Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare - Leixlip School Evacuated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

boopolo wrote: »
    No
    Because of the answer to first question

when i was working in a shopping centre there were a few bomb scares. A bloke in a luminous jacket would come in and hand you a yellow card. It said something along the lines of "search your premises. If you find anything suspicious contact security on 01xxxxx". Apparently if the card was red you should search extra hard because the threat was likely true but i never saw one of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

**** my friend just told me this a few minutes ago (he goes to school there) Mad stuff really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Pat Mustard must be doing the rounds again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

It was me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

wait, you can get out of school by ringing to say you have a bomb?

this means I can avoid my Maths test tomorrow
    thank you AH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I forsee a large increase in the number of bomb threats to schools after this thread.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Pfft, a year too late for me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Killerlep

guys I was there it was nothing it was just a quick announcement on the intercom for us to evacuate to the courts with our bags and stuff and then we stood around freezing our asses off for a while there gardaí were there in flack jackets and we were finaly told to go home and stay away from the building and to not hang around outside the gates none of the teachers told us it was a bomb but we knew it was and we all went home there was no panic at all and nobody was scared at all as far as know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

just normal stab vests, or was there anything particular about their clothing?

unless they where planning on using your school as a staging ground from which to launch an airbourne raid on normandy, I doubt they were flak jackets :P

yeah well then it was a stab vest i didnt get a proper look but he deffinately wasnt kitted out with bomb desposal gear and obviously he wouldnt since the army does that but when i was there, i saw only one squad car and like 3 or 4 gardaí oh and just to let everyone know YES IT WAS A HOAX AND THE SCHOOL WILL MOST LIKELY BE OPEN TOMORROW
    how do i know this? u might ask well my dad went up there to see if his night classes were going to be on and the place was fine and the janitor was inside and told my dad the night classes were going to be on and that the whole thing was a hoax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

There was a flood in my old school a few years ago, two days off.

Best days ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Killerlep wrote: »
    guys I was there it was nothing it was just a quick announcement on the intercom for us to evacuate to the courts with our bags and stuff and then we stood around freezing our asses off for a while there gardaí were there in flack jackets and we were finaly told to go home and stay away from the building and to not hang around outside the gates none of the teachers told us it was a bomb but we knew it was and we all went home there was no panic at all and nobody was scared at all as far as know
    Yeah, not alone was her cellphone 'trapped' in her locker, but her coat also. Ten mins after she got home the heavens opened.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nezzo

yeah, i was there too, and they were stab vests, and only one garda car, and the principal seemed pretty freaked out. all in all, it was quite funny.....

oh and it was during the second last class, so i dont think it was a student wanting a half day particularly, just messin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Meh.
    Tried it in Confey College back in 1990.
    We even put a bit of platicine with some wires and an alarm clock on top of one of the prefabs, but they didn't even evacuate the place.

I didn't go in that day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

...how serious are you? ha, i never heard about that.

though twas fun when they were building the extension and the site (and school) flooded. few days off then, and again wehn they got a new fire alarm system, and couldnt figure out how to turn it off... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hack

It was most definitely a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

narco wrote: »
    ...how serious are you? ha, i never heard about that.
    Only a few people knew about it.
    Like I said, they didn't even evacuate the place.
    A couple of cops got onto the prefab, looked at the improvised device and laughed. Well, I'm just guessing that they laughed. I probably would have.
    though twas fun when they were building the extension and the site (and school) flooded. few days off then, and again wehn they got a new fire alarm system, and couldnt figure out how to turn it off... :D

That was well after my time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

indeed, i was 2 years old, and my lil bro was just born in 1990... ive moved in with teh b/f in nz now, and the lil bro's in college....

though there's a good chance you were in confey with my auntie.

either ways,..... hands up who thinks it should be a real bomb in choláiste next time? :P

*tentatively raises hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Terry wrote: »
    Only a few people knew about it.
    Like I said, they didn't even evacuate the place.
    A couple of cops got onto the prefab, looked at the improvised device and laughed. Well, I'm just guessing that they laughed. I probably would have.

This is what comes of watching to many 80's shows like McGyver and The A-Team, people end up believing all you need to create a bomb is half a pound of semtex, an alarm clock and 2 wires (a red and a blue of course) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Word
    Or is it 50 cent calling from Da Ghetto:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Jackz wrote: »

What an appaling waste of bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    What an appaling waste of bandwidth.
    This thread is an appaling waste of bandwidth.

A bomb in Leixlip would only go to imrpove the standard of living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Winters wrote: »
    A bomb in Leixlip would only go to imrpove the standard of living there.

Now I'm curious. Where do you live Winters?

yeah, they caught the perp today. the garda traced the call:D

hey nezzo did u find out who it actualy was?

ill pm you, i dont want to give out the name, as its all hearsay, but we know they caught him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

This sort of thing went on all the time in my day... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Ha!
    Deffo was a guy askin for day off i bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

also anyway the amount of chavs in Leixlip is growing by the day so i'm not suprised!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

We dont have "chavs" in Leixlip, or anywhere in Ireland for that matter. I believe they like to be called knackers or skangers. But definitely not chavs, jeesh.
    though twas fun when they were building the extension and the site (and school) flooded. few days off then, and again wehn they got a new fire alarm system, and couldnt figure out how to turn it off...
    I think I remember that.. around what year was it?

Advertisement