Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you describe yourself - personality wise?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

sueme wrote: »
    On that waxed oiled skin? I'd shred them to bits.:eek:

I know it's pretty hidious alright isn't it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stargal wrote: »
    Yeah, I was surprised at the number of people who described themselves as ditzy!
    I was disappointed, but not surprised.
    sueme wrote: »
    ....I'm ditzy, bit like Ali McBeal, yet strong, also incredibly gorgeous (look at the pic I chose!!!) but I can be moody sometimes, but I love cuddles....In other words I'm ADORABLE!!
    Yes, that IS stupid.
    I guess I become frustrated with women ironically vastly underselling themselves through stereotype, cliché, celebrity comparisons and ultimately low-self esteem. Women are worth more than that.
    Very much agreed again.

I feel like weeping at some of the stuff females post on Boards (not just this forum) but in fairness, once again, this IS a light-hearted thread. Look how the guys send themselves up on BG&RH. Some of the female Boardsies I respect the most have posted here: LadyJ, Embee, Narco, Stargal, WindSock - none of these are idiots.
    What is a bint exactly Thaed?

If anyone says me I'll have to get cross.
    Oh you can be sure you're very much NOT a bint! A bint is the type of female you described in your quote above (to which I responded "Very much agreed again").

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Dudess wrote: »

I feel like weeping at some of the stuff females post on Boards (not just this forum) but in fairness, once again, this IS a light-hearted thread. Look how the guys send themselves up on BG&RH. Some of the female Boardsies I respect the most have posted here: LadyJ, Embee, Narco, Stargal, WindSock - none of these are idiots.

I too despair for womankind from time to time when I read boards. I replied to this thread because I thought it was meant to be lighthearted fluff... I didn't realise people would take it so seriously.

And Dudess, I'm afraid I am a complete idiot. I walked into a glass door at college and I think I've chipped a tooth :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It was nice knowin' ya kiddo. Once...

/goes off to delete Embee from "respected" list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

That's absurd. Because sueme calls a spade a spade and highlights this thread for the kind of stereotypical indulgent rubbish that it is, she is told to shut the fukc up, that she's boring, intolerant, sulky, grumpy and bitchy. Good one lads!

This thread reminds me of all those women who look at Sex and the City and go on about how much like their life it is. Dear God. In your dreams!

And as for telling us not to rain on your parade...this is a public forum. If you don't want anyone to be able to respond, make it private and then only let the ditzy, adorable, passionate, exciting, strong, unique and gorgeous women in instead of us party poopers! Easy.

Listen love, the men are talking, time for you to have some quiet time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's absurd. Because sueme calls a spade a spade and highlights this thread for the kind of stereotypical indulgent rubbish that it is, she is told to shut the fukc up

At least STFU was concise.

Boston wrote: »
    Listen love, the men are talking, time for you to have some quiet time.
    Stark wrote: »
    At least STFU was concise.

Lads this was all ended this afternoon, there's no need to start it up again :rolleyes:

How dare you assume we're men you sexist!

Boston wrote: »
    How dare you assume we're men you sexist!

Well then girls this was all ended this afternoon, there's no need to start it up again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

embee wrote: »
    I replied to this thread because I thought it was meant to be lighthearted fluff... I didn't realise people would take it so seriously.

Lighthearted fluff , I thought so to

• Advertisement

How dare you presume I identify with a particular gender, you sexist!

How dare you eh , ...................:confused:

Well then people this was all ended this afternoon, there's no need to start it up again :rolleyes: how's that?

Dont start ....

Baudelaire wrote: »
    Well then people this was all ended this afternoon, there's no need to start it up again :rolleyes: how's that?

Some of us only get online in the evening. How's that? I wasn't aware we were clocking in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wow. this thread got a little crazy.

oh, and to thaed's link... im INFP.

christ, i remember doing a zillion page questionnaire on that thing in college and getting the same result as the 4 question thing here...

Some of us only get online in the evening. How's that? I wasn't aware we were clocking in and out.

All I was saying was there's no point in begining it all up again, I wasn't aware not being able to log in in the aftenoon gave you the right to restart an off topic agrument when you could log on and ignore the mods request to let it go
    WindSock wrote: »
    Can we get back on topic and stop attacking each other please? If you don't like it don't post and stir crap. Simple as.

All I was saying was there's no point in begining it all up again, I wasn't aware not being able to log in in the aftenoon gave you the right to restart an off topic agrument when you could log on and ignore the mods request to let it go

Herein lies the reason that a forum for women is fraught with problems BGRH isn't - women can't resist a good old bitch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Herein lies the reason that a forum for women is fraught with problems BGRH isn't - women can't resist a good old bitch :rolleyes:
    I agree wholeheartedly - this place is full of good old bitches. ;)

To describe myself, if John Prescott could cook & had two Skodas instead of two Jags we'd be very much alike (in temprament).

john_prescott.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Well, I wasn't trying to get people's backs up.

well if you didnt realsie you were doing it then your even more idiotic than i previously believed
    Someone once said to me that when I join a thread it's like throwing lighter fluid on a bbq. :)

That translates as being an arse.

who made you a mod?

Fact is good ol neuro went into this thread derailed it an primped and queen beed.
    Turning a light hearted thread into yet another bitch fest.

• Advertisement

Judging for some of the responces here I'd be of the opinion that it's not just the girls that like a good old bitch fest
    Marksie wrote: »

who made you a mod?.

I never claimed to be mod, I just requested that the argument not be started up again in what was an otherwise fun thread, I don't think to much to ask.
    Marksie wrote: »
    Fact is good ol neuro went into this thread derailed it an primped and queen beed. Turning a light hearted thread into yet another bitch fest.

One could argue that you're doing the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Right enough crap.. this has gone a bit off topic. Next person to post off topic gets a permaban.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*post*

<.<

>.>

i found that site thaed posted quite interesting, as it says that on the ones where you're much of a muchness, to think back to what you were like before 12, and what your personality was like then, as that's a better example of nature, and your true nature, than now, when you've learnt waht society likes etc. reminded me of a nurse in a nursing home saying that she'd heard that when you tend to revert back to your original personality, not the one you learnt to have for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Morning ladies,

Ok personality wise here I am...

There are so many levels to me, I would be quite a complex person.

Out going , assertive and confident..

Loving, Caring, Generous..

Sometimes I get a bit highly strung(that would be for about 3 days a month:o)

Apart from that I am generally good humoured, I have a great sense of humour and a dirty mind;);).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Ladies, especially neuro-praxis and sueme. Chill. Is the auld menstrual cycle playing ye up? Teh interweb is getting too serious.

Where is teh luuuurrrvvvvve?

Better still, come on over to Yore Ma's for some deep and meaningful conversation.

I beg your pardon .....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Personality, me? Hmmm, not too egotistical. That'd be it.

P.S. I am a legend, I just don't brag that much anymore............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

smashey wrote: »
    Where is teh luuuurrrvvvvve?

Right here

*points to groin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

smashey wrote: »
    Better still, come on over to Yore Ma's for some deep and meaningful conversation.

And bring food. The brothers do love their food.

Oh, and beer. Ooops, ditzy lil' ol' me forgot the beer *giggles*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

g'em wrote: »
    And bring food. The brothers do love their food.

Oh, and beer. Ooops, ditzy lil' ol' me forgot the beer *giggles*

Don't worry about the beer, I've got it covered!

Personality 1 Slow Motion : Affable barman! Always ready with a joke or to light up your smoke, good listener, empathetic, knows nothing about cocktails or small umbrellas!

Perthonality 2 Igor : thometime barman and general employee, rethcued from a Pratchett novel by Mr Motion, the whole of me ith thummed up by different parth, I have a tendanthy to appear thuddenly behind people with their drinkth!

Advertisement