Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Fitzpatrick the new Maddie??

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I know theres a bit of an age difference - but a good looking child is a good looking child

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well I think there is suspicion this time that she ran away herself. She had run away from home before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

manTime wrote: »
    I know theres a bit of an age difference - but a good looking child is a good looking child

What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who is Amy Fitzpatrick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

kearnsr wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Remember kearnsr - he collects childrens shoes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

She's Irish, Maddie is a British media thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Who is Amy Fitzpatrick?

+1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eo980 wrote: »
    Remember kearnsr - he collects childrens shoes.

Who doesnt?

But seriously more info would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055210885

Was locked before it ever got a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I find it disturbing that the media can become fixated with children like in the 'Maddie' case.

She's not blonde though so there is less of a chance the media will start stalking her family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Well I think there is suspicion this time that she ran away herself. She had run away from home before.

How can she run away when the OP has her shoes :eek:

What the hell man?!?

What the hell man?!?

Thought the exact same thing!!! Pervert, Troll or Lunatic. Flip a coin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

DonJose wrote: »
    How can she run away when the OP has her shoes :eek:

Haw Haw Haw - Now that was funny.

Seriously WTF? THat should have been nuked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

In before the lock.

Oh and sadly, thousands of kids go missing. Some of them good looking with lovely shoes, some of them not so good looking with 2 year old Reebok Classics.

Sympathies to the families but what can ya do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The only simialrity this case has with McCann is that the police don't seem to be taking it seriously in the important first 48 hours.
    Seems that people are jumping to the conclusion that because she's a troubled teen that she obviously ran away....nevermind the fact that she's apparantly not taken clothes, money or mobile and that she didn't confide in a friend, something that usually happens if it was a run away. Hope she's alright, but there are supposedly reports of a white van attempting to lure children into it in the region earlier in the month.

Go away manTime, your first load of crap was funny for a while...you're boring us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

DonJose wrote: »
    Thought the exact same thing!!! Pervert, Troll or Lunatic. Flip a coin!!!

Hahaha. I dont know if you meant that but it gave me a great laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

nope

she's not a cute 4 year old blonde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Not likely

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Hahaha. I dont know if you meant that but it gave me a great laugh

What you never heard of a 3 sided coin?

http://www.statisticool.com/3sided.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

LOL.

Nope.

the Fitzpatricks dont know where Amy is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

snyper wrote: »
    LOL.

Nope.

the Fitzpatricks dont know where Amy is.

LOL :D Post of the year.

Also it isnt the Irish girls parents fault that she went missing, unlike the McCanns (whether they did it or not, it is still their fault she is gone)

Hope it all turns out well. The OP mind is either a weirdo or a really crap attempt at being controversial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I thought the same thing when I saw the front page of the Sun. PEDO SCARE FOR AMY MUM or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

connundrum wrote: »
    In before the lock.

Oh and sadly, thousands of kids go missing. Some of them good looking with lovely shoes, some of them not so good looking with 2 year old Reebok Classics.

Sympathies to the families but what can ya do?

Check the missing pages?

From the most negelected of websites come's the Garda Siochana. You would imagine there are only one or two missing people in the country. There must be money changin hands to get on this sophisticated website.

http://www.garda.ie/missing.html

Yet according to this link 4000 people went missing in 2004 only about half were catagory A which includes children.

http://www.missing.ws/_latestNews/latestNews.asp?page=7
    http://www.miss.ie/

Everything manTIME says is fake, mainly due to the fact he keeps saying it.

Well, at least, I bloody well hope it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Amy used to live on my road before they moved to spain, we never got on with that family, but i hope she's ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Anyone see the picture of her on the 9 o'clock news? If I had a 15-year-old daughter, I wouldn't let her dress like that in public, and I certainly would have found a better picture to publicise her disappearance.

She certainly is pretty and photogenic though, so that helps with her media "marketability". It would be harder to get pictures of a dumpy, spotty, fat teenager printed in the paper. Unfortunate, but we all know that's the media.

Maybe I'm being unfair, but what kind of parent takes her school-age daughter away from all her friends and into a foreign country? Diplomats and corporate high-flyers have to move country from time to time, but even when they do, they tend to leave their teenagers in boarding school at home, or else send them to a British or American school in the host country.

Maybe the mother isn't to blame for Amy's disappearance, but it was surely a bit selfish of her to disrupt her life in her mid-teens like that. I'm sure we'd all like to take off to Spain on a whim, but parents are supposed to accept certain responsibilities, including not acting like they're single and in their 20s.

Let's just hope she's found safe and well, and her mother doesn't have to pay too high a price for any lessons she might learn about parenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement