Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oiling up the Tape Players out in Montrose.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Any news on whether any of those overpaid saps in RTE actually have taken their salary cut.

It's a bit like that banker goon on telly the other day who presided over a catastrophic fall in his banks value and still gets a wedge of circa 2 million spuds.

Sure some of the broadcasters are competent at their jobs....but grossly overpaid.

As i keep saying it's lovely comfortable cosy club ..so it is ...with nobody but a board of politically appointed hacks to call you to account.

Paid for by John Q Taxpayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And the same John Q Taxpayer is funding their frequent holidays.

Kenny is gone today... usually back on Thur for the late late on Fri.

Cosy club is right Fulton, did I hear GR has the daughter in with him reading the papers for the show??

Another frikken dynasty starts, and people wonder why the public complain.

Public frikken facilities for their own nepotism and aggrandisment

Nice if you can get away with it:mad::mad:

And the same John Q Taxpayer is funding their frequent holidays.

Kenny is gone today... usually back on Thur for the late late on Fri.

Cosy club is right Fulton, did I hear GR has the daughter in with him reading the papers for the show??

No haven't heard that one but given the solidity of Ryans neck it wouldn't surprise me.

Didn't Gaybo have one of his daughters working on the Late late some years ago.

Unfortunately RTE got infested with alternative leftie types some years ago nad they have a tendency to self perpetuate.

When will we have a RTE board with with the guts to face down these so called "stars" an give them the proverbial shoe up the bracket. ??

Never a better time than now in this posters opinion.....

I'm afraid you might be waiting Fulton, I too on behalf of the long suffering John Q Taxpayer, would love to see the 'boot of reality' being introduced firmly up to the third eylet in their respective gooches,but I fear that the will to apply that eye smarting strategy is ,sadly ,not there in senior management or the Board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

This annoys me.

People, it works like this. The likes of GR, PK etc are self employed. They contract out their services to the highest payer (natch). They are given X amount of money & resources to produce a show.

It is up to them whom they employ on their production staff & who does the "filling in" etc. I'm 95% sure it comes out of their pocket.

If he employs his daughter to do something on the show, he's paying her, why should we care ? Sure it's nepotism, but that's business. Get over it.

• Advertisement

When a service to whom I pay €160 pa for the priviledge of listening to and watching,is in my opinion, overpaying it's staff ,I care.

I may not be totally right,but one thing is sure,whether on contract, on the staff, or otherwise,RTE stars are grossly overpaid in my opinion.

I pay my money, I have my say.

iMax wrote: »
    This annoys me.

People, it works like this. The likes of GR, PK etc are self employed. They contract out their services to the highest payer (natch). They are given X amount of money & resources to produce a show.

It is up to them whom they employ on their production staff & who does the "filling in" etc. I'm 95% sure it comes out of their pocket.

If he employs his daughter to do something on the show, he's paying her, why should we care ? Sure it's nepotism, but that's business. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Huh ? You serious pal ...?

If you take your position to it's logical conclusion it would be OK if he employed his entire family or "The Ryan Clan" as he calls them to present the show.

Nobody should be on the show just because they are the presenters daughter surely ?

I accept that nepotism in a family owned and run business is going to happen ...but in a national radio station.....no pal...just not on.

But who will cry ...STOP ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I'm deadly serious. He's paid to put together a package. I think he's grossly overpaid, but that's the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny off, Dungan on, radio off

I hear Joe Jackson took a delivery of Three-In-One oil the other day.

The stars should be lying back doing the nixer gigs around now, while John Q Taxpayer foots the bill for repeats and tapes over the busy holiday season.

Nice little number they have out there, although the new head seems to have put a little stop to their galloping all over the globe of spurious assignments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

This annoys me.

Thats not the case as far as I'm aware. They may be self employed but the production staff are not. They are staffers. All RTE gets is Pat Kenny's sharp wit or Gerry Ryan's toilet experiences. It's up to the well paid producers, very well paid series producer and not so well paid broadcast assistants to work with and make the best of the particular talent.
    In short, the huge salary is a contract payment for the individual, then RTE must furnish the production staff and facilities for the show.
    This may or may not include daughter of the talent.
    It's all the one, as Flutt points out, John Q taxpayer takes it up the jaxy.

he heh ...speaking of daughters, I nearly pooped my panties today in a moment of weakness.

yer one Donohue, the foghorn of the Mooney Show, the presenter with the most obnoxious accent and bullhorn delivery on today's airwaves was.... yes was pimping her daughters on the airwaves.

Sweet Jesus if the little 'uns have any of their mothers lambasting delivery and sledgehammer diction, God help us all.

Hope to fcuk RTE is privatised before those pair grow up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Any news on whether any of those overpaid saps in RTE actually have taken their salary cut.

As far as I understand it, everyone in RTE - overpaid, underpaid, sap and non-sap alike - has taken a voluntary pay cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I hear Joe Jackson took a delivery of Three-In-One oil the other day.

The stars should be lying back doing the nixer gigs around now, while John Q Taxpayer foots the bill for repeats and tapes over the busy holiday season.

Nice little number they have out there, although the new head seems to have put a little stop to their galloping all over the globe of spurious assignments.

Bah, humbug , Is it that time of year already ?

Indeed, not least when the license payer has to make do with repeats and the usual shyte churned out at this time of year.

Ce la vie:D

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Just nod if you can hear me.:pac:

Is there anyone home?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There is no gain that I'm receiving...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

In outer space, no one can hear you scream.....

• Advertisement

Thank God for the BBC..... a proper service and it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The following post is a collection of Diabhal Beag's most memorable posts from 2009. Please be aware that any texys sent in will not be read out etc.

This is basically an example of what I've been hearing today

Meanwhile BBC5 Live have full commentaries on 3 premier matches/analysis and one Championship match,reporters at all grounds filing reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Thank God for the BBC..... a proper service and it's free.

Somebody's paying for it (on your behalf)!

I tip my cap to them so:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's me when I am doing my shopping in the north. ;)

What I want to know is where is Joe Jackson???

he was all over the place like a bad rash anuraid, but not a word so far this year:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

It seems that Brendan Balfe's number was speed dial choice for Christmas '09 among lazy ass middle management at Montrose. His usual 'sound of the frikken century' - news clips and pop songs gets yet another airing this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What I want to know is where is Joe Jackson???

he was all over the place like a bad rash anuraid, but not a word so far this year:eek:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/joejacksonsjukebox/

• Advertisement

Holy camole, he hasn't gone away.

Tks for the info

Advertisement