Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well to answer your question then :) I don't believe in hitting anybody and have only ever done so as a last resort. :)

that respose is waaay to frickin serious for AH. don't forget to get the door on yer way out

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Was walking down Capel Street a few months ago and there was a gang of transvestites across the road. Some lads at the bank machine shouted something over to them. Big mistake, these guys(girls) were rough as ****. I thought they were actually going to go over and get stuck in. The lads at the bank machine quickly realised that they were dealing with people who would kick the living ****e out of them. Funny for me passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Degsy wrote: »
    Lol.I have to say that made me laugh.You sound like Ross out of friends " I studies ka ra tay for many years..."
    Degsy, that Ross impression is waaaaayy to good! :D I can almost hear him saying it :D
    that respose is waaay to frickin serious for AH. don't forget to get the door on yer way out

:p
    Oh yeah, forgot where I was :o
    Erm...yore ma?

Okay then...AH response...
    Of course I'd hit them, not only that I'd reach up their skirts, grab a hold of their dangly bits and remove 'em with one sharp and painful tug, thereby simultaneously hurting them but also making their dreams come true by turning them into something closer to a real woman!

Better much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hey if a woman feels the need to enter the ring with me then she's gonna get a swift punch in the face just like anyone else.

Trannys will just get bitchslapped because they're clearly beyond any teaching givin their state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Okay then...AH response...
    Of course I'd hit them, not only that I'd reach up their skirts, grab a hold of their dangly bits and remove 'em with one sharp and painful tug, thereby simultaneously hurting them but also making their dreams come true by turning them into something closer to a real woman!

Better much?

very much. nicely original too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Forget about punching a tranny......Would you fist a tranny? Thants what you really mean, isn't it?;)

Just to clarify, I wouldn't!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

goslie wrote: »
    Forget about punching a tranny......Would you fist a tranny? Thants what you really mean, isn't it?;)

Just to clarify, I wouldn't!

What if it was a woman dressed as a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

What if it was a woman dressed as a man?

This is gettting too philosophical, but - sh1t yeah, defo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I see no distinction between any of the sexes. If you deserve it, you're getting a smack.
    Regardless of gender, you shouldn't be hitting people smaller/weaker than you.
    My bouncer mate had to get a belt of an ashtray before he refined his position on the punching of chicks.
    Your bouncer mate shouldn't be punching anyone. He should be able to restrain anyone who is making a problem without striking them (with help from others, if needs be).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

daveharnett, I think you're living in a dream world if you think a bouncer automatically has the upperhand on anyone. I worked in a fair few bars / nightclubs while I was in college and I can tell you I definitely saw more instances of bouncers getting seriously injured by punters than vice versa.

If I were to attack a bouncer, I'd expect to get twatted for it and tbh, I should be. I've a large amount of sympathy for the guys given the legal restrictions imposed upon them which are seriously hazardous to their safety.

I'm not saying a bouncer should be able to kick the daylights out of someone but a good right hook or more preferably a shock from a stun gun held under license would be perfectly reasonable to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

WindSock wrote: »
    If you wouldn't hit a Woman, would you hit a Transsexual?

Damn right i would, infact id hit them twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

what about punching a knacker woman ? would you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

what about punching a knacker woman ? would you ?

Nah a swift kick to her balls would sort her !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Archeron wrote: »
    Whether or not you would hit a man dressed as a woman is a fair question, but it raises other questions too. Would you hit a woman dressed as a man? How about a hermpahradite wearing nothing and who has only one boob?
    What about two midgets stading on each others shoulders in a large rain coat to make them LOOK like one large man? What if those midgets are women but wearing a mans rain coat?

too many mental pictures,mommy my head hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What if the tranny was asking for it. i.e. into S&M.

And is it only OK to hit a male to female tranny below the belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Pigman II wrote: »
    Hey if a woman feels the need to enter the ring with me .

whatever turns ya on pigman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

What if the're hitting me or they have a weapon they intend to use on me? Or trying to rob my wife's purse, or fucking with my car, or casing my house?
    Your bouncer mate shouldn't be punching anyone. He should be able to restrain anyone who is making a problem without striking them (with help from others, if needs be).

Would that be before or after he gets the 4 stitches in his face? Tell me, he'd love to know. As for the second part of that statement, that only holds true on paper. The fact is one bouncer can hold at most one person, if the bouncers are outnumbered and the other guys are definitely going to have a fight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

daveharnett,

while i appreciate your point you have clearly left out the whole weapons issue, which is the great equaliser in my mind.

The only time i have ever struck anyone on a door in the course of my duties was when they were trying to hurt me with a weapon be it a broken pint glass, a knife or anything else.

You draw a weapon and the rules change. Simple as.

Anyone who thinks they can strike a bigger person, or try and seriously injure them because they are smaller and will get no comeback is a tool.

Actually, i am just adding in this after thought.

It occurs to me you might have seen a lot of cases of hand bags in pups, and these are easily ended by just showing up and everyone tends to stop....at worst you just pull them apart, lock someone up and walk them out.

Maybe you have never seen an actual fight kick off in a pup, glassing, chairs, people through windows. When that kind of **** goes down, and while it's not common it DOES happen....all bets are off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dragan wrote: »
    Maybe you have never seen an actual fight kick off in a pup, glassing, chairs, people through windows. When that kind of **** goes down, and while it's not common it DOES happen....all bets are off.

Jesus, I was going to ask 'where the fvck have you been working' and remembered..... your a bogger :eek: of course that sh*t happens!.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mairt wrote: »
    Jesus, I was going to ask 'where the fvck have you been working' and remembered..... your a bogger :eek: of course that sh*t happens!.

Yeah, things get complicated real fast when a fight breaks out in a club and everyone in there either knows, or is related to at least one of the guys involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd have no moral qualms about punching a woman if she was attacking me. Same with a weak bloke. If you attack someone, you deserve a smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Three times I've hit a woman.

Once when a mad bitch ran at me with a plank of wood, it was during the construction of the 'O Zone' club in Leixlip. A swift kick in the gee and dropped a left hook on her, lights out.

Then 01:10am New year's eve 2001, Bridge Bar, Westmoreland St (Dublin). A fight at the door, this little slut tried aiming a kick at my balls, another left hook & lights out for her too. I remember the because I'd to show the cops the security tape. The guards congratulated me on a great shot.

Then another time, Wrights Cafe Bar, Swords about three year's ago. I went out to collect money from a guy. The lads were busy trying to remove a woman from the VIP bar, I was in a hurry. Quick 'Rear naked Choke' (its a strangle), but her asleep, got my money and walked out. Stupid bitch pi$$ed herself.

All deserving what they got.

I've seen so many women try to exploit the fact that a guy wouldn't hit back and caused some very serious injuries, from glasses and bottled to the face/head to assaults with ash trays and in one particularly nasty assault in the old 'Rock a fellas' in Leixlip a girl who stuck the heel of her stilletto into a heads forehead.

Ordinarily I wouldn't hit either man or woman, but like I said earlier. Given the right circumstances both are legitimate targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

rubadub wrote: »
    So is hitting a stronger person any better?

Never got that cliche, "same as pick on somebody your own size".
    They are fair enough if the person attacking insigated the whole thing, but even then it should be
    "dont hit people".
    "dont pick on anybody"

People shouldnt hit people, end of story. If you hit a person expect to be hit back.

You should not hit anybody, no matter how big or small.

I am medium size, should I be allowed go into a gym and start beating the crap out of big hulks and expect them not to hit me back?

There were punch bags removed from some chemist or store chain recently, dunno if it was here or the UK. It was a "joke" punchbag marketed towards women, you had a place to put a picture of a man and then battered it. Some group that supported men who were domestically abused complained. A surprisingly large % of domestic violence is against men. Yet due to the macho culture etc it is laughed off like "ah the poor fella, did the girl beat you up", so lots probably goes unreported too. If woody allen was given a golf club or iron he could destroy mike tyson as he slept. No store would have even considered the punch bag if the sex was switched.

Agreed, although I don't see why you put my post about hitting unless in self defence at the beginning.

I witnessed female on male domestic abuse. The woman was far smaller and weaker than the man but the most he would do is try to restrain her whereas she was trying to hurt him. It's like in Of Mice and Men when Curly attacks bigger guys, if they win, people say they're bullies. If he wins, people say what a tough little guy he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Agreed, although I don't see why you put my post about hitting unless in self defence at the beginning.
    I was agreeing with your statement, which was similar to what I went onto say, I was only questioning the other quote after, sorry, I should have made it clearer.

people say they're bullies. If he wins, people say what a tough little guy he is.
    Never saw it, but get what you mean. In the film pacific heights the main nutter in it rings the cops in advance, goes downstairs and calmly provokes a fight. The fight ends up going out onto the street. Cops arrive and both guys are pretty bloody but they haul away the guy on his feet (the good guy). Seemed stupid to me, but it would probably go down like that in a nightclub. The beaten/weak guy must be in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

What about a tranny in a wheelchair, eh? Would you punch them then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Lamp 'em or clamp 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

daveharnett,

while i appreciate your point you have clearly left out the whole weapons issue, which is the great equaliser in my mind.

The only time i have ever struck anyone on a door in the course of my duties was when they were trying to hurt me with a weapon be it a broken pint glass, a knife or anything else.

You draw a weapon and the rules change. Simple as.

Anyone who thinks they can strike a bigger person, or try and seriously injure them because they are smaller and will get no comeback is a tool.

Actually, i am just adding in this after thought.

It occurs to me you might have seen a lot of cases of hand bags in pups, and these are easily ended by just showing up and everyone tends to stop....at worst you just pull them apart, lock someone up and walk them out.

Whats a pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Whats a pup?

pub*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

daveharnett,

A fair point well made dragan. Of course you are quite entitled to defend yourself. I just wanted to make the point that the rules are different for professionals, and the minimum necessary force should be used.

Advertisement