Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil children: guaranteed to be evil adults or capable of changing?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

david1two3 wrote: »
    Christ has died, Christ is buried ,Christ is livid again.

I love your use of stupid Americano insults, it fits you quite well

Coffee??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

You are the worst kind of idiot, the kind who thinks that he is smart. How about you go back and re-sit your Junior Cert, you stupid retard..

The smart part is me leading you along while I eat the carrot and beat you with the stick,oh yeah. Im just laughing my holoff at your simple way of seeing not whats in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Verily I say unto thee,

Splish splosh banana squash. Impose your intellect unto this page and forever be remembered as one who seeks not vindication, but justice.

What is going on with this David character?

OT: Not so much about second chances, but these people commited their crime as ten year old kids. I would like to think they have learned a lot throughout their rehabilitation and are truley remorseful.

Although it is nigh on impossible to feel empathy towards them, you'd have to feel they can carry on the rest of their lives as normal folk, albeit carrying a dreaded guilt on their shoulders to their death beds.

Edit: Blue Lagoons post was on the money.

The smart part is me leading you along while I eat the carrot and beat you with the stick,oh yeah. Im just laughing my holoff at your simple way of seeing not what in front of you.

Oh that's a ruse of Machiavellian machination. Your wiles stymie us mere mortals at every turn. You, the puppetmaster, stand in the shadows and make us dance to your tune. It was there in front of us all the time, Crazy Christ but we couldn't see it. Hemmed in by the fog of our own ignorance unaware of what schemes and pitfalls lay ahead of us.

Truly, David you are the Prince amongst men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What is going on with this David character?

Well , he's just about insulted everybody on the thread including the mod so i wonder to why he is being allowed to continue rant his ..................gobblygook ?

Was the Omen on tv tonight by any chance ?

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »

Nope, he was on Boards.

Boom! Boom!

Dinter wrote: »
    Nope, he was on Boards.

Boom! Boom!

I thought as much . :D His username says it all .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

david1two3 , Dinter, and Crazy Christ: Behave or be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

The smart part is me leading you along while I eat the carrot and beat you with the stick,oh yeah. Im just laughing my holoff at your simple way of seeing not whats in front of you.

Well laugh your holoff some more, I'd love to be as content as you. Unfortunately, not everyone can be without a brain. You're making a tit of yourself. You should be in a mental institution, colouring in a picture of the sun

latchyco wrote: »
    Well , he's just about insulted everybody on the thread including the mod so i wonder to why he is being allowed to continue rant his ..................gobblygook ?

Giving blowjobs to ghosts now are we, how can you tell when hes finished or do you milk it for all its worth.

• Advertisement

Giving blowjobs to ghosts now are we, how can you tell when hes finished or do you milk it for all its worth.

What an odd thing to say. . .

Well laugh your holoff some more, I'd love to be as content as you. Unfortunately, not everyone can be without a brain. You're making a tit of yourself. You should be in a mental institution, colouring in a picture of the sun

One down. Do the rest of you want to join him?
    Stay on-topic.

Karoma wrote: »
    david1two3 , Dinter, and Crazy Christ: Behave or be banned.

**** you too you reincarnation of something that never existed, that is your common sense by the way, ban me all day every day for all I fukkin care you Terry the tantrum and all those other power mad Cu8nts have no hope at all ,thats all for now jokes, and as for judess I always knew shed be the end of me

**** you too you reincarnation of something that never existed, that is your common sense by the way, ban me all day every day for all I fukkin care you Terry the tantrum and all those other power mad Cu8nts have no hope at all ,thats all for now jokes, and as for judess I always knew shed be the end of me

I'll bite my lip because it's not really worth getting banned over and I don't think he'll be replying much for the next while anyway.

I'll take that as a yes. Banned.

For everyone else and for the last time: Back on-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wow... that was a strange few hours.

Very strange , i wasn't going to respond to his last post re-ghost ,no way hosay but it made me laugh :)

Night Night all

So. . . Where was I? ? ? Hmmm. . .

Oh yeah! Rehabilitation. Does it work?

I guess we'll see when David1two3's ban is lifted. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

But do you think that a person who spends ten years confined in a young offender's institue, cut off from the rest of the world, is any way capable of maturing? What sort of a person would emerge from society's attempt at rehabilitation is my question? If a person goes in bad is there a guarantee he'll come out better when he spends most of his time surrounded by peers with slipped morals?
    You really don't know. Opinions are being formed based on very little knowledge in terms of who they are today. My point is that they have changed in over a decade, for the better or for the worse. So if they do somehow reform, should they be given a second chance, or should they be burned at the stake of public opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hate to do this but actually heart in this instance is singular. You're referring to each one of our hearts singularly but referring to the group of "us" (yourselves) who have them in the plural.

Or am I lying? ? ?

Friad so.

"Your hearts'" indicates more than one heart, irrespecitve of the number of people ("your" in English is the same for second person singlar and plural)

"Your heart's" would indicate one heart and therefore by logic, one person.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

You really don't know. Opinions are being formed based on very little knowledge in terms of who they are today. My point is that they have changed in over a decade, for the better or for the worse. So if they do somehow reform, should they be given a second chance, or should they be burned at the stake of public opinion?

Of course they should be given a second chance. I already said that.

Whether the evil gene that Dudess spoke of exists, I can't say one way or the other however I do not buy into the argument that "any ten year old is capable of this".

Most children would learn their morals from their environment and peers and as I said a young offenders institution is probably not the place to get clear direction in that. Whether they'll offend again is debatable because they have first hand experience of the punishments handed down although conversely they have first hand experience of the punishments handed down for the most serious of crimes. It all depends on how much of a "punishment" they received.

I remember seeing an example of a young offenders institution and with the private rooms, televisions and X Boxes it was hardly Victorian in severity for the inmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm not sure if locking up kids for their adolescence is the best idea, and I'm far from a bleeding heart. They are no doubt 2 adults with serious mental problems now. Even if they are no longer violent.
    Of course in this particular case, had they not been locked up, they would have been lynched.

Advertisement