Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Something going on with the Des Donovan yard, be surprised if there isn't an investigation.

Anyways, got a tip from someone who knows the jockey.

Aleksander, Haydock 5:10 - Won't be out of the frame, he says.

4th, led for a bit but fell away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Right, nipping this in the bud: tips are posted. You take notice of the tip, or you don't. Either way, you don't come back here to complain if the tip doesn't work out. Zero tolerance applies from here on.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Right, nipping this in the bud: tips are posted. You take notice of the tip, or you don't. Either way, you don't come back here to complain if the tip doesn't work out. Zero tolerance applies from here on.

I'm guessing that was aimed at me?

Can I point out that I never complained. In fact I expressed my happiness at not backing the horses while also making a general observation on how they ran.

Now, if it's the case I'm not allowed discuss tips posted on this forum then I'll refrain from posting.

I have searched for rules on this thread but haven't come across any, so for now I'll presume general discussion is still tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

keano25 wrote: »

Can I point out that I never complained. In fact I expressed my happiness at not backing the horses while also making a general observation on how they ran.

Now, if it's the case I'm not allowed discuss tips posted on this forum then I'll refrain from posting.

I have searched for rules on this thread but haven't come across any, so for now I'll presume general discussion is still tolerated.

I think it was in reference to one that was deleted before the warning was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Likewise, my post deleted.

Them "tips" passed on by a pro gambler boiled my water now. And some posters here followed them and lost. They were everywhere all over the media and tv today and weren't hard to spot but then to go on post them on a forum and say they were from a pro gambler is sick!

I did mention 2 of the runners myself as being genuine punts last night before they even went to odds on then this morning and I even said the others were a waste of time and I backed against them accordingly in the horse racing thread. But the info posted was wrong and was easy to spot but many didn't is the problem I had.

• Advertisement

Ya the pro bit was gas alright. I thought the warning was aimed at me as I said he's costing people money. Some of the "tips" floating around are pure rubbish altogether.

It's not nice to hear of people losing money but from what I can see, if you spend some time on here you'll get to know the posters to follow and the posters to avoid at all costs.

Ya the pro bit was gas alright. I thought the warning was aimed at me as I said he's costing people money. Some of the "tips" floating around are pure rubbish altogether.

It's not nice to hear of people losing money but from what I can see, if you spend some time on here you'll get to know the posters to follow and the posters to avoid at all costs.

Exactly, but some lurkers don't know one poster from the next and all info should be genuine.

Right, I'm back off to the horse racing forum, a good day was had over there today with a nice handful of winners picked out, may it continue tomorrow. :)

shmeee wrote: »
    Exactly, but some lurkers don't know one poster from the next and all info should be genuine.

Right, I'm back off to the horse racing forum, a good day was had over there today with a nice handful of winners picked out, may it continue tomorrow. :)

Going to bed I'll do my homework in the morning. Let the bookie bashing continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

All I can do is apologise for those, I was just passing on the message I got, which was copied and pasted from my facebook page.
    Trust me, ye aren't the only ones who are upset with him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Final word on this: discussing tips is ok, but personal abuse isn't. You know where the line is, so please don't cross it. Also, if you've a question re a moderator action, please PM the mod concerned, commenting on-thread is not allowed.

Thanks

TrueDub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Christybartley

Bet small
    Been tipped dark ocean for the 8.40 Ayr race. Lad I know said stable is backing him to win

• Registered Users Posts: 23,833 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

maximo31 wrote: »
    Got word for dashing lady each way in the first at Galway. Owner has flown in from America especially for the race so fingers crossed!

mentioned last sunday when it was third at 10s (galway)

4.20dp
    awful race, best priced 5/4
    should take a lot of beating in this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

mailburner wrote: »

4.20dp

Waiting on a text from owner.If he gets back I'll let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

mailburner wrote: »

4.20dp

Waiting on a text from owner.If he gets back I'll let ye know.

A reminder: if you've a problem with a post, report it & let the mods deal with it. Do not comment on-thread.

