Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards clay day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

would they post out the forms or let us fill them out on the day? if not we only have a few days to get this filled in.
    Cant find a number to ring them on,Have you got it Bunny?
    So its ok for non-members to use the centrefire range?
    We have to clear everything to save any dissapointment;)

I think you missed my subtle attempt at sarcasm there. I was referring to my Chief Financial Officer / She Who MUST be obeyed etc... Permission must be granted for any absence greater than 1hr.. :)
    Maybe a member can let us know what we need for the day to actually shoot at the range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

bigred wrote: »
    I think you missed my subtle attempt at sarcasm there. I was referring to my Chief Financial Officer / She Who MUST be obeyed etc... Permission must be granted for any absence greater than 1hr.. :)
    Maybe a member can let us know what we need for the day to actually shoot at the range

OOOooooo:D:D:o
    Same in my place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Same in my place
    me two;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Same in my place
    Mine has alreasdy requested a detailed intinery of the day. She has also requested finanical compensation before any application for a pass will be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I just close the door start the car and I'm gone. Plenty of grovelling to do after though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I'm going to apply for full permission once we are certain of the venue, are you allowed use 22 wmr on the range? or are you limited to subs of 22 lr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Are we still talking about a clay shoot?

Do they have a clay range?

B'Man

were talking clays and targets, ill be doing both as id say alot of us will
    Does anyone have a phone number for Midlands? the one on the old site must be disconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

As I said in previous post leave it to me until this Saturday. I'm going to go up and I will get all info required, patience please lads. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭clivej

I want to visit the Midlands club but I'm looking for directions to the range. Did a search on the forum but still can't find the map.
    I know that there is a good map/directions here on the forum somewhere so can you/someone show the link please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Not sure what direction you're coming from, but here's the route from Dublin/M50 - adapt as necessary;)

Directions to MNSCI, Tullamore, Co. Offaly from M50 in Dublin. Distance approx. 105Km

• Take the exit from the M50 motorway signposted Junction 7, Sligo (last junction before toll bridge coming from the south, first junction after the toll bridge coming from the north).
    • Follow the N4 until it joins the M4 and continue on the M4 for about 25Km (there is a €2.60 toll). Join the N6 (signposted Galway) and continue on this dual-carriageway which bypasses Miltownpass, Rochfordbridge and Tyrrellspass.
    • The dual carriageway ends south of Kilbeggan from where you join the N52 to Tullamore. Entering Tullamore, turn right for Birr (at a Centra Supermarket).
    • Continue following the signs for Birr (N52) until you leave Tullamore. After about 4Km, you come to Blueball. Turn right at the Blue Ball pub and continue on that road for approximately 4Km until you see a sign for uneven road surface, and there are trees on both sides of the road. Look for the Range on your right, the entrance is a narrow laneway on the right with trees on both sides and small signs at the entrance.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Map location here.

Edit: I've collected a bunch of range locations, if anyone has additions or corrections I'd love to hear about it.

Edit: I've collected a bunch of range locations, if anyone has additions or corrections I'd love to hear about it.

Best location of the clubs I have seen.
    I know there is a wiki but its not up to date with the locations. Lets face it not even some of the club websites have location maps on them.

Should make this a sticky..... IMO

clivej wrote: »
    I know there is a wiki but its not up to date with the locations.

Yes it is. I created that page of mine specifically for the boards.ie wiki. :)

Could anybody defenitly going to Midlands on the 24th put your name under here,
    Oh yeah Bunnyshooter, did ye get those details for us?

I was there but people I needed to speak to were all out of the country shooting. Will be there next Sunday ? if ye want to hold off ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I don't shoot but I would be interested in it (presuming we arent talking about shooting at live things here, actually, there are some *people* I wouldnt mind having a pop at. Is that against the rules or just frowned on?).

Would I need any license or documentation (apart from ID which I would presume is a must)?

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I don't shoot but I would be interested in it (presuming we arent talking about shooting at live things here, actually, there are some *people* I wouldnt mind having a pop at. Is that against the rules or just frowned on?).

Would I need any license or documentation (apart from ID which I would presume is a must)?

DeV.

You'd be welcome. Hope I'm not on you're "hit" list..........Not sure about ID, will check it out ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I play a mean game of Call Of Duty 4... is that enough experience? :)

Thanks bunny, I only have passport (dont drive) but I presume since its good enough for the state it should do.

DeV.

there are some *people* I wouldnt mind having a pop at. Is that against the rules or just frowned on?

Both. :)

The two times I've shot at the Midlands range I didn't need documentation or ID of any sort. I was there at NTSA organised events though so that may have changed the rules.

I've never had to show ID at any range. Usually you just have to sign in. No harm to bring some just in case though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

DeVore, why don't you come along if this goes ahead. Beware though if you have a couple of hunters in mind. We tend to be quite fast when it comes to target acquisition.:D

DeVore, why don't you come along if this goes ahead. Beware though if you have a couple of hunters in mind. We tend to be quite fast when it comes to target acquisition.:D
    Yeah? Well I'm from the northside.... how are you at putting out fires? :):p

Seriously though, Boards is great for allowing me to jump in on events like that from time to time, gives me loads of experience. I have an operation on the 12th on my knee so I just need to see how mobile I am (its all keyhole stuff but I dunno the recover time expectations just yet).

If I can make it, I'd like to go and see what this shooting lark is about...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Mmmmm, Birr is only 30 minutes away.
    I could be tempted...

E.

mayhem# wrote: »
    Mmmmm, Birr is only 30 minutes away.
    I could be tempted...

E.

Welcome but you may be restricted to renting a 22 :o

Welcome but you may be restricted to renting a 22 :o

Or a shotgun.
    Any updates Bunny??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Can shotguns be rented then?

I presume you can like with most clay shooting centers but im not 100% sure about midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If they can, I'm probably game anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Count me in then...

• Advertisement

I presume you can like with most clay shooting centers but im not 100% sure about midlands.

Just back from Midlands now. First time there great place and good people to talk too.
    Anyway I was told that only .22 rifles can be hired not shotguns. Hope this helps.

Advertisement