Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer.com - delivery costs not too bad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Can you guys tell me what vat rate they charged you, was it the english 15%(or so) or was it the Irish 21.5%, don't want to go to all the hassel if it's 21.5%. The reason I ask is that overclockers.co.uk are charging Irish customers 21.5%. Bit of a cheek really, if I walk into a store in the UK high street I pay the UK vat rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

im using ebuyer alot recently they are cheaper than komplett and have better selection of stuff. deliver price is grand and it usually arrives in 2 days with is quicker than komplett for me.

you have to pay with google checkout though as you cant register a irish post code

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Can you guys tell me what vat rate they charged you, was it the english 15%(or so) or was it the Irish 21.5%, don't want to go to all the hassel if it's 21.5%. The reason I ask is that overclockers.co.uk are charging Irish customers 21.5%. Bit of a cheek really, if I walk into a store in the UK high street I pay the UK vat rate.

That's down to the Irish/UK revenue.

Its to with two different things...

a) the point of title transfer on the goods - whether the customer takes ownership at the point where they leave the shipper's warehouse (15%) or if the seller retains title until goods are paid for (21.5%)

b) permanent establishment - if a company has business transactions above specific thresholds then they are required to register for VAT in that country. In the case of Overclockers they are above the threshold in Ireland and so must charge Irish VAT and return VAT to the Irish revenue.

If you get invoices from Amazon, eBay etc all charge appropriate VAT.. and the same is true if you deal with many of the larger online service providers (e.g. software downloads) who will charge you VAT specific to the territory in which you reside.
    if I walk into a store in the UK high street I pay the UK vat rate.

That's the key.. the transaction is conducted in the UK and so will be subject to UK revenue charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Regarding the payment options, I see they also accept Paypal, did anyone try this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Carne wrote: »
    Regarding the payment options, I see they also accept Paypal, did anyone try this yet?
    It always fails for me, just use Google Checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It always fails for me, just use Google Checkout.

I will setup a Google Checkout account so, does Wirecard work with Google Checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

Griffin87 wrote: »
    im using ebuyer alot recently they are cheaper than komplett and have better selection of stuff. deliver price is grand and it usually arrives in 2 days with is quicker than komplett for me.

you have to pay with google checkout though as you cant register a irish post code

If you ring them they will manually open an account.That way you should get a better exchange rate with your credit card.
    I find the exchange rate on Google Checkout is not always as favourable.

Their web site says delivery to Ireland is £10 but they quoted verbally £15.
    I argued that fact and and they honoured the £10 charge for a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I registered with these guys and used the REP123 for the postcode. However, when going to make an order it says UK at the end of my address!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

py2006 wrote: »
    I registered with these guys and used the REP123 for the postcode. However, when going to make an order it says UK at the end of my address!! :confused:

UK REP 123?

Don't worry about it, they will still deliver. I have had several deliveries using that address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

has anyone used ebuyer recently? hows the shipping times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

I ordered with them last month and got it within three days,I think you could order to recieve the package on a specified day as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

machalla wrote: »
    UK REP 123?

Don't worry about it, they will still deliver. I have had several deliveries using that address.

Are you sure? My address came up like this:

[name]
    [house name, area name]
    [townland]
    [county]
    REP123
    United Kingdom

Will they dropp the United Kingdom and put in Ireland manually or what? I've paid for the item already and paid for the correct shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Last 2 times I ordered with eBuyer, I didn't have to do the rep123 crap, just put down Ireland, payed with g.c. and away I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

ya. g.c. 4 eva.

i.d.s.t.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

I think the problem with Irish credit/debit cards is their stupid address system clashing with the Irish addresses registered to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im looking to buy of ebuyer in a couple of weeks and im living in kerry will they ship to ireland?, i also saw a paypal logo on their website do they take paypal? if so would that solve the problem with all this address nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

You can use PayPal - however - you need to get your order shipped to a confirmed address (confirmed in PayPal)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

And, how do we get our shipping address to go 'confirmed'? The last time I checked, which was about a year ago, they were not supporting confirmation of addresses in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

And, how do we get our shipping address to go 'confirmed'? The last time I checked, which was about a year ago, they were not supporting confirmation of addresses in Ireland.
    Correct, you can't get a confirmed address in Ireland so the only option is google checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

damn thats annoying :( ive been using paypal for ages with ebay (what exactly do you mean by confirmed address?) also what is google checkout and is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

damn thats annoying :( ive been using paypal for ages with ebay (what exactly do you mean by confirmed address?) also what is google checkout and is it any good?

I recently signed up and placed an order using paypal (hasn't arrived yet mind :)), so perhaps they have relaxed that restriction for paypal accounts. I have no confirmed paypal address to the best of my knowledge, unless it means the registered credit card address.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

If they don't accept your landline number, you can use a mobile number I think, if you like. So, does 3v work with these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ShaneMcEntee

Could anyone tell me what courier service (UPC, FEDEX etc) EBuyer deliver with in Ireland. I got a tracking number for Parcelforce that didn't work on Parcelforces website and I believe Parcelforce deliver through a different company in Ireland but I don't know which one? Also, Do they deliver on Bank Holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Could anyone tell me what courier service (UPC, FEDEX etc) EBuyer deliver with in Ireland. I got a tracking number for Parcelforce that didn't work on Parcelforces website and I believe Parcelforce deliver through a different company in Ireland but I don't know which one? Also, Do they deliver on Bank Holidays?
    I'm in the same boat, expecting an order on Wed but wanted to use the tracker to make sure it's all going to plan.

A quick search on the Online Buying and Auctions forum returned this thread, it seems GLS usually handle it. One poster said to ring them on 01-8606200 with your Parcel Force tracking number and they'll give you the GLS one.

However, I'm not getting through on that number, says the mobile number is not available, prob phone turned off etc. So it seems the call is diverted to a mobile which they must have turned off on a Sunday... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rysinh

I've made several orders off ebuyer and never had to use google checkout, always paid via paypal. Got a 24' HD monitor for about 150 along with the revo 3610

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

Used pay pal myself to pay them recently and my address is still unconfirmed in pay pal and they had no bother getting the item to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

My PC arrived today, as stated on the checkout when I ordered it. Paid with Google Checkout. It was dispatched on Fri and arrived today (Wed) so I see that as pretty damn good considering the bank holiday weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Last time I ordered from them (August) the delivery was made by DPH. The shipment details didn't match anything and DPH had a different number as I found out later, so tracking online was not possible. It was my fourth order from eBuyer and by far the worst delivery experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I placed an order and paid with CC.

The order was dispatched but not delivered.

A RMA was automatically issued and the order returned to Ebuyer for refund.

The refund came though less a ~€12 handling fee.

Not impressed.

I tried to contact me and they said its nothing to do with them the courier couldn't find my address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

I have ordered 6 times from them and always had delivery within one week of ordering , its very hard to beat them on price even when the delivery charge is included

Advertisement