Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Force...

Options
  • 01-11-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Does anyone know the delivery agent that ParcelForce use in Ireland?
    have a package coming in from UK, and the tracking details say 'With Delivery agent'.....just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head who ParcelForce use to ship their Irish packages?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭kirving

Its an Post, well the last few things i got from Pixmania that were delivered with parcelforce came through an Post. The "An Post" van drivers are really self-employed though, and pay for the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tony H

Interlink delivered the last ParcelForce delivery i had from OverclockersUk .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ian.k

Gls always deliver anything i get shipped with parcelforce. i think it depends on your area (im in limerick) and as far as i know small items get delivered with an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It was Interlink with myself. (Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

ian.k wrote: »
    Gls always deliver anything i get shipped with parcelforce. i think it depends on your area (im in limerick) and as far as i know small items get delivered with an post.

Same here,our old friends GLS.........

Parceline are delivered by Interlink

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

yeah turned out it was GLS.
    I rang my local post office on the off chance it was AN POST ...and she informed me that they used to handle it but not anymore.
    Anyway my package came in time...so happy days .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

try and avoid using them if at all possible - I ordered a guitar and an amp a month ago and they sent it to france insread of ireland in the first week - I was quick enough to spot this and rang them and they recalled the package but it went missing on route back from france.

So I had to contact the seller and they were kind enough to send out another guitar and an amp - at least that has made it to ireland but I am still waiting since it is late again. Unfortunatly I had no choice in the currier either since the online seller only does business with them

So - Parcel Force - 4 weeks waiting and still no product delivered after first losing it and then shipping a replacement and its still late

Id recomment UPS any day instead of this shower (Parcel Force)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

GLS - I've just being on to Parcel force, who gave me GLS as the Irish delivery contact ( for something I bought on eBuyer ).

GLS said that my address was incorrect, even though it's my address.

I said "but that's my correct postal address" and they said "we're not the postman" - FFS they are SOOOOO bad

Anyhoo - contact number for GLS in Dublin is 01-8606200

If you have the ParcelForce tracking number, ring them and they will give the equivalent GLS number.

Hope that helps !

deadl0ck wrote: »
    GLS - I've just being on to Parcel force, who gave me GLS as the Irish delivery contact ( for something I bought on eBuyer ).

GLS said that my address was incorrect, even though it's my address.

I said "but that's my correct postal address" and they said "we're not the postman" - FFS they are SOOOOO bad

Anyhoo - contact number for GLS in Dublin is 01-8606200

If you have the ParcelForce tracking number, ring them and they will give the equivalent GLS number.

Hope that helps !

Cheers already got on to them - finally got my guitar after 4 weeks but had to ring their currier to get him to come back sice he couldnt find my address either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

ha, serves you right for ordering your musical instruments online... Only messing!!

As a matter of interest what was the guitar and amp you got? Just wondering, have family in the musical instruments industry and they're always trying to give people their best price possible. But alot of the time people will just assume they're dearer than online anyway.
    What you get and how much for? would love to know just for me own interest.

seaner wrote: »
    ha, serves you right for ordering your musical instruments online... Only messing!!

As a matter of interest what was the guitar and amp you got? Just wondering, have family in the musical instruments industry and they're always trying to give people their best price possible. But alot of the time people will just assume they're dearer than online anyway.
    What you get and how much for? would love to know just for me own interest.

im only an amateur guitarist (learning at this stage) - I got a Vintage V100 TSB ( absolute beauty of a guitar and it sounds great - bargin in my opinion) for 208 euro and a basic 15watt amp for 40 euro (amp seems a bit expensive)

Bought on http://www.gear4music.com/

Hers is a youtube video of the guitar:

Advertisement