Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare - Leixlip School Evacuated

Options
  • 23-01-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

About 50 mins ago Colaiste Ciarian Shool in Leixlip was evacuated. All pupils were asked to leave the school just after 3pm. There are up to ten squad cars at the scene. No pupils were allowed back in to their lockers.

There are unonfirmed reports of a bomb scare in the Leixlip post-primary school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Should of targeted Confey College instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Wtf? wonder if it was a hoax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't bomb scares happen all the time.....? Why's this significant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Was just talking to my sister who goes there (my old school aswel).

Apparently some guy rang up (the school I think) saying he had a detonator and there was a bomb in the school. Fairly quickly there were about 10 squad cars up there to get everyone out. This was about half 2 they wouldnt let any kids back in, and sent them home. Think they'll be out tomorrow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Unearthly wrote: »
    Should of targeted Confey College instead
    Word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

bronte wrote: »
    Wtf? wonder if it was a hoax?
    I hope so. My daughter could not phone me 'cause her cellphone was "trapped" in her locker.

Must add; it was both staff and pupils who were evacuated.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

It was probably some kid who wanted a half day :D

Apparently selesions collage had the same call a few months ago.

DaveMcG wrote: »

Cause its a ****ing school, not even a collage, in a nice small comuter town.

Word

Biggie is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

should of been confey...... ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Wish that happend when i was in school day off :D

Varkov wrote: »
    Was just talking to my sister who goes there (my old school aswel).

Apparently some guy rang up (the school I think) saying he had a detonator and there was a bomb in the school. Fairly quickly there were about 10 squad cars up there to get everyone out. This was about half 2 they wouldnt let any kids back in, and sent them home. Think they'll be out tomorrow too.

Yes Varkov,
    My dauhter said it all happened very quickly but in a very orderly fashion. Her story was similar to your sister, but the details are all hearsay

Boo

Don't bomb scares happen all the time.....?
    No
    Why's this significant?
    Because of the answer to first question

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd be of this opinion also :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Apparently selesions collage had the same call a few months ago.

Salesian College Celbridge? That was more like eight years ago, they caught him on CCTV because he used a payphone on Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

boopolo wrote: »
    About 50 mins ago Colaiste Ciarian Shool in Leixlip was evacuated. All pupils were asked to leave the school just after 3pm. There are up to ten squad cars at the scene. No pupils were allowed back in to their lockers.

There are unonfirmed reports of a bomb scare in the Leixlip post-primary school.

So what?:confused: There were 2 bomb scares in the space of 3 days whe i was in school, whole school evacuated for the day etc. no big deal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nice? bwahahahahahahaha

*tries to climb off floor laughing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Does someone want to do that for my work? I'd love a day off tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ive been in schools with bomb scares before. A kid basically phones in anonymously and the police have little choice but to take it seriously.

One of the last schools I went to in the USA had a series of bomb scares over a couple weeks. I learned to charge the batteries on my gameboy: they had us sit out in the field while the school was searched every time (taking a couple hours). Never found a perp.

fullstop wrote: »
    So what?:confused: There were 2 bomb scares in the space of 3 days whe i was in school, whole school evacuated for the day etc. no big deal
    If its 'so what', why did you bother your arse replying.
    If its of no interest to you. Go somewhere else and start a flame. The 'signifinance' or importance of any thread or post is up to the indvidual reading it.
    I accept you do not find it of interest. But its beyond me why you want to tell others your opinion.

If you find 'stamp collecting' interesting go post there in that section. I would find it boring, but would not post to that thead.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Meh there was a bomb scare in my school a few years ago its not a big deal.

Good God

Who said it was a big deal. 99% of threads here are no big deal. Its just chat. It is not headline news.

Its just news that may be of interest to some people. Mainly those whom it concerns.

Boo

If its 'so what', why did you bother your arse replying.
    If its of no interest to you. Go somewhere else and start a flame. The 'signifinance' or importance of any thread or post is up to the indvidual reading it.
    I accept you do not find it of interest. But its beyond me why you want to tell others your opinion.

If you find 'stamp collecting' interesting go post there in that section. I would find it boring, but would not post to that thead.

Boo
    I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else. I'm not the only one to express this opinion so why di you single me out eh boo? take it to the bomb scare forum;)

Good God

Who said it was a big deal. 99% of threads here are no big deal. Its just chat. It is not headline news.

Its just news that may be of interest to some people. Mainly those whom it concerns.

Boo

What, like the people in this forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=936

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Was probably some student who wanted to take a few classes off...

Or was the keyword thing used?

I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else. I'm not the only one to express this opinion so why di you single me out eh boo? take it to the bomb scare forum;)
    But saying 'so what' is not an opinion. Unless I started the thread: 'Here, I have some amazing news, that will be of interest to everyone.'

I accept that you and others think it's 'so what', and beleive you feel same. There are thousands of threads here that would be of no interest to me. I would think to myself 'so what'. I do not go and post on these thousands of threads, for that very reason; 'so what'. It's of no interest to me.

Boo

What, like the people in this forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=936
    I thought of putting it either there or here, and decided here was more in keeping with these forums. Could be wrong though but I think maybe either here or there. Am sure if the mods thought it was in the wrong place they would have moved it.

Boo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Was probably some student who wanted to take a few classes off...

Or was the keyword thing used?

Always wondered how that keyword thing worked. Was there a list of ridiculous keywords supplied to the guards. Did they just ring up and say there is a bomb and then say Utterly Butterly or what.

Advertisement