Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching...

Options
  • 20-12-2007 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

If you wouldn't hit a Woman, would you hit a Transsexual?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Who told you I wouldn't hit a woman? TELL ME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd hit a transexual and a butch woman and yore ma. As for punching...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Depends on the transsexual.

How burly are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Generally no, if I felt threatened, hell yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i prefer elbows to be honest. less likely to damage the knuckles, and my elbows are fudged anyway so i don't care about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oo er. I won't make you tell me twice :confused: @ MM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Equal rights, one punch at a time. \o/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Them and guys with glasses are open for punching!

Oh If only equal rights meant equal ability to weather a punch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I wouldn't hit a woman (or man for that matter) if they are close to me. Some randomer acting the bollox and leaving me no choice and i mean NO choice? Fúck em in the ear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

" Glasgow kiss " from me very time .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Pah. were living in post feminist times.

Why is it don't hit women?
    Why isn't it don't hit people unless in self defence etc?

I read a letter to the Galway advitiser where a woman complained about being hit by a man in a nightclub and how he wasn't a real man for hitting her as she's a woman. FFS, I doubt the woman is against equality so why is she using that as an excuse? Surely hitting a weaker man would be just as bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Weaker men wouldnt bitch :). only reason for not hitting women. Itd be like England winning the World Cup. You would have to listen to it for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

OP- familiar with physchiatric wards...?

:p

I doubt the woman is against equality so why is she using that as an excuse? Surely hitting a weaker man would be just as bad.

Since when does equal rights entitle us to equal physique?

Hitting an a weaker person is just as bad, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

WindSock wrote: »
    Since when does equal rights entitle us to equal physique?

yes, if you reread my post that is what I said:
    Surely hitting a weaker man would be just as bad.

I was using the term 'weaker man' as she was claiming that she, as a woman shouldnt be hit by a man. I did "just as bad". Meaning hitting someone weaker is bad full stop. As is hitting someone without a very good reason at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yes, they're not women.

Having said that I'm not a punch bag for anyone and I'd hit man or woman given the right circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why is it don't hit women?
    Why isn't it don't hit people unless in self defence etc?

So is hitting a stronger person any better?

Never got that cliche, "same as pick on somebody your own size".
    They are fair enough if the person attacking insigated the whole thing, but even then it should be
    "dont hit people".
    "dont pick on anybody"

People shouldnt hit people, end of story. If you hit a person expect to be hit back.

You should not hit anybody, no matter how big or small.

I am medium size, should I be allowed go into a gym and start beating the crap out of big hulks and expect them not to hit me back?

There were punch bags removed from some chemist or store chain recently, dunno if it was here or the UK. It was a "joke" punchbag marketed towards women, you had a place to put a picture of a man and then battered it. Some group that supported men who were domestically abused complained. A surprisingly large % of domestic violence is against men. Yet due to the macho culture etc it is laughed off like "ah the poor fella, did the girl beat you up", so lots probably goes unreported too. If woody allen was given a golf club or iron he could destroy mike tyson as he slept. No store would have even considered the punch bag if the sex was switched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Whether or not you would hit a man dressed as a woman is a fair question, but it raises other questions too. Would you hit a woman dressed as a man? How about a hermpahradite wearing nothing and who has only one boob?
    What about two midgets stading on each others shoulders in a large rain coat to make them LOOK like one large man? What if those midgets are women but wearing a mans rain coat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Well it would be pointless trying to give them a good kick in the mebs so maybe I'd go with a good hard pinch.

Of course not all trannys have to be male to female, I suppose they could be female to male, so I'm back to the good old kick in the mebs. The look on the face would be priceless. Imagine getting kicked in your brand new mebs and you're still paying for them on visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Archeron wrote: »
    Whether or not you would hit a man dressed as a woman is a fair question, but it raises other questions too. Would you hit a woman dressed as a man? How about a hermpahradite wearing nothing and who has only one boob?
    What about two midgets stading on each others shoulders in a large rain coat to make them LOOK like one large man? What if those midgets are women but wearing a mans rain coat?

Some of mans greatest unanswered questions there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

yes i'd hit a tranny, give them one from mother nature :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Windsock, not all transexuals are male to female transitions you know. About one-third (in the UK at least) are female to male. ;)

So for the guys that wouldn't hit a male-to-female TS would you hit a female-to-male TS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I've always thought this was such hipocritical bullshit.

Don't hit women, the poor little things, but you can beat fucking lumps out of any guy you want. My bouncer mate had to get a belt of an ashtray before he refined his position on the punching of chicks. I see no distinction between any of the sexes. If you deserve it, you're getting a smack.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Windsock, not all transexuals are male to female transitions you know. About one-third (in the UK at least) are female to male. ;)

So for the guys that wouldn't hit a male-to-female TS would you hit a female-to-male TS?

It was an either or question, really.

And the question really is aimed at those who are against hitting Women.
    If hitting Women is your thing, then no need to answer.

(by the way, I think some women deserve a good slap sometimes. me not included :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'll hit anyone under the right circumstances. If your trying to do me physical harm with some form of weapon then your getting it, plain and simple.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It was an either or question, really.

And the question really is aimed at those who are against hitting Women.
    If hitting Women is your thing, then no need to answer.

(by the way, I think some women deserve a good slap sometimes. me not included :))

Well to answer your question then :) I don't believe in hitting anybody and have only ever done so as a last resort. :) I've trained in martial arts for years so obviously during training I'd hit people but I really don't believe in hitting people out of anger. That's the point I'm trying to make. :)

If attacked I'd rather run first, wrestle someone to the ground second, subdue using locks and pain compliance techniques third, kick the living crap out of them only if I had no other choice. I usually talk my way out of these situations...the gift of the gab and all that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'll give them their rights..and a few lefts too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well to answer your question then :) I don't believe in hitting anybody and have only ever done so as a last resort. :) I've trained in martial arts for years so obviously during training I'd hit people but I really don't believe in hitting people out of anger. That's the point I'm trying to make. :)

If attacked I'd rather run first, wrestle someone to the ground second, subdue using locks and pain compliance techniques third, kick the living crap out of them only if I had no other choice. I usually talk my way out of these situations...the gift of the gab and all that ;)

Lol.I have to say that made me laugh.You sound like Ross out of friends " I studies ka ra tay for many years..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I find that with women a few nasty comments are more hurtful than a smack.
    "OMG, your ass is HUGE."
    "Did you get those shoes in a pound shop?"
    :D

Advertisement