Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil children: guaranteed to be evil adults or capable of changing?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

david1two3 wrote: »
    It occurs to me the only people incapable of moderating are those that want to, same for politicians, cops and leaders in general.

Hear that, 6th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Children left alone to their own devices for long periods devoid of proper love and afection are capable of falling into a void of all sorts.That's not to say all kids alone will do so but the potential is there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Children are very impressionable - I was talked into shop-lifting as a child by friend. Not nearly as bad, I know, but I knew it was wrong, in an I've-been-told-this-is-wrong kind of way and I did it anyway. I wanted to fit in and didn't think at all about the consequences. It had nothing to do with how my parents raised me and I was otherwise a very well-behaved child.

I got caught once and never did it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mudder teresa

Who exactly is "Mudder" teresa? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    It is ill-formed, nasty and judgemental to comment on the potential evil of ANYONE'S character when you've never met them or heard anything recent concrete about them.

Half of your posts admit to wild specualtion, for Heaven's sake!
    Exactly. That's the point of this thread. I'm not saying I'm right whatsoever.
    Oh, and they butchered a small boy and left him a train track for heaven's sake.
    They had a fukced up childhood, and ended up doing fukced up things
    As is the case with many people. Yes, they were 10, not 3. You and Ikky Poo2 sure talk a load of bleeding-heart shyte - telling me I have absolutely zero right to criticise them is just laughable.
    There is no obvious sign of you baring anything in mind other than the drivelish writing of hate filled hack stabbers and reinventing yourself as Mudder teresa in the last one or two posts doesnt work
    Naw love, read my opening post and you'll see I said Venables probably does feel remorse today.
    as having the thinking you do be showing here implies that your real problem is trying to distance yourself from the reality of the situation, that being that you were just as capable as these 10 year old boys of doing the exact same thing and if you make enough noise about it you would seem to be a caring person, whereas you really arent caring at all, as demonstrated by your demonising of both boys ,one more than the other. As all of these behaviour patterns are generally done subconsciously there is no need to utter front page denials to me or anyone else,just stop generalising on such an important subject
    Oh you mean like those fuking idiots who go down to the courthouse to yell abuse at convicted murderers (e.g. Joe O'Reilly)? Nah, I hate those freaks too. No need for your psychoanalysis hon, it's not "masking" anything in me. I'm just appalled by what was done by those two boys to a two-year-old - very straightforward, nothing deeper than that.
    and then backtracking like Neil Kinnock on the beach when you really are not equipped to know of the suffering of children and how they bring their experiences to the adult world.
    Show me an example of me back-tracking. And again, what a load of bleeding heart cock.
    It occurs to me the only people incapable of moderating are those that want to, same for politicians, cops and leaders in general.
    Yeah... not because they're deemed capable of it. You clearly want to be a moderator. Go for it - you can do it!
    Kenny 5 wrote: »
    As an evil child I threw the remote control into the fire. I now realise that a remote control is very valuable asset to a person. So yes, evil children can change.
    Heh, you were attacking me for being PC before, I suppose you'll have to change your abuse tactics now. Oh, and your gloating PM's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

There is no obvious sign of you baring anything in mind other than the drivelish writing of hate filled hack stabbers and reinventing yourself as Mudder teresa in the last one or two posts doesnt work as having the thinking you do be showing here implies that your real problem is trying to distance yourself from the reality of the situation, that being that you were just as capable as these 10 year old boys of doing the exact same thing and if you make enough noise about it you would seem to be a caring person, whereas you really arent caring at all, as demonstrated by your demonising of both boys ,one more than the other. As all of these behaviour patterns are generally done subconsciously there is no need to utter front page denials to me or anyone else,just stop generalising on such an important subject and then backtracking like Neil Kinnock on the beach when you really are not equipped to know of the suffering of children and how they bring their experiences to the adult world. It occurs to me the only people incapable of moderating are those that want to, same for politicians, cops and leaders in general.

I mean usually I prefer to sit back and let people defend themselves (and we all know Dudess is more than capable of doing that) but this defies logic.

On what are you basing the assertion that DUdess was jsut as capable of what these kids did when she was 10? Did you know both those children and Dudess personally at that time? Because if you didn't then you're guilty of exactly what you just accused Dudess of.

I'm not aware of Dudess having referenced the exact sources of her information, so I have to ask how you know what her sources are?

