Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards clay day

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Humbug. Won't have my own until the end of the summer or start of autumn. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black velvit

clivej wrote: »
    Just back from Midlands now. First time there great place and good people to talk too.
    Anyway I was told that only .22 rifles can be hired not shotguns. Hope this helps.

Alright lads
    This is bitemybanger on a friends account(i got a week ban with no warning):mad:
    Anyway, if your gonna come along and rent a .22 and see how you like it im sure you will get a few shots off at clays once we get to know eachother on the day. I own a Semi-auto and would like to get to shoot o/u and if someone there wants to shoot a semi-auto, bobs your uncle,
    it would be great to try something you wouldnt have a chance to unless you went ahead and bought it like the way id love a 30-06 or a 308 but cant try until you buy. just a tought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Or a shotgun.
    Any updates Bunny??

Sorry lads didn't make it today, she who must be obeyed objected :o

I'm up to my eyes at work. Anyone got "Irish Shooters Digest". Ring Tackle Shop, Rahan, for info. ?

Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Can shotguns be rented then?

Ive never been charged any money when shooting clays at midlands
    for renting a shotgun. (and before I got my rimfire rifle they often
    did not charge me to rent the club guns which was sound of them)

When I tried Clays before there
    things were a little less formal than the rifle range and whoever was running the clays let me use one of their guns for free so I only paid for clays and ammo.
    Generally very helpful blokes up there. Traps are wound very tight the
    clays come out at light speed! The 2-3 times I tried the guys kinda liked
    down the line which I dont like but it was fun to try.

Hopefully in another few weeks I'll have my own shotgun so can do both
    rimfire target shooting and clays.

~B

So one does not have to bring one's own shotgun then? Fantastic. Would be up for this so methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

So, is this still on for 24 Feb? Shame if it is as I've to go to London the same day. Would have really loved to 'try' bust some clays. Ah well, maybe next time. We'll have to make this a regular event like Boards Beers if it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If my shotgun license comes through before the 24th I'll try make it.
    (waiting since Jan 8th)
    ~B

bigred wrote: »
    So, is this still on for 24 Feb? Shame if it is as I've to go to London the same day. Would have really loved to 'try' bust some clays. Ah well, maybe next time. We'll have to make this a regular event like Boards Beers if it works out.

Yea its still on, im heading down and a few others have said they will be there too but not sure on how many will show up on the day.
    Pitty you have to head off that day but if it works out and a good number show we will try and make it a monthly or bi-monthly event.
    So Sunday 24th of Febuary, Midlands shooting ground---be there:cool:
    Black velvit AKA bitemybanger

Sorry lads, I have another engagement I can't get out of that day. If theres another I'll do me best :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Provisional yes. At what time ?

• Advertisement

Anyone disagree with 1100? more time to shoot the better, not much light this time of year.
    And bunny shooter, could you pass me on a phone number for midlands as i cant find it online, just the old one, cheers.

Anyone disagree with 1100? more time to shoot the better, not much light this time of year.
    And bunny shooter, could you pass me on a phone number for midlands as i cant find it online, just the old one, cheers.

Haven't got it handy. Tackle Shop, Rahan, Co. Offaly, will get 'em. Ad in Shooters Digest ?

Haven't got it handy. Tackle Shop, Rahan, Co. Offaly, will get 'em. Ad in Shooters Digest ?

Jays that was quick,
    Ill giv em a buzz tommorow.
    Sorry to hear you wont be joining us, So the missus wears the trousers:D

Jays that was quick,
    Ill giv em a buzz tommorow.
    Sorry to hear you wont be joining us, So the missus wears the trousers:D

Next time ! and the underpants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Just to keep this fresh in your minds.
    Just off the phone to Jim form midlands, nice guy.
    I will be starting a new thread on sat to confirm date/time number of shooters and format so if anyone has any ideas on format it would be great,
    Any other questions??

Jim form midlands, nice guy.

+1

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just to keep this fresh in your minds.
    Just off the phone to Jim form midlands, nice guy.
    I will be starting a new thread on sat to confirm date/time number of shooters and format so if anyone has any ideas on format it would be great,
    Any other questions??
    put a thread in the main shooting forum linking to your new thread too. Just to heighten the profile of the event.

DeV.

Shooting a match that day, so won't make it unfortunately, but if it's successful and there's another one in future, count me in.

Advertisement