Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BGRH Beers - Today, Friday 15th Feb (update with RULES for teh n00bs)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Where are the pictures? It sounds like a great night was had by all, hopefully I'll make the next one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Wild horses couldn't drag me into a pub with you lot.
    DesF wrote: »
    :D:D

Bit of an aul ledge yourself on the dancefloor!!

Grand, no hangover at all :) You?

\o\
    |o|
    /o/
    \o/

:D:D

why thank you :D hadnt been dancing in a while so I gave it socks ;)

no hangover, just tired, got up waaaay too early :eek: off on a hawt cinema date now, it's a hard life! :rolleyes:

SheRa wrote: »
    Cathooo, a pleasure as always darling;););).

Pleasure was all mine :D enjoy your night tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cathooo wrote: »
    off on a hawt cinema date now, it's a hard life! :rolleyes:
    Nice. Lucky fella :)

Nice. Lucky fella :)

lucky girl, but she's still hot! having a real hot date would be far too much excitement for one weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Evening all! Had a great time last night..... can't believe so many people turned up! Was v hungover this morning but got up and showed the kiwis around town. Got home at 3am so think that means it was a good night and I showed I can last the pace!

I learned a few things:

Tom Dunne has the dance moves (I only remembered the don't you wish your moderator was hot like me thing after I read cathooo talking about it!)

Blitzkrieg likes hugs.

Trout thinks my avatar is erotic and is a fellow meerkat lover.

Tragedy will soon be bloodfart.

Snyper is super tall.

The brothers have a fondness for pvc costumes.

Windsock looks hot with a moustache.

I'm sure there's more but I'm still slightly hungover!

Getting tandom kiwis to arrive to a boards beers after we'd been drinking for 4 hours may not have been the best idea. I think they were scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

Awww

Glad to see my fellow ladies loungers were very warmly accepted last night - i can see the lads were more than impressed. Sorry I couldn't make it but i've been a very sick kitten all week - that damn flu that's been going around has finally caught up with me :(, but i did tell the lovely Cathyoo to pass on my regards!!!

Touch wood, i will make the next one though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I decided I needed a lie down for an hour earlier. That was about 4.30 and I've just woken up now. At least the hangover's gone. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

A fry and some chocolate did me the world of good, I went to my wallet this morning and was really suprised at how much cash I didn't spend...it wasn't until an hour ago I remembered I cashed my winning lotto ticket in on the way to the beers last night, so I actually spent way way much more then I thought!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just freeing up some space on my hard drive at the moment.

Should have photos up in the next hour or two.

Anyone who doesn't want their pic up drop me a PM and I'll snip you out.

• Advertisement

Just freeing up some space on my hard drive at the moment.

Should have photos up in the next hour or two.

Anyone who doesn't want their pic up drop me a PM and I'll snip you out.

I was going to post the same question! I've a few photos, they're not great quality (drunken watna is not a good photographer) and are very harmless (mostly the brothers in their t-shirts). Is this ok with people? I know one or two people don't want their pics up so I won't post those.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

watna wrote: »
    I was going to post the same question! I've a few photos, they're not great quality (drunken watna is not a good photographer) and are very harmless (mostly the brothers in their t-shirts). Is this ok with people? I know one or two people don't want their pics up so I won't post those.

On the whole photo thing - Boards.ie limits the size of pictures, so it may be better to put them on a site such as Flickr. You can use mine if you want.

But if you want to upload them to Boards.ie feel free. :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    On the whole photo thing - Boards.ie limits the size of pictures, so it may be better to put them on a site such as Flickr. You can use mine if you want.

But if you want to upload them to Boards.ie feel free. :)

Fair enough, oh wise Brother Dunne. Using your flckr would be great. I'd rather not link to my picasa account!

I'm in the process of sending you the photos so would it be easiest for you to upload them? (i.e. I'm scared of flickr!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Fair enough, oh wise Brother Dunne. Using your flckr would be great. I'd rather not link to my picasa account!

I'm in the process of sending you the photos so would it be easiest for you to upload them? (i.e. I'm scared of flickr!)

