Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People checking their phones in the cinema

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

johnp wrote: »
    I think we need to setup a website that gives out about people that give out on the internet.

Yes! and then we can waste time, energy and bandwidth by re-discussing topics that have already wasted time, energy and bandwidth before, somewhere far less relevant, just cause we all enjoy the sounds of our own voices.

Seriously, Who ****ing cares if someone uses their phone in the cinema, if it annoys you then do the world a favor and just buy a home cinema system and never leave the house.

Oh! and don't get me started on Sarcastic people on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lux23 wrote: »
    I always do it. I wouldn't answer a call or text someone though its just to check the time really. I would never notice someone else doing it, because normally Im looking at the screen not the people around me.

And why do you need to check the time :confused:
    If you needed to be somewhere you wouldn't go to see the movie.
    I think you are checking for txts. ;)

I was in the Savoy recently (wow it's gone downhill). There was nothing to remind people to turn off their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

Yep I have pretty much given up on going to the cinema for all of the reasons mentioned above. I never used to have a problem in cinemas, generally. Over the last 5-7 years though, something has happened probably every second time or so I went. It basically comes down to this. Stick a bunch of young Irish people into a room for a couple of hours to watch a film and you are near guaranteed that there will be a couple of inconsiderate pricks in there who dont give a **** about anyone else. Its a sign of the times.

As well as other people causing problems, films are getting stupid long lately - 2 hours+ is the new standard length it seems?

Anyway, whinge whinge whinge... i got a home cinema and problems solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

There was a fight in Cineworld the other night, think it was in the lobby, a friend told me about it

...should be shot. That'll teach them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I use my phone in the cinema just to piss off people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Ever see girls(and sometimes fellas too) pretending to be texting someone when their mate goes to the toilet or the bar?

Hmm funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

http://phonejammer.com/

i have a portable one of these and i have no problem in the cinema anymore !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mandatory beatings for those people and also for one individual I've encountered "Nah, its ok I can talk..Yeah I'm in the cinema..Ah the film? Its a load a shite!" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ever see girls(and sometimes fellas too) pretending to be texting someone when their mate goes to the toilet or the bar?

Hmm funny

I pretend to text people when im sitting on the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I pretend to text people when I'm texting people

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Was in cinema last xmas and some scangers kidzs were wearing those Xmas tree led runners everytime he moved his foot it caught my eye and ruined the whole experience for me, also hate people eating nachos, popcorn slurping drinks or the cheapos who buy their packets of crisps outside the cinema and put them all in a noisy plastic bag, also don't like little scangers who put their feet up on the chairs or smart arses who kick back of the chairs. So bad now I usually wait for movies to come out on DVD or else go to a really early show before the scangers are up and about and the cinema is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Was in cinema last xmas and some scangers kidzs were wearing those Xmas tree led runners everytime he moved his foot it caught my eye and ruined the whole experience for me, also hate people eating nachos, popcorn slurping drinks or the cheapos who buy their packets of crisps outside the cinema and put them all in a noisy plastic bag, also don't like little scangers who put their feet up on the chairs or smart arses who kick back of the chairs. So bad now I usually wait for movies to come out on DVD or else go to a really early show before the scangers are up and about and the cinema is empty.

I think avoiding people in general might be the best option for you

Well I think you could be right especially when it comes to cinema :) btw do u fall into scanger catagory? probably with a name like Robbie the Robber:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Snake Plisken needs to get over himself and I'm very far from a scanger.

Well I think you could be right especially when it comes to cinema :) btw do u fall into scanger catagory? probably with a name like Robbie the Robber:rolleyes:

Well when I'm drunk I fall into all sorts of places I have yet to fall into a category though :rolleyes:seen :rolleyes::rolleyes:and raised

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

I use my phone in the cinema just to piss off people

Legend.:rolleyes:

jackal wrote: »
    Legend.:rolleyes:

what? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

One of my friends always does this. It pisses me right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

magick wrote: »
    http://phonejammer.com/

i have a portable one of these and i have no problem in the cinema anymore !

:D

Heh thats pretty cool, I must get one of those.

I've no problem with people checking their phones briefly for the time or whatever, but people talking on their phones :mad:.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Snake Plisken needs to get over himself and I'm very far from a scanger.

Are you Robbie the Robber in disguise???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

**** you! A packet of crisps,jellies and a drink will cost me less than a small pop corn in the cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I recently told a group of young skangers to shut the f*** up in the cinema because they were talking about Deco being a playa and meetin sumtin like 7 boords in an hour

under cover of darkness of course, last thing I need is a hit put out on me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,734 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

someone answered their phone in the middle of 300 - i ****ed a handful of Heroes at them. I wouldnt mind but some good Caramel Kegs were lost in the battle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Overheal wrote: »
    someone answered their phone in the middle of 300 - i ****ed a handful of Heroes at them. I wouldnt mind but some good Caramel Kegs were lost in the battle :(

I guess that's why they are called heros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I generally avoid cinema's because where large crowds of people, and are expected to be quiet, there's always going to be a few d!ckheads. I hate teenagers who are in there for the sake of being there - talking, texting, mutually masturbating etc, kids who dont stfu, eating noises, people with bladders so small they cant hold in the piss for 90 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Overheal wrote: »

Disaster. I hope you went and retrieved them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

supertramp wrote: »
    People with phones in cinema are pathetic little lost people who do not have any happiness in their lives without the need they have for friends in their lives.
    lol...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,734 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Disaster. I hope you went and retrieved them!

No, in true warrior fasion they were left on the field of battle. Its OK though I'm sure the cleaner was happy to find a chocolate surprise, finely wrapped, waiting for him after he had to clear up the splooge from the couple having fellatio in the far corner :rolleyes:

Advertisement