Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oiling up the Tape Players out in Montrose.

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No Brendan O'connor for the 2nd weekend in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Hope they've enjoyed their time off over the Christmas, I finished up in my own job at lunchtime on the 21st and I'm not back at work until tomorrow. They're entitled to their holidays as well and hopefully it gives one or two others a chance to gain some opportunities and experience while they're off. Failings of senior management aren't the presenters' fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Marcel Sweet

Most of the "Top talent" back now ...folksy Ray still hangin in on the arternoon graveyard slot at a cool €450K + !

Be snapped up over in the UK so he would ...could be trouserin up to £80K sterling like Tubburty ?

Can't figure out why these Dudes don't give it a try.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

I wonder will we have a "Try it Sometime" moment from the disgraced once? Who will conduct the Interview?

"Two houses, one in Dublin and an Apartment in London, two housekeepers and multiple bags of sneachta...on my wages? You try it sometime."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amlinopta

No sign of Claire Byrne after a week. Carole Coleman presenting Morning Ireland, Samantha Libreri and Cian McCormack have already filled in this year. Just the five full time presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Tell us more about Sound Operators thing? Surely the producer would make decisions on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭leath_dub

There is no evidence of a producer whatsoever in that mess of a show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

The story as I heard it was that early on in the life of the Ray D'Arcy Show, he was determined to drive his own desk, even though a Sound Op. was assigned and rostered for the show. They could still very well be paid to be available for that to this day, I don't know.

The D'Arcy team also wanted a printer in the studio, as was the case in Today FM.

The team got a flat "no" to that request from somebody senior, pointing out that the noise of a printer in the studio would be too loud.

There followed a rant by somebody on the imported D'Arcy team about the Civil Service mentality of this decision - to much mirth from the techies.

The imported D'Arcy team never did mind taking the Civil Service money, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Strong bang of “Tell them fuhherk all and get the hell outa Dodge” from RTE today.

Goggins must be packed……

• Advertisement

Shay Byrne has been busy mixing it up all week with all sorts of genres. A bit of Country and Western, a big of Country, a bit of Country and Irish, a bit of Irish and Country, a bit of Western, a bit of Western and Country and some Irish.

And because he's on next week as well, he brought in an 80's compilation and ABBA Gold that he has in the car just in case he runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Did he play any of his Rising Time favourites:

Shaney Boy by Kevin Johnson

Mr Bojangles by Sammy Davis Junior

Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet

Anything from the Hamilton soundtrack

Post edited by dvcireland on

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Advertisement