Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Men Y/N?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

it wouldn't really bother me all that much, as long as it wasn't a massive difference. couple of inches (weyoooo) is grand. I'm 5ft 7 btw.
    like a lot of women, i would prefer taller but really depends on the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I think 5'6/5'7 is an ideal height for girls compared to me.

Not too small but still has the height I like on girls so it's comftorble all around.

Although height isn't the most important thing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

moco wrote: »
    I would prefer a guy to be taller than me but it wouldn't put me off someone. My first boyfriend was slighty smaller than me and I'm 5 ft 2:eek:

It wasn't 'Wee Jimmy Krankie' you were going out with,was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think attraction is about chemistry, pure and simple. I think people who can coldly base it on a shopping list of features such as height, weight, nationality, career etc are missing out big time.
    Lust rulez!

+1 can't beat the auld lust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

G86 wrote: »
    Taller guys do make me feel more 'dainty' though:D

Exactly, it would make me feel like a heiffer! Tall guys or guys my height FTW! I'm 5'7 ish maybe 5'8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I'm 5'8".. a couple of inches smaller than me, I could handle, but I wouldn't want some lad at chest level.. It's difficult enough to get boys to look you in the eye when they're talking to you ;) Hubby is about 5' 11" and that's just perfick, I don't wear heals, ever. Evil things..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JustHalf wrote: »
    I definitely prefer women who approach my height. I'm six foot five, so that's pretty rare. One woman I had a thing for is six foot three, and it certainly added a lot to her appeal.
    +1
    echosound wrote: »
    Poor fella had a stoop most of the time when they walked round town together, trying to hear what she was saying to him from waaay below the snowy heights he occupied.
    Another plus for tall women.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    it would make me feel like a heiffer!
    As in a heifer? :eek: :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

THB I wouldn't have much of a problem with a guys height. I'm 5'4 and my bf is about 5'6. If he was way smaller than me I wouldn't be too keen on it, but it really depends on their personality;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

ztoical wrote: »
    Aw eathhorse are you stalking me? :D

No, no, it's not like that, I swear!

/cancels flights to New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

echosound wrote: »
    :D
    I did know a couple where the girl was just barely hitting the 5 foot mark (according to her; in reality she was more like 4'10"), and her BF was 6'7".

Ahhhhhh why do tall men always go for short girls!!
    I can only date taller men,im 6'1'. I once dated a guy the same height as me but Its just not for me.Its much more rosemantic when your reaching up to kiss a fella :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I'm 5 ft 11 in my bare feet. Had an ex who was 6 ft 5, another who was about 5 ft 5.

The short guy was packing a huge Napoleon complex and was hugely arrogant and aggressive - it didn't last long. Generally speaking, I'd prefer men my own height or taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

the_syco wrote: »

As in a heifer? :eek: :D

Quiet you *shakes fist at you* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my wife is exactly the same height for me, but i have never had a problem with going out with soeone who was taller than me in the past.

sure, women are like pianos, when theyre not upright, theyre grand.

and there was never any trouble climbing a fallen log :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My boyfriend is an inch or two taller than me at most, and if I wear heels I'm taller than him. I've never had a problem with it, nor has he. I rarely wear heels anyway. My boyfriend is overweight and I'm nearly underweight so it doesn't matter that we're around the same height because I still get the feeling of being with a big manly man if you get me? (Probably not!) Also, I've never been one to go for looks so height really doesn't matter.

My Granny told me recently that it's ok if you're small as long as you're not fat. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Oh God, I would definetly not like a shorter man, The whole logistics of sex standing up would not work, I am 5'10, I also like wearing heels, It would look ridiculous me with a shorter guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

janeybabe wrote: »
    My Granny told me recently that it's ok if you're small as long as you're not fat. :p
    Your granny sounds like a lot of Boards posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Dudess wrote: »
    In fairness, ztoical, you can't control your height.

I prefer guys being taller than me, it's something I find attractive, but I have gone out with guys smaller than me, so it really depends on the guy.

quoted for truth...

Quality wrote: »
    Oh God, I would definetly not like a shorter man, The whole logistics of sex standing up would not work, I am 5'10, I also like wearing heels, It would look ridiculous me with a shorter guy.

Thats why god invented steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

I personally prefer taller men, although at 5'9 it's hard to find guys who are a lot taller.

Guys around my height are great too, maybe an inch or two shorter, but I would possibly be put off by a guy who was 5'6 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i am just a smidge over 5'11 barefoot and in all my time travelling across the world i can easily count on two hands (and still have fingers left over) girls/women who were taller than me

in 3rd year in college there were around 300 girls in my class and only one (she was 6'4 and a monster) was taller, one girl was the same height as me and the rest were shorter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm a tall man and I like myself. ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Small chaps tend to be on the angry side if you ask me. Poor little divils.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bogzilla

i always like going out with a girl who is shorter than me. perhaps that is definitively sexist? i'm traditional, i like holding my girlfriend in my arms and thats the way i am!

i wouldn`t look down on a couple who arent`like us but i love my girlfriend the way she is... especially when i can snuggle her in bed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm 5ft2 and usually only date guys who are a bit taller, I find it physically more attractive and I don't want to have midget babies!

That said, I went out for a while with a bloke who was 6ft4 and well built..I feared I would be squashed at any moment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think attraction is about chemistry, pure and simple. I think people who can coldly base it on a shopping list of features such as height, weight, nationality, career etc are missing out big time.
    Lust rulez!
    Lust:D
    Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Small chaps tend to be on the angry side if you ask me. Poor little divils.
    Interesting... worth a discussion thread of its own perhaps?
    Arguements:
    It's because all the girls ignore them for bigger lads.
    It's because they get picked on more whereas people are more wary of picking on the bigger lads.
    They have some sort of complex.
    It's because they had to wait longer to be able to reach the cookie jar themselves.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Guinness WOrld Records had a couple where the guy was twice the height of her: he was 6'2 and the woman 3'1.

The kids all looked grand.

It all balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm 5'6" and I'm sure taller wimminz would love to date me coz I'm a ride. But bad news for such laydez .... I am well off the market. Please dont cry, snotty noses are not attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Couldn't date someone shorter than me - Don't know why, just doesn't feel right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm 6ft - my OH is about 5'9, but I wouldn't be pushed about her height tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not sure what height i am (5'8" or 5'9" maybe, im not really fussed) and i don't think it would bother me either way.

Advertisement