really. I blame southpark.
    Oh right, I picked you specifically out of a crowd and asked you to change the way you spoke did I? Whats with the randomer jibe? Because you have the words "moderator" written in the corner of the screen that makes you the opposite of an internet randomer? your as random and insigificant as me or anyone else.

Dude. Chill out!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

azezil wrote: »
    But cowboys are gay now.

All of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yes.

Even Clint Eastwood?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Clint was the biggest gay of all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

1 there was a smiley winkey thing they reflect tone etc
    2 forbesii what's wrong with the americianisation of the south dub attitude
    they work in americian businesses they eat wear and aspire americian stylee
    methinks yer jealous dude
    3 picking on someone because they are a moderator is silly dude its like starting a scap wioth somneone for being the biggest around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Clint was the biggest gay of all.

clint was?

rbd wrote: »
    1 there was a smiley winkey thing they reflect tone etc
    2 forbesii what's wrong with the americianisation of the south dub attitude
    they work in americian businesses they eat wear and aspire americian stylee
    methinks yer jealous dude
    3 picking on someone because they are a moderator is silly dude its like starting a scap wioth somneone for being the biggest around

1. ok

2. jealous? I almost became one until I looked in the mirror one day and pulled myself together.

3. I'm not picking on him. I felt it was the opposite actually. dude. anyway what would be the worst that could happen? I'm quaking in my boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Dude, OMG like, srly build a bridge get over it.

kthxbye

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

This cop gets seriously pissed off when a teenager calls him "dude"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i use dude often myself. i dont have a "bogger" accent. not many say it to be honest where i live in tipp.
    but its a lot easier than hearing "bud" or "boi"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

relax dude, stop taking yourself so seriously.

snyper wrote: »
    Ive actually reported your post. DeVore requested you to stop baiting, yet you continue.

:rolleyes:

*snigger*

maybe you might tell your mommy on me too ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

janeybabe wrote: »
    +1

I have a neutral accent. I'm from Cork but you couldn't tell. I have got a posh accent, I haven't got a skanger accent, and I haven't got a country accent. So it tends to sound ok when I say Dude. I'm usually only messing when I say it though. I don't use it on a regular basis.

So ony posh people sound ok saying dude?
    Nah... all Irish people sound stupid saying it. South Dublin, Posh Cork, Bogger.

Same with 'gaffe'. But maybe I'm just getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 phreneticus

I'm sick of people on boards using "dude" in their posts. Somebody will say something and somebody else will reply by saying: "Dude your completely wrong" or "Dude we heard that last week". Is this a new phenomenon? Do the Dudesters use this word in real life? Has the Southern Californication of Ireland finally been completed? I'm sure the next few posts will start with "Dude".
    duuuuuuuuuude, what's your beef? Why you gotta be all up in my grill like that, man that **** is whack. Still now, it DEFINATELY beats "roysh lads"... What's with the Ross O'Carroll kelly-ification of the nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

*snigger*

maybe you might tell your mommy on me too ? :(

Im not interested in you baiting me. You obv have very little else to do

If you want me to tell you to go fcuk yourself, im not.

Now how about you quit the piss acting and address the thread or simply a better alternative STFU :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Wow. This whole thing seriously has your back up if you need to respond to my comment that way.

No need to have a panic attack because you misread my post because you got hung up on the fact that i moderate Fitness, this is after hours and in here i'm just another punter. Your the one reading too much into the Moderator thing.

Cool thine jets friend, tis only the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

cashback wrote: »
    So ony posh people sound ok saying dude?
    Nah... all Irish people sound stupid saying it. South Dublin, Posh Cork, Bogger.

Same with 'gaffe'. But maybe I'm just getting old.

Ooops! Sorry, that was a typo! I meant to write I haven't got a posh accent. As I said, mine is neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

it's a biproduct of all the marlboro lights the kids are smokin these days,they need a few weeks smokin major to get them sayin stuff like "yer only a bollicks" again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

where have i been for almost 700 posts, not sure i have noticed much of its use till now

:confused:

snyper wrote: »
    Im not interested in you baiting me. You obv have very little else to do

If you want me to tell you to go fcuk yourself, im not.

Now how about you quit the piss acting and address the thread or simply a better alternative STFU :)

thats twice youve reported me.

now everyone in the mod forum is laughing.
    but not at me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

janeybabe wrote: »
    Ooops! Sorry, that was a typo! I meant to write I haven't got a posh accent. As I said, mine is neutral.
    To you, maybe. To everyone else, you've a cork accent.

Even if you're only living there a few years, they still manage to assimilate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i use the word all the time in daily conversation. so i use it on boards. usually instead of using someone's name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

thats twice youve reported me.

now everyone in the mod forum is laughing.
    but not at me :)

..and thats 3 times.

STFU :)

Advertisement