Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I was also told to back sheamus eachway told to back him small aswell

Nice one, boosts my confidence a small bit. Good luck bud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lads just to say for a tip thread to work, its best to keep it to solid tips. A source even second hand from a stable is a tip. Some regular tipping you their fancy isn't a tip

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lads just to say for a tip thread to work, its best to keep it to solid tips. A source even second hand from a stable is a tip. Some regular tipping you their fancy isn't a tip

You don't know who my main source is, if you did you'd want my phone number. Anything put up here should be appreciated because quite frankly it is generous of anybody to even bother. I don't look for attention when putting up a horse I was told to back, I just like to see others win. But when you get posts like that, I won't bother after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    You don't know who my main source is, if you did you'd want my phone number. Anything put up here should be appreciated because quite frankly it is generous of anybody to even bother. I don't look for attention when putting up a horse I was told to back, I just like to see others win. But when you get posts like that, I won't bother after today.

To be fair, I think he was simply saying, generally, dont be posting fancies.
    Which wasnt directly aimed at you, or anyone. It was just a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

gufc21 wrote: »

The tips thread in the other forum got closed, for good. Backseat modding /bitching etc accelerated it. I hope we don't end up the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

BumperD wrote: »
    The tips thread in the other forum got closed, for good. Backseat modding /bitching etc accelerated it. I hope we don't end up the same way.

They shouldn't have closed it they really need to take a chill and let it run,then having to post to a template format no wonder people get pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

I wasn't modding lads I was making a general comment and didn't quote any posts or refer to any poster. I was simply diffrenciating between an actual tip and a fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Christybartley

Lads if we can work together and post the info we get. We can beat the bookie together I would rather win money with everyone then win by myself. I have a contact who has given me 10/12 winners and he told me he has something lined up over the weekend. So I will be posting it. I hope anyone who gets any great info will post it aswell thanks

Say no more on it lads, lets not get into semantics and try not to let this forum go to shíte too :)

We're all waiting on Sheamus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Hi Lads

Just passing on a few snippets for today
    Enlace 2.55 Newmarket
    Intense Style 4.20 Galway
    When Will it End Goodwood 5.00
    War Spirit Goodwood 5.35
    Nufooth Lingfield 6.00

All of the above to win

and
    Maftoon 4.25 Goodwood (good each way bet 20/1)
    from various sources,a lad who works for Hannon,a lad who is at the track in Galway and a lad who has a horse with Johnston

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

New Providence should run well in the 2:55 Newmarket I'm told.
    Small each-way bet for me in again a tricky race.

Took 11/1, 4 places.

3rd that'll do! cheers

Also told to back Prince Rudi e/w in Galway 3:10 and Sheamus each-way in the lucky last at Galway.
    Small bets for me as not sure if the source is any good.

Well that pays for the weekend. 28/1 on Betfair.

Nice one, didnt back it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Also told to back Prince Rudi e/w in Galway 3:10 and Sheamus each-way in the lucky last at Galway.
    Great stuff. Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cracking. I didn't have a cent on him but delighted he romped home for ya!

Thanks..

Same guy that gave me Prince Rudi just gave me Zemario e/w in the 5:25.

Took 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

maximo31 wrote: »
    Got word for dashing lady each way in the first at Galway. Owner has flown in from America especially for the race so fingers crossed!

said id move this, easy missed where posted
    still waiting for my first winner at galway after about 15 attempts :o

Ted Veale to eat them for breakfast and Pires each-way. From yard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Ted Veale to eat them for breakfast and Pires each-way. From yard
    Cheers for them. Thought Pires had the momentum to take it. Odds drifted nicely pre-race for both

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Guys I got a bit of word for Landau in the 5.30 in Galway..normally never post tips I get but this guy also gave me the winner of the 4.30 earlier. I have him backed at 7s. Guy in question has connections in the yard, info straight from there. Best of luck if you're on

• Advertisement

Cork 4:50 - Seeyouallincoppers - 16/1 with Firms

Can't put much on this one as it is a minefield but told the horse will run a big race.
    Finished 3rd behind Xsquared at Ballinrobe on his last hurdle run and that horse ran a belter in a good Galway handicap this week off a much much higher mark.

Captainsandkings in Roscommon 6:35 - Sorry for late post as price has dropped. I could only get on at 7's, and wasn't happy at that as my contact never contacted me early. Sorry about yesterday's ran a stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Captainsandkings in Roscommon 6:35 - Sorry for late post as price has dropped. I could only get on at 7's, and wasn't happy at that as my contact never contacted me early. Sorry about yesterday's ran a stinker.

Went 10 on. Here's hoping!

Placed, but getting too many places of late :-(

Brighton 3:50 notarised 5/2 I got told to back him from a contact i know in the yard. but back him small he also told me there is a big one lined up next week

Not from a yard or stable, but I am friends with a pro gambler from england and he sent me this message today, make of it what you wish.

BANG IN TROUBLE 2.30PM YARMOUTH.
    CHAMPAGNE CHARLEY 3.00PM YARMOUTH.
    HEJAZ 4.50PM BRIGHTON.
    STEUBEN 7.35PM SOUTHWELL.
    BWINDI 8.05PM SOUTHWELL.

Not from a yard or stable, but I am friends with a pro gambler from england and he sent me this message today, make of it what you wish.

HEJAZ 4.50PM BRIGHTON.
    BWINDI 8.05PM SOUTHWELL.

Got this message off my friend
    I'm not betting on them tho looks a bit fishy to me.

Apparently another 4 horse Barney Curley plunge today, 2:30 Yarmouth was 16/1 into 5/2 bang in trouble, 7:35 Southwell 6/1 into 10/11 Steuben, 8:05 Southwell 6/4 into 8/11 bwindi, not sure of the other one, have you heard anything, most prob a load of bollocks but money definitely down for em!!!!!

Something going on with the Des Donovan yard, be surprised if there isn't an investigation.

Anyways, got a tip from someone who knows the jockey.

Aleksander, Haydock 5:10 - Won't be out of the frame, he says.

Brighton 3:50 notarised 5/2 I got told to back him from a contact i know in the yard. but back him small he also told me there is a big one lined up next week

Sorry lads very poor but a small bet. we will make it I promise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

HEJAZ 4.50PM BRIGHTON.
    BWINDI 8.05PM SOUTHWELL.

He's a pro, pro at costing people money. Glad I didn't back these some of the worst running I've ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement