Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Terminator Salvation and the likes of Wolverine

Take that back ! Never compare Wolverine to a film again!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

how do i put this,there was an older war torn battle scarred john connor played by michael edwards in T2 and this is the type of guy that everyone expects in the finale
    is this the finale or does salvation leave it open for another sequel? and does christan bale live up to this guy, i know he was only in T2 for a few mins but edwards seems to be more of a john connor then bale comes across. there are question marks about the age differences of all the john connors and i suppose this is one of mine. there seems to be about 15-20 years of a difference between bale and edwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

how do i put this,there was an older war torn battle scarred john connor played by michael edwards in T2 and this is the type of guy that everyone expects in the finale
    is this the finale or does salvation leave it open for another sequel? and does christan bale live up to this guy, i know he was only in T2 for a few mins but edwards seems to be more of a john connor then bale comes across. there are question marks about the age differences of all the john connors and i suppose this is one of mine. there seems to be about 15-20 years of a difference between bale and edwards.
    According to T1 & T2 the war against Skynet wasn't resolved until 2029 (when it sent back the Terminators as a last resort). Salvation is set in 2018, 14 years after the rescheduled Judgement Day. 10 years is plenty of time for Connor to rise to the top of the Resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

KerranJast wrote: »
    According to T1 & T2 the war against Skynet wasn't resolved until 2029 (when it sent back the Terminators as a last resort). Salvation is set in 2018, 14 years after the rescheduled Judgement Day. 10 years is plenty of time for Connor to rise to the top of the Resistance.
    thanks for that ,
    so there's still 11 years of fighting left, it also explains (A) why reese and connor are so young (B) it leaves salvation wide open for another sequel. in the original terminator reese tells sarah the war was already won so at least it's starting to come together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I really can't stand Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong I guess.

Edward Furlong was an annoying git in that film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Edward Furlong is an annoying git
    Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

saw it yesterday back to back with star trek and thought it was alright. i do enjoy bad movies though so maybe i'm biased. :)

thought sam worthington did a much better job than bale though, i was half expecting him to turn up with his batman mask on every time he did his default mean husky voice thing.

Anton Yelchin did a great job too imho, altho it was a little odd watching him doing chekov in trek, then doing kyle reese in T4 a few minutes later. :)

didn't i hear somewhere that this is supposed to be part one of a new terminator trilogy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

MooseJam wrote: »
    In your opinion

actually I just worked out what it is about the new star trek I liked.

It reminded me alot of the awesome that was Galaxy Quest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the awesome that was Galaxy Quest :D

+1

Well Galaxy Quest was better than 70% of the official Star Trek films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

terminator salvation was a total and utter car crash of a movie. the thing that really annoyed me besides the non existent storyline was the made for home rental dvd feel of the movie.
    i felt cheated out of my 9 euro by going to see this mess.
    i am pretty sure the franchise is dead in the water after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Why does Skynet refer to itself as "we"?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ryoishin wrote: »
    Why does Skynet refer to itself as "we"?

Maybe it's the 'royal we'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Saw it last night. My first thought on it ending was that it was incredibely loud.

And not much good either, if it was on tv I wouldn't watch it. But saying that it was not my kind of film...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

run of the mill just ain't good enough we needed somebody to do an avatar on the film, er james cameron perhaps, go the next level or don't bother.

as somebody said where were the lasers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm just waiting for South Park to do a skit on it now...in the same vein as 'The China Probrem'.

run of the mill just ain't good enough we needed somebody to do an avatar on the film, er james cameron perhaps, go the next level or don't bother.

The giant Terminator and the mototerminators had some kind of energy weaponry. Like I said in a previous post they were intending this to kickstart a new trilogy and the film is set 11 years before 1984 Kyle Reese's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I'm just waiting for South Park to do a skit on it now...in the same vein as 'The China Probrem'.

Thats the main problem with Southpark now, you can almost preempt the next storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

its meant to be set about 10 years before Kyle Reese gets sent back in time. I think the weapons they used made sense, it showed that the T7/T600 which could be defeated (not easily though) with a regular assault rifle/machine gun. Its only when the later more advance models appear they need laser based weapons and as a previous poster said the motor-robots and the giant one both had some kinda energy based weapon so that could be an early stage of it.
    After all, war is normal a great time for invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ah well.... it was better than T3 alrite...

ok i thought some of the action scenes were pretty cool... the bikes and transforminator bit and the opening scene with the chopper..

that said, it doesn't make up for a movie that had too many problems for my liking...
    The escape is absolutely ridiculous... where the hell was that transforminator when they were escaping!!!? For all those terminators that were being made, there was only 2 or 3 actually working and gaurding. Surely someone in the films production would have realised this and at least adding some visual effects and gunfire just to make it seem like there was some bit of a battle!

Bale was very annoying too... that stupid husky voice..

For a guy who can't drive(Kyle), he did pretty well....

The terminators themselves.. as in the t-600... they just weren't that scary(or deadly) like in the earlier movies.. i know the t-800 is only being built but these t-600s are really letting their name down! they were shít at terminating!
    How many people did they kill?

Finally
    The whole heart thing... the best surgeons must have survived judgement day with a fully operating medical room!!!

• Advertisement

:D

youtube is wonderful sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

:D

youtube is wonderful sometimes

Nobody can say 'why?' like arnie :pac:

all their *worst of* seems to be up on youtube, its strangely entertaining viewing.

Just back from this now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While it's not a patch on teh first two it's certainly superior to the thirdone. A lot of people accuse Bale of being humourless but let's not forget that this is a man who has spent his entire life preparing to stop the apocalypse. He's not some wise cracking, cigar chomping hero, he's a cold blooded machine killing son of a bitch. That said Bale does seem to be stuck in Batman mode and could have done somethign truly special with one of hte most faous charters in cinema but instead choose autopilot.

Sam Worthington was absolutly fantastic,Cameron placed a lot of trust in him and from what he has the ability to be one of the greats.

The action was fantastic in places, the highway chase being a standout. The final battttle seemed very anticlimatic. All the priosners just walked out of the facility without encountering any resistence.

The films biggest problem is that it seems to be an origions story for all ready established characters. All in all it was an enjoyable film and one which I'll be picking up on Blu Ray.

The Machinima series featuring Moon Bloodgood

it's certainly superior to the second one.

typo?

typo?

Just rewatching som eparts of 2 as I type. Watched it all ready this morning and decided to rewatch some of the great scenes.

Soooooooooo bad . Not thought put into it. Nothing new brought to the plate. Re-hashing scenes from the 80's .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Just back from this now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While it's not a patch on teh first two it's certainly superior to the thirdone. A lot of people accuse Bale of being humourless but let's not forget that this is a man who has spent his entire life preparing to stop the apocalypse. He's not some wise cracking, cigar chomping hero, he's a cold blooded machine killing son of a bitch. That said Bale does seem to be stuck in Batman mode and could have done somethign truly special with one of hte most faous charters in cinema but instead choose autopilot.

Is it just me or do your words not seem back up your statement of thoroughly enjoying it?

It's not humor from Bale that was expected but some humor was expected somewhere. I think the flat out refusal to inject any humor whatsoever was a huge failing...the movie from beginning to end failed, the whole script seems unsure of itself and I do believe that there is 3 fade to blacks in the film!!! *perplexation* :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

and I do believe that there is 3 fade to blacks in the film!!! *perplexation* :confused:

I mentioned how sloppy that looked earlier... keep expecting a advert for Harvey Norman or Right Price Tiles to come up right after it.

Advertisement