Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah the boyfriend. Arnie gets pushed around a fair bit in return by him too.

What does he say again? "I'm gonna bust you up man!"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You're not supposed to know he's a robot at that stage though, so I guess that was the reasoning behind the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

You're not supposed to know he's a robot at that stage though, so I guess that was the reasoning behind the scene.
    I'm pretty sure ripping a mans heart out with your bare hand inside normal human behaviour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

i feel dirty for saying this but u cud tear a few holes in T1 too. Like after the car chase that ends in Sarah and Kyle getting arrested, arnie sneaks away where he coulda just walked over to the goodies car and blow them away with the cops lookin on. That and the throw matt around bit. But i think we can let em away with these few things. T4 on the other hand...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

paulieeye wrote: »
    i feel dirty for saying this but u cud tear a few holes in T1 too. Like after the car chase that ends in Sarah and Kyle getting arrested, arnie sneaks away where he coulda just walked over to the goodies car and blow them away with the cops lookin on. That and the throw matt around bit. But i think we can let em away with these few things. T4 on the other hand...

Id also argue that the whole cyborg coming back from the future is a bit far fetched too but thats just nit picking! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

what film is the ' i can be any face you like' from ?
    Dunno if this was answered as still reading through the thread, but it was Star Trek V when "God" tells Sybok that he has many faces

Actually... come to think of it:
    - Worst film of the series.. check!
    - Plot where the not-quite-villain of the story is lured to a particular place, but only so as to bring someone/something else the REAL villain needs... check
    - Everyone runs for it just before the big explosion... check

I think Paramount should sue! :p

More thoughts after I finish reading... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Let’s face it, the reason Cameron never made another Terminator movie was because the story arc had ended, the characters had come full circle.
    Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation and the TV story only serve to cheapen the last scenes of T2.

As much as I want to see more terminator movies, sometimes it’s just better to leave things alone.
    George Lucas, are you listening?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the whole factory setting, there bit where there on the gangway and he starts shooting him with a shotgun, singlehandedly reloading, all from preious movies

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

faceman wrote: »
    Id also argue that the whole cyborg coming back from the future is a bit far fetched too but thats just nit picking! :p

Theres always one..:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i enjoyed it. thought the blowing up of stuff was brilliant. its a hell of a lot better then T3. its a completely new beginning for the franchise and its ditched the chase movie tag and gone for all action, something which is great with popcorn but there isnt that much suspense.
    the giant mech like terminator rocked balls. more of that sorta thing pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Jazzy wrote: »
    more of that sorta thing pls

You're in luck - and done 7000times better btw.

Ah, true. I'd love to have seen the film not knowing that myself. Would have made the Tech Noir scene even greater when he slowly rises up after being shot :D

paulieeye wrote: »

Yeah but he was pretty damaged at that stage, you could argue. His hand didn't work and his eye was messed up. Might have been out of ammo. Better to sneak off, fix himself up and get the big guns. He knew they'd be arrested and taken to the police station. No chance to run away while he's fighting 4-5 cars worth of cops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

finally got round to seeing this and must admit i enjoyed it i had heard plenty of negatives about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

finally got round to seeing this and must admit i enjoyed it i had heard plenty of negatives about it

Totally agree with you bought it on Blu-Ray ages ago but never got around to watching it. Watched it last week and I thought it was excellent fairplay to McG for doing justice to the Terminator series, after the mess that was Terminator 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ahh I love this thread.

its one of those epic 12 month long threads that is actually more entertaining to read then to watch the non entity that was terminator salvation, with its plot that has absolutly no point or relevence on the mythos beyond a few nudge nudge wink wink nods to small quirks in terminator 1. Throw in some unimaginative and dull dragged out action set pieces and the character assassination of john connor aand you got a film that is difficult to outright hate but really easy to forget and never speak of again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I thought T4 was great. Even went to the cinema twice to see it. Action scenes were superb especially
    the chopper crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Just to let you's know the Screen in D'olier street is showing T2 on the 20th.
    Wonder how much they'll charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Dear God, how do people like this movie? I thought it was terrible.

Even if you weren't around for T1 or T2 this is still pretty poor, have you noticed that there is no plot??? or script???. Apparently Christian Bale was in it but I didn't notice. It was a truly abysmal effort at the Terminator franchise, "McG" (How up himself is he by the way?) would do better making more Charlie's Angel's sequels.

(Insert random illogical helicopter crash scene for no reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the only reason anyone likes it a all is because it somehow still managed to be better than the 3rd installment

the nods to the first 2 movies were horribly cringe worthy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Goldstein wrote: »
    Watch T2 again and tell me with a straight face that this wasn't a load of bollix.

That's your problem right there, you walked into the cinema expecting, nay, demanding quality at the level of T1 and T2. McG was never, EVER, going to produce something on a par with James Cameron's films.

Compare TS to most of the action films out these days and it is a very solid film. Jesus christ, give me TS anyday over The Expendables, The A-Team, GI Joe or The Losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's your problem right there, you walked into the cinema expecting, nay, demanding quality at the level of T1 and T2. McG was never, EVER, going to produce something on a par with James Cameron's films.

Compare TS to most of the action films out these days and it is a very solid film. Jesus christ, give me TS anyday over The Expendables, The A-Team, GI Joe or The Losers.

My first post was a bit hasty but this one was just a huge disappointment for me. I didn't expect it to live up to 1 or 2 obviously. What I did demand it live up to, however, was its own trailers and the pedigree of the cast it had at its disposal, wherein it failed miserably. The plot really was bottom drawer stuff when you consider the scope that existed when given free reign of the Terminator universe.

Taking the Sarah Connor Chronicles as an example, it's still possible to produce compelling and interesting additions to the Terminator franchise without doing a Michael Bay on it. We were denied the Terminator movie a more capable writer/director would have delivered given the same resources "McG":rolleyes: was given.

I should also mention that I thought Sam Worthington was excellent as movies only redeeming feature.

I agree it was better than the A-Team, The Expendables & The Losers but that's not exactly high praise and I wasn't expecting anything in excess of the mediocre efforts they turned out to be. If I was 10 again I would have loved GI Joe though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Alas your point about the trailer is very true, it promised more than it delivered, that's the problem with trailers these days. It's too easy to make a film look like a million bucks when in reality it's anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i just didnt like it at all i could see what they were trying to do in the film but i think they failed at it even as a stand alone away from the rest of the terminator films it wasnt good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i actually enjoyed the a team and gi joe more then terminator salavation they both had better set pieces and more memorable moments then the non entity of terminator salvation. havnt seen the expendables or the losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Agree with you there.

However it was a very average film.

At least it was better than T3 and the tv show :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

At least it was better than T3 and the tv show :pac:

be careful, you might have all the Summer Glau fans coming out of the woodwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

indough wrote: »
    the nods to the first 2 movies were horribly cringe worthy

Why did you think they were cringe worthy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am I the only person that prefers T3 to this? yeah its not without massive faults but theres a great Terminator movie in there somewhere, TS is a good sci fi movie with a Terminator storyline tacked on.

I love how T3 ends,
    its ballsy for a big budget Hollywood summer movie to end on the end of the world.

Advertisement