Erlkonig 7.20 trainer very confident as long as the going stays good horse will win

Anyone hear anything else on ballinrobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Erlkonig 7.20 trainer very confident as long as the going stays good horse will win

Interesting, I'm told The Plan Man is fancied.

I got word for this when it bolted up at the start of June and landed many here a nice touch, winning so easily when tipped @ 5/2 returning @ 13/8.

Everytime since they haven't honestly fancied it and I asked a few times about it and even last night and was told small stakes incase. Strange how sources different.

I only seen the post now and am not coming on to "have a go". Just saying what i was told is different to what others hear.

Horse info up to you to back it.....

This is a text I got off one of my friends who gets word off different stables. He has given me 4/5 winners he only ever texts me every few weeks with horses.

19:20 – Wolverhampton – No.2 - Give Us A Reason 2/1

Im told that he’s been working fantastically at home and now he is racing over his preferred trip he will make use of the extra furlong to score well. Connections are confident and they will be supporting him strongly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Overheard in a bookies in castlebar. Man about town type gave a tip for

Sligo - 7.50
    Johnston's best @ 9/2

I just put a fiver win as an interest.

Also said

Sligo - 5.50
    Blistering Dancer @ around 5/1

Will be trying.

I put a fiver on as an interest.

Now I know how unpredictable Irish racing can be so do these at your own risk. But you knew that already .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

KeshFM93 wrote: »

Sligo - 7.50
    Johnston's best @ 9/2

Also said

Sligo - 5.50
    Blistering Dancer @ around 5/1

Will be trying.

I put a fiver on as an interest.

Now I know how unpredictable Irish racing can be so do these at your own risk. But you knew that already .

Think the first one was mentioned here and had heard of word on it from another source also (not a tip so didn't post just a mention) so did a unit on both and a unit double too. Hopefully There will be a few scoops over the weekend :)

gufc21 wrote: »
    Think the first one was mentioned here and had heard of word on it from another source also (not a tip so didn't post just a mention) so did a unit on both and a unit double too. Hopefully There will be a few scoops over the weekend :)

Nice one. To be honest there was more to the tip story but didn't want to waffle.

The lad who received the tip was greatful and I thought there's something in this maybe. Then soon as the lad who gave the tip left the other punters were like flies on sh_ sugar asking "what did he tip"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Nice one. To be honest there was more to the tip story but didn't want to waffle.

The lad who received the tip was greatful and I thought there's something in this maybe. Then soon as the lad who gave the tip left the other punters were like flies on sh_ sugar asking "what did he tip"

Cheers again for sharing. Just to clarify also I meant first horse in post (7.50) not first one that ran (5.50) thanks for sharing, prob wouldn't have done it. I just didn't want ya to think i was trying to jump on post race.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Cheers again for sharing. Just to clarify also I meant first horse in post (7.50) not first one that ran (5.50) thanks for sharing, prob wouldn't have done it. I just didn't want ya to think i was trying to jump on post race.

Haha. Not at all.

Sligo - 7.50
    Johnston's best @ 9/2

Have posted about this in the racing thread last night.

Was talking to connections and confident of being in the mix, has been well backed all morning now and Davy Russell riding is a big plus.

Not much of 4/1 left and 7/2 and 3s around the main firms. Was 6s this morning, a few NR's but that hasn't effected price a whole pile, well supported all day.

shmeee wrote: »
    Have posted about this in the racing thread last night.

Was talking to connections and confident of being in the mix, has been well backed all morning now and Davy Russell riding is a big plus.

Not much of 4/1 left and 7/2 and 3s around the main firms. Was 6s this morning, a few NR's but that hasn't effected price a whole pile, well supported all day.

Think I got it @ 6/1 must check the docket. Sure fingers crossed anyway and if it doesn't I won't be crying over a fiver. Plus had a few dog winners in Notts and perry bar . And that Arizona snow in the 2.15 @ 8/1 .who won in dramatic style. Best of luck anyway.

Ah well . that's Irish racing for you .

Beaten a neck after being pushed along with only a mile gone, Davy done well to get her into the race then again and she stayed on but line came too soon. Was on ew so nothing lost anyway. Step up in trip maybe now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,833 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cant really fault the jockey there
    unlucky loser

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement