Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A new Irish used-car site: CarList.ie. Feedback welcome.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Isn't this thread spam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

racso1975 wrote: »
    Would you thinkof putting in a report button like carzone has. I know this will probably increase your work load hugely but i doubt http://www.carlist.ie/vehicles/view/57184-audi-tt-dublin?r=/vehicles/108,475/*/*/*/flat/ is genuine at that price given thats it 20grand cheaper then it's nearest priced on
    good spot. also -
    * lhd
    * diesel?? wtf?
    * american size number plate
    * dublin address but kildare telephone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

racso1975 wrote: »
    Would you thinkof putting in a report button like carzone has. I know this will probably increase your work load hugely but i doubt http://www.carlist.ie/vehicles/view/57184-audi-tt-dublin?r=/vehicles/108,475/*/*/*/flat/ is genuine at that price given thats it 20grand cheaper then it's nearest priced on

Yes, this is something that www.carlist.ie will have very soon. I don't mind the extra effort, the scammers are a real nusiance to genuine buyers and sellers and I'll do anything that reduces their impact.

Thanks for letting me know about that audi, I've banned the seller from the site and removed the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi Gavin,

I searched for BMW 3Series and it only returned about 10 ads. However, when I searched for a BMW 316 it returned far more results.

Good website all the same, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

steve06 wrote: »
    Isn't this thread spam....

This thread started innocently enough with carlist asking their future users what they would want in a new website, but you're right, lately it is looking more and more like spam, with a link to the website in every post etc. and the regular resurrections from the deep.

Carlist has had more than their fair share in promoting their site ...anybody else trying to do the same gets kicked out.

So ...in the interest of fairness I'm now closing this thread and I would like to ask carlist not to open another.

There is always the option of paid advertising, please contact the admins if you want to do that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement