Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Over Night Thread (Nightshift)

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:26am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so who is on the Nightshift tonight...?I will be on most of the night as I cant sleep my sleeping pattern is all fcuked up.So why are you on so late...?

Yes I am extremely board.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm usually on most nights until the backup but tonight I might head to bed a bit earlier as I'm fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

likewise, off work all week until saturday so staying up for no reason other than boards and family guy on bbc3

ac, have a sambuca, you'll feel better

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The backup...I remember that from my non working days,what time is it at these days 2:30/3:30...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I'll be staying up all night but my laptop is broken so I'm using my sister's comoputer. So as soon as she decides to go to bed, no more internet for me. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dub13 wrote: »
    The backup...I remember that from my non working days,what time is it at these days 2:30/3:30...?

About 3:10 give or take. It only lasts about 10 minutes now thanks to the new server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

up watching heroes myself.just waiting for it to load on season 2 ep 11.then must go to sleep.weather is bad tonight aint it.

what u mean backup.as in comp backup.for what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ok so who is on the Nightshift tonight...?I will be on most of the night as I cant sleep my sleeping pattern is all fcuked up.So why are you on so late...?

Yes I am extremely board.

I have a bad back so..I'm not going to be sleeping tonight. :mad:

floydmoon1 wrote: »

boards is backed up at approx 3.10 every morning so posts arent lost in the event of a hardware failure

It basically takes a copy of all the data in the database so that if anything happens to it, the admins will have a copy of it in case there is a hardware failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm in a different timezone.

Almost time for work :(

so u have to stay up and over see this.Am i right.

yeah, but you dont 'see' anything. boards just goes down for a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yeah, the backup doesn't provide the escape it once did. Sometimes I don't even notice it now and I'm trapped until the wee small hours.

Nope it's done automatically so nobody needs to be there and the mods here have no access to the database, only the admins do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm up til 2:30am every night regardless, but I'm on annual leave until the 9th of January so don't have to worry about work for the next few weeks, so I'll probably be up til 7am or so again.

I stay up because of teh pokars.

humbert wrote: »
    Yeah, the backup doesn't provide the escape it once did. Sometimes I don't even notice it now and I'm trapped until the wee small hours.

It happens to me sometimes when I come in drunk as well. Go on boards and then sober up and realise that I should go to bed. Drunk posting is great except having to do a search the next day to see what I posted.

does anyone actually work full time for boards.maybe there is info already about all this admin stuff some where.interested in how it started and all that.

Drunk modding is even better....

does anyone actually work full time for boards.maybe there is info already about all this admin stuff some where.interested in how it started and all that.

The admins are going to hire a developer who will work on different projects for the site. Other than that everyone does this out of their free time. I remember reading a thread about how it all started, I'll take a look for it. It was very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

rb_ie wrote: »
    I stay up because of teh pokars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

My previous few days of toxicity will result in me not being able to sleep until around half 4 - 5ish tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Here, drunk + hic cups = lack of sleep :mad:

What did we do before the internet...?On a night like this when I could not sleep I would have maybe turned on C4 in the hope of seeing a bit of tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm up for the Ice Hockey on NASN. That and I'm trying to get accustomed to the Eastern US timezone, I'm off to NY on Sunday

thats cool.did it start in ireland the whole boards thing cause i know there is a uk one right.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    That and I'm trying to get accustomed to the Eastern US timezone, I'm off to NY on Sunday

Good idea but it never works for me.

On a night like this when I could not sleep I would have maybe turned on C4 in the hope of seeing a bit of tit.

brings back memories of the cook the thief his wife and her lover. first bit of cabbage i remember seeing on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

thats cool.did it start in ireland the whole boards thing cause i know there is a uk one right.

All the "boards" sites originate from this one, but forums in general... I wouldn't know.

• Advertisement

interested in how it started and all that.

Read This

Advertisement