Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oiling up the Tape Players out in Montrose.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Tell me that Ballsy dosn't get the A Lister holiday breaks...with his ratings tanking by the week ?

Any journo ever do a salary comparison between the Montrose and Ballymount crowd....like Duffy / Darcy and Moncreiffe......Clare Byrne / Claire Brock....Ni Bheolain / Col Fitz.

Be interesting....wonder why it has never happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And it won’t Nevin, so don’t hold your breath.

Best thing us plebs can do is be aware that a lot of these hacks think they can run the country and that their opinion is sacrosanct .

Ballsy has them on every weekend praising themselves.

You see they like to promote the idea that they are all geniuses and entitled to big wedges which is why they won’t ‘attack’ their own.

Keep it in the family is the motto and let John Q Taxpayer foot the bill.

Don’t be fooled folks….. that’s all I’m saying

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A few “classic” episodes of Des’s Island Discs dusted off to fill the gaps over the last week or so, including Francis Black today. Will be interesting to see which of the A team return to work tomorrow, presumably a few will be on extended leave until next week in true public service fashion

Good call am, they will come back in dribs and drabs, all full of the joys of spring totally oblivious that transport, health, retail, what’s left of hospitality have been working their asses off all over the ‘holiday’ period.

Getting a fraction of the pay Noel is organizing for these folk.

Fohhherke sake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

Clare Byrne and Tubs are off all this week, Baz Ashmory and Phil Boucher Hayes from tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Sure it would hardly worth their while going in for only four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im not sure the country can go another week without the sage words of Ryan Tubridy or the unique blend of make up and fear on Scare Byrne?

Im feeling abit rough after a booster a couple of days ago but maybe I am actually suffering withdrawl symptoms from not hearing from anyone in "Noel Kellys Harem" TM. for the last number of weeks....

Lord give me the strength to go on.......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 33,268 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So 2 of NK's big hitters are off on holidays, and they are replaced by 2 more of NK's talent?

Jez, that guy has RTE sown up for sure.

So, are any of these 4 RTE employees, or are they all contractors?

Noel Kelly has a disgusting amount of influence on RTE.....

Something Dee Forbes should answer for to a Dail Committee.....

Put she wont turn up at one...

Some neck......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I think PBH is a RTE staffer. Baz obviously NKM. The other person that sits in for Ryan is Oliver Callan. Jesus, I'd hate to think he sold out to NKM but with the amount of work he has gotten there - it's entirely possible.

Seems we have also paid for Noel to move out of the grubby D.12 Ind Est and into a nice place in Ballsbridge D.4. He just has to summon Dee down the road now so he can tell her who is presenting each show.

Sorry to see Claire is not back this week. My nails are in sh!te and as for the clutter in the kitchen, it's off the scale at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,966 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

God Bless the Morning Ireland crew, a whole to hours this morning, hopefully it won't be too trying for the team, finding their around the studio, figuring out what buttons to push after their extended festive season sabbatical.

First up.........

Covid & Schools 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,966 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pompous Boucher Hayes in covering Claire Byrne for another week, I'd forgotten she works School Hours 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

with the financial crisis that RTE are going through, why do they continue to employ outside Contractors to fill in on shows?

There are plenty of RTE Staff presenters, already receiving a salary, wandering corridors who could fill in on these shows?

PBH is an RTE Staffer, so that makes sense.

But Baz Ashmawy, Kathryn Thomas and Oliver Callan etc. are Contractors and must cost a fortune to fill in on a programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Moral Hannon reading the news on Radio 1 yesterday evening.

I presume itsthe same MH that used to have a column in The Star newspaper some years ago.

Not a great performance it has to be said, a bit too shaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,063 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Leave it off Kathryn; these days she has an extra lump to feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭RINO87

Is today a bank holiday or what? Full subs bench being utilized on Radio 1.....

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

• Registered Users Posts: 33,268 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice to only be in mid Feb but already most of our 'star players' have had a full weeks holidays.

Tubs couldn't even get past January before he needed a week off to 'recharge' from his oh so stressful job.

Nice work if you can get it.

Pretty much a full subs bench yesterday from Morning Ireland through to Kay Sheehy filling in for John Creedon. Tubs after a lengthy Christmas and New Year break and his January recharge the batteries week just about the only exception.

• Advertisement

Kay Sheehy filling in for Creedon!!!!!

Jaysus, she filled in for Rocks as well!!!!

Hardly did the three hours surely.

Have these scones jobs at all of do they just dial it in for the big wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Expunge

Nah, Creedon was on last night.

Jesus, even the half arsed management at RTE wouldn't put Keeeeeh Sheeeeeheeeeeee's difficult to listen to voice on instead of John Creedon.

Course she didn’t, Creedon well able to do heeeeeeeeeeese job!!!!

My mistake, she was on after 7 for Rocks! Petula Martin with a big promotion, off the bench to replace D’arcy. Kathyrn must be otherwise engaged, or on holidays like the rest of them

Id say tubridy is sick that hes in while the rest of NK herd are off....he'll be gone in a couple of weeks for paddys week...prob take 2 weeks off...

Cùnt

Well observed Steven, the NK herd either off or on shortened programmes over the ‘holiday period’.

Not an ounce of imagination in any of the replacement offerings, just rinse and repeat the Bank Holiday spreadsheet.

The fokking laugh about the whole thing is the people for whom the extra bank holiday is for are all in their places of work loooking after their patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Grainne Brookfield doing Late Date next week.

It's the only show that lets people show off their wares (when fiachna is covering for somebody else).

Fair play to Cathal for announcing it. The millionaire presenters say nothing the day before they visit a graveyard/climb a mountain etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,063 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Here be an unusual one to be in the Montrose tape deck; Derek Mooney was filling in for Aideen Gormley on Lyric FM over the weekend. Back in again next Saturday, apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Expunge

When you consider that Mooney was on nearly 170,000 Euro per annum back in 2014 and he's a staffer, now doing only one on-air hour a week, you can se why the powers that be want him doing a bit more.

I'd say they might be looking at him as a replacement for Marty Whelan in the medium term. One annoying clown for another.

• Advertisement

Even by RTE standards, Mooney with one hour of the wildlife show a week on that salary is just crazy, even if it is a reduction on previous years when he was making €5k per week. The mind boggles

Advertisement