Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Is it Kealshore Kid in the 455 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep 16/1 ish.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Have word today for MAKSHOOF in 5.15 Southwell
    5/1

Bad luck with Kilshaw kid! Shudda put some on e/w (I'll note his name for future reference).

Mike.

Where Did He Finish ? Backed Him For A Place On Betfair At 9/1 !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

My one was a disaster :mad:

Came in 2nd

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Second at 25/1, should have won to be honest, took a couple of bumps from the winner. Would have walked away with over a grand had he won, ah well.

On another note, as stated the trainer seems to be giving my cousin his chance. Two decent enough horses (for their races) at double figure odds he's been on now. Will let you know when his next ride is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

unlucky today collie d,keep up the good work.we await your cousins next outing.

Collie D wrote: »
    Second at 25/1, should have won to be honest, took a couple of bumps from the winner. Would have walked away with over a grand had he won, ah well.

On another note, as stated the trainer seems to be giving my cousin his chance. Two decent enough horses (for their races) at double figure odds he's been on now. Will let you know when his next ride is.

Exellent! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just looking at aintree tomorrow, the 2:35 with Kauto Star - someone/people are laying him BIG... there is over 10K to untraded in the lay market... possible a bookies or maybe someone knows something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

dusty carpet in 2.30 he should take some beating:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

pebbles21 wrote: »
    dusty carpet in 2.30 he should take some beating:D

whats it worth do ya reckon?:)

Just like buses, my cousin waits over three months for his second ride and then gets two in a week.

He's on Finlays Footsteps in the 3.50 at Market Rasen (2m 6f handicap hurdle) today. This is the one he was on when unseated at the last on Stephen's Day when six lengths clear. Has had two runs since then which were pretty disappointing although both were in muddy conditions and it's expected the good ground should suit him again. Cousin takes ten pounds off which is always nice :)

He's a young horse with a decent pedigree which should suggest bags of speed although how useful that will be over 22 furlongs is to be seen. The yard is in decent form lately and the fact that he has travelled so far with this horse gives me some confidence. They're based on Teeside and have travelled this far south with him, think it's at least a 500 mile round trip.

Unfortunately no big price today which is a bit of a negative but at 13/2 should still turn a small profit if he gets placed.

Racing Post says

SPOTLIGHT Struggled in the mud both starts since fluffing a winning opportunity when blundering and unseating this rider at the last (6l clear at time) over 2m4f on good ground at Sedgefield on Boxing Day; return to better ground may help and could see him runningwell

Off to check the form of the field :)

Mike.

Absolute stinker. Had to be ridden after the first two flights, think he was 12th of 14 in the end. Don't think I could back him again, looks like a monkey of the highest order.

I did'nt as I was out of the house (prolly would have backed the Davidson ride though).

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    I did'nt as I was out of the house (prolly would have backed the Davidson ride though).

Mike.

Good stuff. Felt a bit bad handing out a duff tip. I'm getting the feeling that he'll probably piss up at 20/1 next week now. Kind of get the impression that the trainer's a bit of a shrewdie/gangster - delete depending on your own feelings.

It always a gamble - look at Masterminded!

Mike.

friend of mine talking to Michael Hourigan yesterday. El Jo at 1830, great e/w chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Thanks will back it ew 25/1 with Laddies it's at 18.10 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I see he came in fourth. Were they paying to four or only three???

Paid for the first 4 places :):)

Nice one Will had a few bob each way @ 25/1, thanks for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just got a phonecall about Gonebeyondrecall in the 5.45 at The Curragh

Tip from a friend of the trainer

Currently 4.6 on Betfair

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Down the field... Sorry

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

He was second fav at the off.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

This feckin horse.. That trainer is from Spancilhill. Wouldn't back any of his horses. Gonebeyond recall is "the best horse he's ever had in training,' - wasn't it bought at the Land Rover Millions and won the corresponding race last year? Trainer is quite the weasel. If i'd seen this post I would have advised you against it. Overhyped horses, not a great trainer.

Ya I seen that but I knew from 2 furlongs out he wasn't winning :(

• Advertisement

Got a tip for Rinroe Punchestown 4.55 now 9/2 from 7/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement