Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I put OSX Leopard on my computer?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Anti you are full of sh1t.... any mac user i know, knows how to fix their computer when stuff goes wrong while 90% of windows users i know havent got a clue and come running to me when the simplest thing goes wrong.

It is windows users who are retards if not for the fact that their knowledge of their OS is so poor, but for the fact they don't have the intelligence to be able to switch between OS's easily.

Also the fact that its mostly yanks who use macs is the worst anti-mac argument i have every heard.

The majority of MAC users I know are secretaries what does that say?

F*ck all is what it says.

Windows doesn't make you a retard as much as OS X or any other OS doesn't make you a retard.

What is retarded is blind retarded fanboyisim.

Arguing over what OS is "best" is as retarded as trying to convince someone to like a certain type of music.

Microsot/Apple/*NIX

All of them attack certain problem's and attack them in a certain way.
    They all do some things well and they all make a balls of others.
    You pick what does what YOU need to do and what does that best and that beyond anything else will be THE BEST OS for you.

Anything else is retarded nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Also the fact that its mostly yanks who use macs is the worst anti-mac argument i have every heard and is totally baseless...

I think that was me and it was meant as a bit of joke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Illegal doesn't have to mean against the law,

Now I hate to go etymological on your ass but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In computing the term illegal is often used to mean something that shouldn't happen, or is against the standard operation. Illegal Exception, Illegal Operation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

In computing the term illegal is often used to mean something that shouldn't happen, or is against the standard operation. Illegal Exception, Illegal Operation, etc.

I don't exactly know where you're going with this, Apple doesn't use the word illegal in the EULA, and when used in this thread, it has been meant with regard to the law rather than with regard to software errors.

So, eh, big whoop that you know something about programming?

I'm sure OSX will give a DoNotInstallOnDellException, or a DNIODe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

ntlbell wrote: »
    The majority of MAC users I know

MAC is a cosmetics company. This is a thread about comptuers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

astrofool wrote: »
    I don't exactly know where you're going with this, Apple doesn't use the word illegal in the EULA, and when used in this thread, it has been meant with regard to the law rather than with regard to software errors.

So, eh, big whoop that you know something about programming?

I'm sure OSX will give a DoNotInstallOnDellException, or a DNIODe.

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Anti wrote: »
    lol :)
    Oy vey...

Ok, I gave some bad examples. It doesn't change the fact that sometimes the word illegal in the context of computing doesn't always mean against the law. Its a nice sexy word that gets bandied about a lot. Not everything has been litigated. Installing OS X on a Dell is not illegal in the sense that Apple or Dell can prosecute or sue, but it is in the sense that you shouldn't expect support of help if/when everything goes wrong or it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Wow... we're an agressive bunch today...

Anywho - Different horses for different courses... and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

look , it is illegal , the gardai wont come to your house , but then again their a useless shower of ***** when it comes to implimenting anything other than penalty points .

now , Mac vs pc this thread could fill up to 1000+ pages and still have accomplished Sweet **** all

Mac users like pretty simple things . white , photoshop , final cut

pc users Overclock , Mod , tweak , Game , Crash , Fix , Game , Upgrade , Game harder

dont give me this bull**** that mac is a speciality machine cause thats just complete ****e.

pc's can be built from the ground up completely tailored , Any mac app there is a better app that will run on pc( im talking to all you final cut guys out there im sorry but Premier Pro is just better)

. thread has gone far ott , the question was can he install Osx on a pc ,

Answer , Yes , but its Illegal , your break steve's Eula , and hes the sob who like bricking Iphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

papu wrote: »
    look , it is illegal , the gardai wont come to your house , but then again their a useless shower of ***** when it comes to implimenting anything other than penalty points .

now , Mac vs pc this thread could fill up to 1000+ pages and still have accomplished Sweet **** all

Mac users like pretty simple things . white , photoshop , final cut

pc users Overclock , Mod , tweak , Game , Crash , Fix , Game , Upgrade , Game harder

dont give me this bull**** that mac is a speciality machine cause thats just complete ****e.

pc's can be built from the ground up completely tailored , Any mac app there is a better app that will run on pc( im talking to all you final cut guys out there im sorry but Premier Pro is just better)

. thread has gone far ott , the question was can he install Osx on a pc ,

Answer , Yes , but its Illegal , your break steve's Eula , and hes the sob who like bricking Iphones.

lol. I take it you're a gamer? You guys tend to have a natural tendency to hiss at and shrink away from Macs. Get out much at all?

Well a few of us have offered balanced facts and informed opinions, maybe you could not pollute the thread with the "sweet **** all" you have to offer. You have no clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Right I think we're done here. Be glad I'm in a good mood and not handing out bans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement