Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Fitzpatrick the new Maddie??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Did it ever occur to you that the photo was taken at a Halloween party? which is where the picture was taken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Ha Ha
    What do you wear at Halloween.?
    >
    A zero tolerance clip on tie suit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

peterk19 wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to you that the photo was taken at a Halloween party? which is where the picture was taken

I'd still question the wisdom of using that as a publicity photo. People are going to jump to conclusions about a 15-year-old girl dressed like that, whether you and I like it or not. Much as I accept your explanation, that picture, and the prejudices it raises, is what people are going to remember when they think of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

fricatus wrote: »
    I'd still question the wisdom of using that as a publicity photo. People are going to jump to conclusions about a 15-year-old girl dressed like that, whether you and I like it or not. Much as I accept your explanation, that picture, and the prejudices it raises, is what people are going to remember when they think of her.

Fair point but they may have been the only pictures available at the time and its better to get the pictures circulated as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

fricatus wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being unfair, but what kind of parent takes her school-age daughter away from all her friends and into a foreign country?

So emigrating to try and make a better life for you and your family is a bad thing somehow..? I can think of many reasons why someone would move out of out of Coolock for Spain, and it's not all that uncommon either.

As for the photos.. they not have too many recent photos to go on... And what are you anyway, a nun?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Are you for real? She was walking back from a friends house when she disappeared, 10pm iirc, not wandering around drunk at 6am after a house party.

I would admit, it was an odd photo to release. However, she is not smiling in it, just looking normal, perhaps it was the only recent one they had where is looking facially like she would when walking down the street, as opposed to a bright smiley one that looks alot less like your average person does walking down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

So emigrating to try and make a better life for you and your family is a bad thing somehow..? I can think of many reasons why someone would move out of out of Coolock for Spain, and it's not all that uncommon either.

As for the photos.. they not have too many recent photos to go on... And what are you anyway, a nun?

Well whats another 3 years to college and and freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The average wage in Spain is half that in Ireland and unemployment is almost twice what it is here. It's a beautiful country (I've lived there) and the weather is better, but that's hardly going to put food on the table. I'm guessing her mother doesn't speak Spanish (judging by the interview here; contrast this with Amy's friend, who in fairness does).

Does that sound to you like emigrating for a better life? Plenty of Irish families moved to the USA in the '80s due to unemployment, but they were in dire straits, and they had to think long and hard before uprooting their kids from the life they knew, school, friends, etc.

Oh for God's sake... I don't know why I'm even dignifying that stupid remark with a reply. Look, it's perfectly fine for her to dress up like that at a Hallowe'en party, but I think it's unwise to release (what some people would see as) suggestive photos like that to the media without any sort of context.

Sure, it will be printed in the media, but it's a massive distraction from the task at hand, which is finding the girl. It suggests all sorts of angles to her personality and morals that nobody who cares for her would want people thinking. It has the potential to damage the publicity campaign.

Bottom line: you'd nearly be better off not releasing a picture than releasing a picture like that. And I don't buy your argument about not having more recent pictures, because there is a whole photo album of them in the Indo today. Even if there were no other photos available, that particular one could have been cropped to show only her face. For God's sake, the public hardly needs to see her belly button!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Check out the latest comment:

http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5391994102

Anyone able to link to some photos of her?

I've only seen the one photo so can't say how photogenic she is

• Advertisement

Hmm..

Does she have an actual bebo page? I'm presuming she does ..

Would be odd if her last login time was yesterday or something.

Hmm..

OOH sinister

OOH sinister

Very.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Check out the latest comment:

http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5391994102

Anyone able to link to some photos of her?

I've only seen the one photo so can't say how photogenic she is

The pics i've seen make her look like a total brasser,she's wearing a belly top and dangling a pair of handcuffs and pouting like a tart.Whover let the press have these pics should be ashamed of themselves,15 is still below the age of consent and she's splashed all over the papers like a slag.

not another maddy mccann PLZ!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!be found alive SOON!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

Damn right, 'cause the last thing we need is another "Amy Fitzpatrick: Day blah" on Sky News.

she pouts like Zoolander for every photo.

forserious.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 steagp

ye 1st of u dont know her and u say let her dress like that well i know her and that is what she dressed up as on halloween like most teenage girls do and u say imagine letting her wander out like that it was about 10 and it is still bright out at 10 in spain and she was only walking from her best m8s house about 10-15 mins away so how can u blame her mother and stepfather??

she pouts like Zoolander for every photo.

forserious.jpg

ur a faggit!!!

steagp wrote: »
    ye 1st of u dont know her and u say let her dress like that well i know her and that is what she dressed up as on halloween like most teenage girls do and u say imagine letting her wander out like that it was about 10 and it is still bright out at 10 in spain and she was only walking from her best m8s house about 10-15 mins away so how can u blame her mother and stepfather??

I mistrust anyone who argues with their first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Not only did they move country, they moved to somewhere that had a language that they couldn't speak.

She left school at 13. The principle cited her language difficulties, her family claimed bullying. So she was out of school for 2 years...

Why did they move...? Oh yeah, for the better life(!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Not only did they move country, they moved to somewhere that had a language that they couldn't speak.

QUOTE]

Not in Costa del Dumpo.. the town of fuengeriola is practically all oirish and brits.. they even have a dunnes stores.

Hmm..

yes she does last loged on 2 days ago it was her friend tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Online Now

What the hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Snyper, read again... The part about the school. That is not an English speaking school... :rolleyes:

steagp wrote: »
    yes she does last loged on 2 days ago it was her friend tho

Really?

Why'd her friend log in?
    And her bebo,

I can't find any photos of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ah in fairness now, take a look at the queue for a teen disco sometime...most wee girls are tarting themselves up nowadays. Parents for the most part seem to accept it, if in fact they know that their litle girl is doing it. Revealing clothes, make up and a whole host of other formerly adult accessories are aimed at girls as young as 12 these days...blame our celebrity pop thrash culture as much as you blame any parent who are really fighting a loosing battle against pressure to fit in and be popular. You only have to glance at some of the sh*t the magazines aimed at tweenies are bombarding them with to see that this is approaching the norm...

Wertz wrote: »
    Ah in fairness now, take a look at the queue for a teen disco sometime...most wee girls are tarting themselves up nowadays. Parents for the most part seem to accept it, if in fact they know that their litle girl is doing it. Revealing clothes, make up and a whole host of other formerly adult accessories are aimed at girls as young as 12 these days...blame our celebrity pop thrash culture as much as you blame any parent who are really fighting a loosing battle against pressure to fit in and be popular. You only have to glance at some of the sh*t the magazines aimed at tweenies are bombarding them with to see that this is approaching the norm...

Maybe so but why did a relative release those pics to the press?Its not like she dresses like that all the time..or does she?Either way its very much the wrong image to portray of a missing 15 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I agree to an extent, but the family , like any family, will take her for what she is, so they perhaps see little wrong with what they've released.
    She's missing, they want her back, that's all that matters to them. The halloween pic was probably not the one to release, at least not without cropping it...but to them she's their little girl no matter what she's wearing...to some people that could call their parenting skills into question, but maybe it's just an error in judgement at a harrowing time.

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    I agree to an extent, but the family , like any family, will take her for what she is, so they perhaps see little wrong with what they've released.
    She's missing, they want her back, that's all that matters to them. The halloween pic was probably not the one to release, at least not without cropping it...but to them she's their little girl no matter what she's wearing...to some people that could call their parenting skills into question, but maybe it's just an error in judgement at a harrowing time.

I reckon there's more to the whole thing than meets the eye..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement