Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards clay day

Options
  • 18-01-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

i know some of you live a fair bit away but i was wondering if any of you guys would like to meet up at a good clay facility and get a lil Boards competition going? put faces to the names. if we get a good enough response we can put a date and venue up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

Sounds like a good day out,Where about would we have it, west clare to dublin is a bit too far.But we will worry about that when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Was thinking Courtlough because its easy to get to as its only 5 mins from the M1 but then i was thinking of the target and pistol boys,
    They have a 75 meter range for 22 and air rifles and but dont accomadate for pistols, Hilltop in Wicklow accomadate for all disiplines.
    See whos interested before we pick a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Lakelands ? At least the boys from the west won't have to travel fully coast to coast

Another good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Count me in but would need to apply for planning permission, :o

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Midlands? (Do they do clays?)

It's in the middle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Midlands do have a clay range, fullbore rifle, .22 rifle (rental available too on .22's for those who don't have one) pistol range. Central to whole country. I'd be up for this. Few weeks notice and I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is my single barrel shotgun welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Given a few weeks' notice, I'd be up for it alright.

Bond-007 wrote: »

As far as I'm concerned it would

• Advertisement

I will deffo be there so.

The reason I asked was that most people use DB shotguns for clays.

Hmm, as I won't own a shotgun until late summer, do Midlands have guns to rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

I will deffo be there so.

The reason I asked was that most people use DB shotguns for clays.

Wouldnt a meet such as this be an opportunity for shooters to try the other disciplines - i.e. send the clay-busters to the .22 range, send the pistoleros to do some shotgun, etc. We all have stuff we do every week and a lot of us dont get the opportunity to try different disciplines. I know there's training and safety implications, but at least if we took some sort of a common sense approach it might just work out.

Hmm, as I won't own a shotgun until late summer, do Midlands have guns to rent?

they rent 22's not sure about shotguns

Hmm, well I should be able to bring a .22, but would be a while before I could bring a shotgun down. Perhaps if this happens later on in the year. As is, I can bring a rifle.

Shall we put a date on it? maybee a month or two down the line to give plenty of notice? Does anyone know this venue or members of it? if so they might be able to get a good deal for ammo and clays.
    This could be good lads, good response so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Single shot down the line, saves on ammo and keeps you sharp....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Shall we put a date on it? maybee a month or two down the line to give plenty of notice? Does anyone know this venue or members of it? if so they might be able to get a good deal for ammo and clays.
    This could be good lads, good response so far

i would love to go .us lads from the west could car share .
    i am in mayo -near ballaghaderreen possible to meet in say castlebar
    outside garda station for safery and then go down to possible midland

tell me what do you think.people from the west good idea.
    yes or no:)

Will we organise it for exatly 1 month from today which would be sunday 24th of febuary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

you would do this after ive just sold my o/u wouldnt you, howeveri guess i could have a crack at the .22, id say im a maybe at the moment though

• Advertisement

Will we organise it for exatly 1 month from today which would be sunday 24th of febuary?
    Sounds like a plan. + support.

LOL, Big red made a comment about people trying different disiplines so you might still get to bust a few clays.

was just looking at the website, looks like a really good venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

was just looking at the website, looks like a really good venue.

That's a very old website from way back, the range looks nothing like that now as the falling plate and silhouette range are gone a few years now. There is a pistol range for members only and the centrefire range is members only also. They only allow club guns on the .22 range if you are not a member , not sure about the clay shooting. Hope this helps.

They haven't used deer or fox targets in years,either. Too many people unable to hit the kill zones on them, at least that's what I was told:-))

i will go 24feb
    1 what price for .22 shooting
    2 anybody from west of ire please pm me if you are going thank.

Gerri wrote: »
    That's a very old website from way back, the range looks nothing like that now as the falling plate and silhouette range are gone a few years now. There is a pistol range for members only and the centrefire range is members only also. They only allow club guns on the .22 range if you are not a member , not sure about the clay shooting. Hope this helps.

any body to check this info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Sounds like a plan.

I'll need a date and location before I ask her for the pass :)

B'Man

I am a member - I'll check it out. Can we put the date on hold until i get back to ye ? AFAIK pistol is members ONLY, no exceptions, but rest is open to public, you can rent club .22 LR's but have to have a licence for any other gun/s you are using AFAIK

As I said I'll check it out and get back to ye asap

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Bananaman wrote: »
    I'll need a date and location before I ask her for the pass :)

+1 (forms must be filled in triplicate and filed 28days before any event)

• Advertisement

bigred wrote: »
    +1 (forms must be filled in triplicate and filed 28days before any event)

would they post out the forms or let us fill them out on the day? if not we only have a few days to get this filled in.
    Cant find a number to ring them on,Have you got it Bunny?
    So its ok for non-members to use the centrefire range?
    We have to clear everything to save any dissapointment;)

Advertisement