Receiving transmission. Stand by......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*hiccup*

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Receiving transmission. Stand by......

Right, that's sent. There really isn't very many though. I remember taking more but maybe I just thought about it and didn't take them! I'm looking forward to monkeyfudge's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Windsock looks hot with a moustache.

Aww thanks. I think i'll grow my own :)

Getting tandom kiwis to arrive to a boards beers after we'd been drinking for 4 hours may not have been the best idea. I think they were scared!

Perhaps it was my welcoming haka that did it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There are 121 photos on my camera... ha... uploading them now.

Oh and for image hosting might I suggest http://wthax.org/

Oh and I must say... Watna is very photogenic.

WindSock wrote: »
    Perhaps it was my welcoming haka that did it :eek:

I missed that, but we'll be expecting a repeat performance at the next beers.

There are 121 photos on my camera... ha... uploading them now.

Oh and for image hosting might I suggest http://wthax.org/

Oh and I must say... Watna is very photogenic.

Aww bless, you know my opinons on that! Did someone pay you to say that? Looking forward to seeing some photos. I only ended up having about 8 I think. Not great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Hiyas, how did the night go? Did I miss much?

moco wrote: »
    Hiyas, how did the night go? Did I miss much?

Unfortunately you did. There was a huge turnout, no idea how many exactly, 30 or so maybe. Loads of new faces, some Boards regulars that rarely, if ever, post on BGRH, and some newbies that have been here recently. Some of the wimmins from the LL came along too. There was a great tower of condensed milk adorning one of the tables, although I'm not convinced all of the n00bs brough some with them. Lucy organised t-shirts for the more long-standing Brothers, and lovely we looked in them too. Well maybe lovely is a slight exaggeration. Loads of beer was had, the cheap Czech beer probably had a small part to play in that, and Brother Des revealed himself to be an ABBA fan on the dancefloor. The pics should be, um, interesting...

You'll definitely have to come to the next one.

Zaph wrote: »
    Unfortunately you did. There was a huge turnout, no idea how many exactly, 30 or so maybe. Loads of new faces, some Boards regulars that rarely, if ever, post on BGRH, and some newbies that have been here recently. Some of the wimmins from the LL came along too. There was a great tower of condensed milk adorning one of the tables, although I'm not convinced all of the n00bs brough some with them. Lucy organised t-shirts for the more long-standing Brothers, and lovely we looked in them too. Well maybe lovely is a slight exaggeration. Loads of beer was had, the cheap Czech beer probably had a small part to play in that, and Brother Des revealed himself to be an ABBA fan on the dancefloor. The pics should be, um, interesting...

You'll definitely have to come to the next one.

No way! Are you joking? Ripping! I didn't come to go up home cos my mum wanted me to go shopping with her and we didn't even go!

Just downing a bottle of wine at the min, heading out soon though.

That's a real bummer. Do you want the Strike Force to drop around and have a few words with your mother? :D

At least you'll be able to enjoy yourself properly tonight, I think a lot of people are in a heap today.

Zaph wrote: »
    That's a real bummer. Do you want the Strike Force to drop around and have a few words with your mother? :D

At least you'll be able to enjoy yourself properly tonight, I think a lot of people are in a heap today.

Lol, yea come round and tell her off.:)

I'm not actually in the humour to go out but my friends will beat me if I don't. I got a bottle of wine which I managed to break 2 corkscrews trying to open, then had to get my dad to do some DIY on it so I really should go out after all that effort.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Looking forward to seeing the photos, sorry I could not be there was on post break up watch with a friend.

Yeah, it would be a shame not to go out after going to all that trouble. Screw-top bottles of wine for you in future I think.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the photos, sorry I could not be there was on post break up watch with a friend.

Once a PI mod...

Shame you couldn't make it, it was great craic, but sure there's bound to be another one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I got three Cans Pics, so a great night's work for me. That's five pictures of different wimmins cans I have now, seven more and we'll have the calender :D

• Advertisement

I got three Cans Pics, so a great night's work for me. That's five pictures of different wimmins cans I have now, seven more and we'll have the calender :D

You have my e-mail address ;)

Advertisement