Are you also familiair with DUdess on a personal level? Because asserting that she has no familiarity with the suffereing of children or how they carry that with them to adulthood indicates you do.

As to your remark about moderators, politicians and so on. I always find the people who make those kinds of remarks are the very people who bemoan their situation when things go wrong but are never willing to get the finger out and actually do anything about it.

The moderators do their best with a lot of trying individuals like yourself, if you'd prefer a more receptive ear to your vitriol in future I suggest you refrain from making things personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Children aren't born evil, parents and society inflict evil on them, but some might be more susceptible to it. I'm sure Thompson and Venables were on the path to being true scumbags when they murdered Jamie Bolger. I dont think anybody here could give an accurate evaluation of these too men, or how their lifes have changed since the age of 10.

But i do know one thing, if i was either of them, i'd put a shotgun to my head and do the Bolger family (and world) a favor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Y'see I'm wondering whether Thompson's capability of doing what he did is down to his own pathology - not being able to feel empathy when another person suffers, the "evil gene" etc (hence my use of the term "evil" to all those pedants out there). And if so, is there any way he could be rehabilitated or is he just doomed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I would invite them into my home for a spot of tea, a game of cards and perhaps engage them in conversation about the Kaiser's atrocities in Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,225 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dudess wrote: »
    As is the case with many people. Yes, they were 10, not 3. You and Ikky Poo2 sure talk a load of bleeding-heart shyte - telling me I have absolutely zero right to criticise them is just laughable.

You have every right to criticise what they did, and you do. No problem.
    What you do NOT have the right to do is criticise someone based on one inicident some time ago when you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING. I can't make it any clearer!

Maybe I am bleeding-heart, but I'd rather that than be an evil withchunting hatemongerer.

PS - what exactly is an "evil gene"? Scientifically speaking, of course?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

I mean usually I prefer to sit back and let people defend themselves (and we all know Dudess is more than capable of doing that) but this defies logic.

On what are you basing the assertion that DUdess was jsut as capable of what these kids did when she was 10? Did you know both those children and Dudess personally at that time? Because if you didn't then you're guilty of exactly what you just accused Dudess of.

I'm not aware of Dudess having referenced the exact sources of her information, so I have to ask how you know what her sources are?

Are you also familiair with DUdess on a personal level? Because asserting that she has no familiarity with the suffereing of children or how they carry that with them to adulthood indicates you do.

As to your remark about moderators, politicians and so on. I always find the people who make those kinds of remarks are the very people who bemoan their situation when things go wrong but are never willing to get the finger out and actually do anything about it.

The moderators do their best with a lot of trying individuals like yourself, if you'd prefer a more receptive ear to your vitriol in future I suggest you refrain from making things personal.

shes not capable of defending herself as I obvious by what she says and how she says it , this whole thread is a mess of her making but to back down now or ever would be to much for her. So she will soldier on as if it never was complete clap trap nonsense in the first place

Any ten year old is capable of killing a two year old.And what I accuse her of is in no way related to whether I know them or her. As for you telling me how I should write, I wont have that now or ever ,if they want rid of me I wont lose any sleep. I already know I dont want to know her

My remarks about mod, polititchens, cops etc are based on very obvious facts and you trying to undermine me on that wont work now or ever. Its always easy to see when your on the money as peeps come in with all sorts of valueless crepe to try and side swipe your position. Your logic defier needs adjusting or possibly switching off. As for sources ,they are irelevent as rubbishs source is a valueless as the rubbish itself. In reality your argument is a clueless as hers but I think that is more likely to propel you than quell you. Saying it like it is is obviously to much for you but if thats what rots your boat,fine thers loads more available for opinions like yours and hers. Your second last paragraph is the funniest ,standing up for those who stand idly by while lining their pockets blatantly and publicy castigating all around them for their .............yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

It is ill-formed, nasty and judgemental to comment on the potential evil of ANYONE'S character when you've never met them or heard anything recent concrete about them.

Half of your posts admit to wild specualtion, for Heaven's sake!

Ah I see the bleeding heart liberals are in full swing today.

As far as I can make out Dudess is talking about the children at the time of the offense and thus asking us to extrapolate from that on whether a child who'd commit such an unspeakable act could be rehabilitated from it. Therefore she is correct in her description of them at the time of the event.There is no reason for you to get up on your high horse and condemn her for it. They did murder a child.

Moving on from that I wouldn't see how an event like that couldn't be detrimental to a child's psyche and by taking into account the facts of the case I don't believe they were all there to start with.

To sum up I wouldn't trust that they're rehabilitated. Also before the liberals start crying, remember society doesn't trust them either. That's why murderers are only released on licence.

Dudess wrote: »
    Right so, poor, misunderstood, abandoned-by-society children - a society that drove them to torturing a small boy to death. Is that better?
    bactracking

bactracking

I think she was being ironic.

shes not capable of defending herself as I obvious by what she says and how she says it

That is 100 % your interpretation of her posts, a great many people, including myself disagree with you.
    Any ten year old is capable of killing a two year old.

...can you back this up with anything other than your poorly puntuated swamp drivel? I don't know any 10-year olds that would be capable of taking a child out onto train tracks, throwing bricks at them, shoving batteries up their anus, and then leaving them on the tracks to be hit by a train, do you?
    david1two3 wrote:
    And what I accuse her of is in no way related to whether I know them or her. As for you telling me how I should write, I wont have that now or ever ,if they want rid of me I wont lose any sleep. I already know I dont want to know her

Actually by dint of the language you chose to use your post is very much a personal attack. No-one mentioned wanting rid of you, paranoid much?
    david1two3 wrote:
    My remarks about mod, polititchens, cops etc are based on very obvious facts

So obvious that you can't/won't cite them?
    david1two3 wrote:
    and you trying to undermine me on that wont work now or ever.

Well if I based my arguments on my own personal fantastical view of the world then it would probably be impossible for people to undermine me too.
    david1two3 wrote:
    Its always easy to see when your on the money as peeps come in with all sorts of valueless crepe to try and side swipe your position. Your logic defier needs adjusting or possibly switching off. As for sources ,they are irelevent as rubbishs source is a valueless as the rubbish itself. In reality your argument is a clueless as hers but I think that is more likely to propel you than quell you. Saying it like it is is obviously to much for you but if thats what rots your boat,fine thers loads more available for opinions like yours and hers. Your second last paragraph is the funniest ,standing up for those who stand idly by while lining their pockets blatantly and publicy castigating all around them for their .............yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not sure what your point is here, to be fair it might not be because you don't have one, it might be because of your poor spelling, your lousy english, the fact that you seem to have something against full stops, or the fact that you (apparently) dozed off partway through a paragraph explaining how you wouldn't bother defending your points....

Which I guess would indicate that you neither there wherewithal nor the bottle to back up anything you say.

Dinter wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing!
    Moving on from that I wouldn't see how an event like that couldn't be detrimental to a child's psyche and by taking into account the facts of the case I don't believe they were all there to start with.

To sum up I wouldn't trust that they're rehabilitated. Also before the liberals start crying, remember society doesn't trust them either. That's why murderers are only released on licence.

That's why the law courts* decide and not soceity. If society decided, there'd be bodies hanging from every tree in the country.

*yes, yes, yes, I know, a jury is part of society, but it's the judge who decides sentencing and release conditions if any.

As far as I can make out Dudess is talking about the children at the time of the offense and thus asking us to extrapolate from that on whether a child who'd commit such an unspeakable act could be rehabilitated from it. Therefore she is correct in her description of them at the time of the event.There is no reason for you to get up on your high horse and condemn her for it. They did murder a child.

"unspeakable act" that yee cant stop writing/talking about. The idea that you think liberals have to cry is the sort of statement that stereotypes you in an hilarious but not funny fashion

Ah he doesn't need to.

He just knows. He's got a gut feeling.

"unspeakable act" that yee cant stop writing/talking about. The idea that you think liberals have to cry is the sort of statement that stereotypes you in an hilarious but not funny fashion

Man, you've the sort of typing, grammar and spelling skills that I'd expect to see from a person who spent his formative years in a prison or some sort of Juvenile home where school was definitely not on the agenda because it might interfere with the constant barrage of psych tests.

Oh. Wait a minute. . .

That's why the law courts* decide and not soceity. If society decided, there'd be bodies hanging from every tree in the country.

Guarantee there'd be less crime. . .

• Advertisement

That is 100 % your interpretation of her posts, a great many people, including myself disagree with you.

