Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah, the folly of youth

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

So I'm driving along the Stillorgan dual carriageway on Sunday, about 1pm. The traffic was stopped at the intersection at RTE, and I'm a couple of cars back, behind a black Nissan Micra with an L plate on it. The lights turn green, and the cars take off. The Micra stalls and cuts out. I'm sitting there patiently, waiting for the driver of the Micra to get the car started and take off. But the lights turn amber, then red. Ah well, I think, happens to us all.

Then, the driver of the Micra, this young wan, no more than nineteen (I'm by no means old, I'm 26), turns around and flips me the bird, and her mate, turns and laughs. Had I done something to warrant this? Not at all. I never cursed nor beeped nor showed any sign of that which can be construed as road rage. So I'm like :eek:

The lights turn green and we all take off. I decide to switch to the outside lane, indicate, move over, and accelerate. Just as I approach the rear of the Micra, the little princess decides she wants to switch lane and swings out with no sign of indication or anything like that. I hit the breaks and lean on the horn. Now, obviously I distracted the girl from adjusting her face in the mirror or something like that, and she swings back into her original lane, loses control of the car and almost causes an accident, leading to two other cars giving her a blast of the horn. As I passed the car, had a glance in at the girls and they were raging. I couldn't help but smile. Fate, it seemed, was in a generous mood that day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BillyoftheBeast

Petey2006 wrote: »
    So I'm driving along the Stillorgan dual carriageway on Sunday, about 1pm. The traffic was stopped at the intersection at RTE, and I'm a couple of cars back, behind a black Nissan Micra with an L plate on it. The lights turn green, and the cars take off. The Micra stalls and cuts out. I'm sitting there patiently, waiting for the driver of the Micra to get the car started and take off. But the lights turn amber, then red. Ah well, I think, happens to us all.

Then, the driver of the Micra, this young wan, no more than nineteen (I'm by no means old, I'm 26), turns around and flips me the bird, and her mate, turns and laughs. Had I done something to warrant this? Not at all. I never cursed nor beeped nor showed any sign of that which can be construed as road rage. So I'm like :eek:

The lights turn green and we all take off. I decide to switch to the outside lane, indicate, move over, and accelerate. Just as I approach the rear of the Micra, the little princess decides she wants to switch lane and swings out with no sign of indication or anything like that. I hit the breaks and lean on the horn. Now, obviously I distracted the girl from adjusting her face in the mirror or something like that, and she swings back into her original lane, loses control of the car and almost causes an accident, leading to two other cars giving her a blast of the horn. As I passed the car, had a glance in at the girls and they were raging. I couldn't help but smile. Fate, it seemed, was in a generous mood that day.
    What a **** mundane story. Keep it to yourself the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,675 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I found it quite interesting and enjoyed the suspense:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good enough to quote though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BillyoftheBeast: careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I thought it was a fun little story. Better than your boards.ie existence so far Billy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

if yer gonna put someones post down for being mundane why not avoid being mundane

and op i feel sorry for the other vehicals involved

Dudess wrote: »
    BillyoftheBeast: careful now.
    Hey your Dudess, attacked the post not the poster, can't fault me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LOL, I didn't think you were being serious and laughed!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

attacked the post not the poster
    You also contributed nothing of value and you were obviously just looking for a reaction/spat - i.e. flaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

So mundane you felt the need to repost it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well it did go against several points in the Charter. Oh, and arguing with a mod is also one of those points. But you're young, you'll learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Going with the general flow in the thread so far........ I quite liked his little story.

Petey2006 wrote: »
    So mundane you felt the need to repost it?!
    Somebody got there before you Petey. Keep up.
    humanji wrote: »
    Well it did go against several points in the Charter. Oh, and arguing with a mod is also one of those points. But you're young, you'll learn.
    Thats personal abuse Humanji, you're out of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Somebody got there before you Petey. Keep up.

I went for a dump. When I came back, yours was the first post I saw. I apologize for nothing.

Jeeze lads don't be getting your collective knickers in a twist.

The story was good, it was funny & light hearted and I'm sure Billy's comments were tongue in cheek and taken out of context...

(At least I'm sure they were or I've egg on my face)

Knickers in a twist indeed. The story was crap and I said so. Lets move on from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

So what happened next?

Thats personal abuse Humanji, you're out of line.

Do you actually know what personal abuse is? :confused:

Anyway, kudos to the OP. Karma related stories always make me smile.

Come on I need more detail. Don't keep me hanging like this.

Dinter wrote: »
    It turns out the cops new Internal Affairs were onto them from the start.

• Advertisement

Knickers in a twist indeed. The story was crap and I said so. Lets move on from this

Ok, egg on my face..

If you thought the story was crap you should have kept your comments to yourself. The OP wasn't asking for opinion's on his story.

OP, nice story. I was imagining the scene and laughing about it.

Don't worry, he's just about to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

The cripple is Keyzer Soze.

If you thought the story was crap you should have kept your comments to yourself.
    Where does it say only positive appraisals of stories allowed? Some people said they like it, I didn't. Its my right, freedom of speech and all that.

'.....................................................'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I enjoyed it. I would have preferred if the girl crashed and burned horribly but then you can't have everything I suppose.

Where does it say only positive appraisals of stories allowed? Some people said they like it, I didn't. Its my right, freedom of speech and all that.

I'm getting an image of Dudess's banning finger hoovering around her Mod's CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

lol... freedom of speech...

New people always say that sooner or later.

(apologies for double post)

I see Terry is hoovering too....

Que the theme from Rocky, 'cause someones gonna getting an ass whooping I think.

So the cops knew that the driver was undercover the whole time?

*I'm sorry, when I'm bored I make up my own stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

So the cops knew that the driver was undercover the whole time?

*I'm sorry, when I'm bored I make up my own stories.

we'll if they did they sure fooled me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement