Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X01 - "The Beginning Of The End" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Bard wrote: »

btw, a solid 8 from me. It entertained me in an eight-ish sort of way.
    Best reason to give something 8 ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Combined with the fact that last week I had chronic insommnia and the fact that the damn thing was finallly back Ive watched this episode 5 times :D I'll give my full thoughts later if I get a chance. I gave it a ten but that was seconds after I saw it and was very much cos Lost was at last back on air.

Its more of an 8. But a fantastic 8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah I think probably I was so happy to have it back it got a 10 from me, if you compare it to some of the crap thats been on since we last saw Lost, luckily we had Dexter to get us through, so didn't have to watch crappy Heroes ;)
    But I still give it 10 as it was a fitting tribute to Charlie which we didn't have time to mourn in the finale last season.
    As for people sawing well it wasn't much of a Season premiere and just felt like an episode from last season, thats fine by me, I think trying to top the previous seasons opener would eventually end in disaster for the show.
    Anyway Roll on tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Anyway else notice the bit when Hurley is in the police station and imagines/sees someone swimming towards him (I think it's Charlie) just before the window smashes you can see the words 'They need you' written on the swimmer's hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

My wife came up with the theory that Hurley is the man in the coffin in the season 3 finale. It kind of makes sense, it looks like the future events in 4x01 happen before the future events in season 3. Jack looks clean, isn't looking for the island again, isn't growing a beard still has a job and seems to have started drinking.

We liked 4x01, anyone else reckon the eyes that appeared in the window of jacobs shack belong to the guy from the orientation videos?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

you can see the words 'They need you' written on the swimmer's hand...

theyneedyou.jpg

yup :)

Scared the bejaysus outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Unpossible wrote: »
    anyone else reckon the eyes that appeared in the window of jacobs shack belong to the guy from the orientation videos?
    Was that not Locke?! I mean he appeared above above Hurley a moment or two after he ran from the window.

Was that not Locke?
    I thought locke has blue eyes. The eye looked kind of asian.

I'm not great with picture stuff, I took a screenshot of the face in the window. The person definitely has hair so its not locke.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/MikeOC/eyeLost.jpg

Unpossible wrote: »
    My wife came up with the theory that Hurley is the man in the coffin in the season 3 finale.

Its a coffin not a piano box ;O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Its a coffin not a piano box ;O

Maybe he was cremated and his remains wouldn't fit in a vase :D

Nah but seriously thats the second or third person who thought it was Hurley. Watch the season finale again, no matter what camera angle is looking at the coffin there's no way it's big enough. I didn't think it was even big enough for a 'normal' sized person which is why I thought it was Walt but that wouldn't really make sense...

Watch the season finale again, no matter what camera angle is looking at the coffin there's no way it's big enough.
    Maybe he got really serious about his basketball training. or it could be Bens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

theres already a thread all about who people think is in the coffin

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Mod Edit: This was a spoiler for Episode 4... be careful what threads you're posting in, Vodkababy.

Advertisement