...can you back this up with anything other than your poorly puntuated swamp drivel? I don't know any 10-year olds that would be capable of taking a child out onto train tracks, throwing bricks at them, shoving batteries up their anus, and then leaving them on the tracks to be hit by a train, do you?

Actually by dint of the language you chose to use your post is very much a personal attack. No-one mentioned wanting rid of you, paranoid much?

So obvious that you can't/won't cite them?

Well if I based my arguments on my own personal fantastical view of the world then it would probably be impossible for people to undermine me too.

I'm not sure what your point is here, to be fair it might not be because you don't have one, it might be because of your poor spelling, your lousy english, the fact that you seem to have something against full stops, or the fact that you (apparently) dozed off partway through a paragraph explaining how you wouldn't bother defending your points....

Which I guess would indicate that you neither there wherewithal nor the bottle to back up anything you say.

How you get rid of people is by attacking as you do ,as your name implies but it doesnt and wont work here no matter how you approach /attack it

A great may people ,including me ,hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaah

You ,of course have a lot of bottle, its a pity its empty.

A rageaholic like yourself is funny for a while and then it becomes tehedious, my english is brilliant, so much so that it has you changing toupes by the minute, I cite life as my source horse, if you get one you can too. Im begining to enjoy this as it is more obvious than at first I thought that you cant bear something about this or that or whatever, but I has hard a guess it will remain a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

what they did was horrible, unspeakable. But they were 10 years old, and will rightly have to live with that for the rest of their lives. They deserve the chance to prove they have changed.

Badgero,Every child you know is capable of doing this deed and stating otherwise seems to be the true source of your rage.

Can I be Byronic aswell

Guarantee there'd be less crime. . .

...so would Hitler

You ,of course have a lot of bottle, its apity its empty.

A rageaholic like yourself is funny for a while and then it becomes tehedious, my english is brilliant, so much so that it has you changing toupes by the minute, I cite life as my source horse, if you get one you can too. Im begining to enjoy this as it is more obvious than at first I thought that you cant bear something about this or that or whatever, but I has hard a guess it will remain a mystery.

This is a full stop for use when you end a sentence = .

This is a comma, it is like a pause so your readers can take a breath = ,

This is an apostrophe. it takes the place of the letter you remove = '

Use a capital or big letter to begin a sentence i.e A or B or C etc.

It's considered uninformed to cite "life" as a source, except when bragging about experiences in prison.

Man, you've the sort of typing, grammar and spelling skills that I'd expect to see from a person who spent his formative years in a prison or some sort of Juvenile home where school was definitely not on the agenda because it might interfere with the constant barrage of psych tests.

Oh. Wait a minute. . .

Im waiting, it may be some time if ever before I read anything from you that is A, funny, B, relevent, C, designed to harm but being so ridiculous and irelevent as to be like my hamster, dead.

Im waiting, it may be some time if ever before I read anything from you that is A, funny, B, relevent, C, designed to harm but being so ridiculous and irelevent as to be like my hamster, dead.

Now I know I've just introduced you to the wonders of the comma but you've gone a bit mad with them there. You don't need to place them after every word. Try that again and I'll correct it for you.

In the next lesson we'll try some work on your spelling perhaps?

david1two3 wrote:
    A rageaholic like yourself

Once again what're you basing the assertion that I'm a "rageholic" on?
    david1two wrote:
    tehedious

It's t e d i o u s, no "h" and just one "e" :D
    david1two wrote:
    my english is brilliant

david1two wrote:
    I cite life as my source horse

"life" is not a reputable source "horse". Which brings us back to the point that you have nothing upon which to base anything. Just a poor grasp of english and no grasp of punctuation.
    david1two wrote:
    but I has hard a guess it will remain a mystery.

You "has hard"? WTf is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

And many evil children grow up to derail discussion threads so that they descend into grammar lessons and hysterics.

Nobody knows why those boys did what they did. Maybe they were sociopaths, maybe they did possess this 'evil gene' Dudess is talking about. But without knowing why they did what they did, we can't know if they could really be rehabilitated.

• Advertisement

This is a full stop for use when you end a sentence = .

This is a comma, it is like a pause so your readers can take a breath = ,

This is an apostrophe. it takes the place of the letter you remove = '

Use a capital or big letter to begin a sentence i.e A or B or C etc.

It's considered uninformed to cite "life" as a source, except when bragging about experiences in prison.

you are worse than the other two ,extremely predictable but also very boring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Advertisement