Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Over Night Thread (Nightshift)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I dont know why i'm still up - i'm not a night person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Was in bed until 3pm today so still not quite ready for sleep yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I really need to be in bed; trying to motivate myself to turn off laptop and go... Damn wireless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I work night shifts in Sainsburys, my shifts are from 10pm until 6am so I don't normally sleep until about 7/8 and then don't wake up until at least 3/4.
    Even when I'm not working I can't sleep until about 6am these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nightshifting too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlsfYDj2HWA . I think boards will be the death of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Well I'm on the night shift tonight 7pm - 7am.
    Ah well anyone else on it tonight, I think we should keep this thread going as much as possible as by about 4 am I am super bored

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've no work tomorrow so I'll probably be up late tonight. I'd say you'd be hard pressed to keep this going at a regular rate until 7am.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well I'm on the night shift tonight 7pm - 7am.
    Ah well anyone else on it tonight, I think we should keep this thread going as much as possible as by about 4 am I am super bored

Could be a good idea but it will take dedication...are you ready for this kind of commitment...?

No No I am on night shift as in I have to stay awake tonight till 7am in the office, looking at about 20 different PC screens, my wage at the end of the month is my dedication / commitment :p

So your just sitting at home being awake, anyone else in the office :)

No No I am on nightshift as in I have to stay awake tonight till 7am in the office, looking at about 20 different PC screens, my wage at the end of the month is my dedication :p

So you are just going to use us...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Does anyone ever do any work when their at work anymore? Or is it just me?

Dub13 wrote: »
    So you are just going to use us...?

use is such a horrible word I was thinking more................... well yeah ok "use" will do then :)
    Does anyone ever do any work when their at work anymore? Or is it just me?

When on day shift yeah I work and do stuff, nightshift no, unless something terrible goes pear shaped, I don't have MUCH work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

When on day shift yeah I work and do stuff, nightshift no, unless something terrible goes pear shaped, I don't have MUCH work to do.
    Some people have all the luck
    Interested in a job-swap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hmm I do have final fantasy 12 to play. If I get really into that I could end up staying up all night.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Some people have all the luck
    Interested in a job-swap?

Night shift sounds great, but trust me, its not all that its hyped up to be.
    When things go pear shaped it can be the worst experience ever. What you do anyway :p

Almighty, I could never get into FF games, although If I could get Team Fortress 2 in here I would be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Doing a late nighter tonight, some work badly overdue on the site. Anyone else here to keep me company?!!

Almighty, I could never get into FF games

Lucky you. All the hundreds of hours I've spend on them (oblivion as well), I could have used on something more productive. Oh well, time to level up another 100 odd levels. :D

Doing a late nighter tonight, some work badly overdue on the site. Anyone else here to keep me company?!!

I'm here till 7 might try snooze round 4 for an hour or so, but otherwise all the way Speed

Well at least you two have each other.....the possibility's are endless,I hope it goes well for you.

I will check in tomorrow to see how you got on.

Dub you suck!
    I was enjoying using you :p
    IrishSpeedTraps by site you mean website, you do web design?

• Advertisement

I have a lot of work to do tonight,is anybody else up for the night...?

I have a lot of work to do tonight,is anybody else up for the night...?

Fúck that I have work in the morning. I'll probably be up till about 3 though.

Fúck that I have work in the morning. I'll probably be up till about 3 though.

How much sleep can you get by on...?

How much sleep can you get by on...?

Depends. I can get by on around 2 or 3 hours but only for a couple of days in a row but I'd be wrecked towards the end.

I didn't get much sleep last night, I was working all day and I played football for about 2 hours after work so I'm shattered. Plus I'm working till 9 tomorrow so I'm gonna try and get a decent sleep tonight. I don't start until 12 tomorrow so I get a bit of a sleep in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm coming off the arse end of a late shift the last couple weeks and having trouble sleeping. And Oblivion is sucking my life away slowllllyyyyy...

SDooM wrote: »
    And Oblivion is sucking my life away slowllllyyyyy...

That game screwed up my sleeping patterns so badly. "Just another 5 minutes and then I'll go to bed". Before you know it, it's getting bright outside and one of your friends is getting up for work.

On here till 7am tonight, So I have to stay awake, anyone is more than welcome to keep me company till then.

That game screwed up my sleeping patterns so badly. "Just another 5 minutes and then I'll go to bed". Before you know it, it's getting bright outside and one of your friends is getting up for work.

I'd come home, at 11, stick on oblivion... and suddenly its 8 am. Man that game does what it says on the tin. And you look and theres 8 more quests you've picked up...

SDooM wrote: »
    I'd come home, at 11, stick on oblivion... and suddenly its 8 am. Man that game does what it says on the tin. And you look and theres 8 more quests you've picked up...

And a load of them are crap, like "I need you to pick a flower for me" or "There's a rat in my basement and I need someone to kill it". You still do them though.

• Advertisement

And a load of them are crap, like "I need you to pick a flower for me" or "There's a rat in my basement and I need someone to kill it". You still do them though.

Yeah but I killed that rat good. Was very proud of my work there. Yeah.

One of the voice actors pisses me off though, and Martin is Guy of Guisborne off the new Robin Hood!

Advertisement