Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer of Choice?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ive never had it before so I wont question your judgement, but why is Bud looked unfavourably on in these quarters?
    Because it isn't beer, it's insipid piss with no discernible flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Buckfast!!!!!!!!!

buckieburd wrote: »
    Buckfast!!!!!!!!!
    Hello buckiebird!

hows the form?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ive never had it before so I wont question your judgement, but why is Bud looked unfavourably on in these quarters?

Beer
    Ingredients: Water, barley, hops, yeast

Budweiser

Ingredients: Water, barley, hops, yeast and rice! Not forgetting the planks of wood they throw into the vats to "beechwood age" the stuff.

Beer
    Colour: Anything from a rich gold to the deep, deep red of a pint of stout.

Budweiser

Colour: An insipid, watery yellow reminiscent of the colour of urine after you've drank about 3 litres of water.

Beer
    Taste: Many, varied and often quite surprising.

Budweiser

Taste: None.

DesF wrote: »
    Hello buckiebird!

hows the form?

Excellent although some skanger in my job called is sick yesterday so am shattered after being so busy in work......

And yes I just re-read the name of the thread and I am aware Buckfast is not beer.......

• Advertisement

Budvar!!!! Nassou Astro (sp!)

some skanger

:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Beer of choice: wet, cold, alcoholic, not light (esp. not Lite), plentiful.

Miller is an ok beer Zaph.
    Lately my favourite beer is erdinger, closely followed by:
    Budvar.
    Paulaner-very nice.
    Schoferhoffer-excellent stuff.
    Maisels Weisse-very good.
    Duvel.
    Affligem-similar to Duvel.
    1795 Budejovicke-similar to Budvar but not as good.
    Cobra.
    Tiger.
    Hoegaarden-ok but not all that it's made out to be.
    Franziskaner.
    Watou's Wit- a little plain but quite drinkable.
    Delirium Tremens-rocket fuel.
    Ch'ti-frech beer,nice enough.
    Leffe.
    I don't like heineken/carlsberg. The worst drink I've ever had was newcastle brown ale-VILE.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Excellent although some skanger in my job called is sick yesterday so am shattered after being so busy in work......

And yes I just re-read the name of the thread and I am aware Buckfast is not beer.......

errr buckieburd, that was so uncalled for, i am mortally hurt, i shall never phone you again to get tell you that you are late for work ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

In a can it can only be Guinness extra stout can't abide that draught stuff thats what you go to bars for.
    Bottles of Becks are very good, nice strong taste as oppossed to that weak american crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ArmedResponse

Agree with you in terms of guiness there mate but i still think miller has the nicest flavour whch is what this pollis all about!!

nothing beats miller from a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

beck vier, becks, holsten pils

if i'm stuck in an uneducated bar and I'm stuck generally a stella will suffice.

spirits wise nothing beats Zubrowka bison vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Beer, that would be my choice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In Ireland it's Carslberg or Guinness. Can't stand Bud, like Miller from a bottle and am partial to a Corona with lime.

In Australia it's Toohey's Extra Dry, Carlton Dry/Cold, Pure Blonde, Swan Draught. Basically anything that isn't VB. P*ss water that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Have to say nothing beats Guinness. But I'm also quite partial to Budvar, Tiger Beer, and if there isn't a great selection, i'll usually go for Heineken. And most weissbeers get my seal of approval, especially Franziskaner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Draught Bud or bottles of Miller

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Draught Bud
    lol-srsly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

ashamed1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

depends on my mood but a nice cold well poured pint of guiness on a cold day in a warm pub cant beat it! few cans of fosters and tuborg go down well and cheap!however i aint too pick as long as its sweet,sweet beer il drink it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Budweiser, Heiniken, Miller and the like aint real beers. They are syrups imported and then reconstituted with water in whatever country they are being distrubuted in. They contain preservatives thats why your skull is exploding the following morning.For something really different try King Cobra 8%abv or HobGoblin or some ales from the Black Sheep brewery. Good offies offer the best range McHughs or Sweeneys on the North side or Whealans & Carvels on the south side. Supermarkets generally dont stock good beers cause the volume sales are in the suds. Bottles over cans always. They just taste better.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

After being in Thailand last year i became quite attached to one of the local brews called Singha.;)
    There was another one called Chang which was a lot stronger (not a bad thing mind) around the 6% mark. Only downside was a blinding hangover we named a " changover". Seen them both for sale in a couple of the better local beer shops:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

miller isn't that bad, it's my house party beer as if i showed up with a mixture of various weis beers brom my fridge people would think i'm a twat.

beers i like include
    kirin ichiban
    Guinness
    Smithwicks
    Erdinger Dunkel
    Spaten
    paulaner
    Francizkaner
    maisel's weis
    Tiger
    Budvar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Paulaner, Schneider Weiss, Maisels Weiss

Pretty much anything with the word Weiss in it but I would have a preference for the German ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Xavi6 wrote: »
    In Ireland it's Carslberg or Guinness. Can't stand Bud, like Miller from a bottle and am partial to a Corona with lime.

In Australia it's Toohey's Extra Dry, Carlton Dry/Cold, Pure Blonde, Swan Draught. Basically anything that isn't VB. P*ss water that is.

Like the swan draught here in Perth too.

And brothers have swung to the dark side Hahn Lite.

Chang in Thailand great stuff

But Larue Draught in Vietnam the nicest beer I've had in years

Would trade it all for a decent Guinness:p

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Thanks to our European cousins for coming over and building apartments, in the process they have brought with them some delicious beer's. Check out some of the following.

Warka Strong from Poland
    Svyturys Extra & Draught from Lithuania
    Bangla from India (mainly in restruants)
    Krusovice Imperial from Czech Republic.

One of the most sought after beers (world wide) is one which I think is called Barking Mad Siberian Dog. Its apparently the stout Guinness should aspire to be. Aint tasted it myself cos Ive never been to Siberia. Its f***ing cold enough here at the moment.
    :D:D:D

sioda wrote: »
    Like the swan draught here in Perth too.

And brothers have swung to the dark side Hahn Lite.

Chang in Thailand great stuff

But Larue Draught in Vietnam the nicest beer I've had in years

Would trade it all for a decent Guinness:p

A fellow Perth resident?! Jays maybe us brothers should organise some sort of 'Perth Beers' and let the swanny flow all night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I've been drinking Smithwicks since I could legally buy a pint, I'm 22 :o

Get some awful abuse for it but it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

The big problem here Brother Xavi is the cost of beer here in WA find it prohibitive to drink out in the pub here

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    The big problem here Brother Xavi is the cost of beer here in WA find it prohibitive to drink out in the pub here

Really? Roughly what area are you in? My local charges a nice $6 a pint, that's pretty much 4 euro and cheaper than my local back home.

Advertisement