Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, but no thanks

Options

Comments

Does anyone else attract men who drunkenly break down and blubber when you nicely tell them that you aren't interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

either that or their mam's dead.

no really, it's kinda weird how often me and a mate have heard that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Does anyone else attract men who drunkenly break down and blubber when you nicely tell them that you aren't interested?

Does this happen much then that's hilarious if I seen someone crying when rejected they would feel a lot worse after I finished laughing at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I've given guys my number, even when I've had a boyfriend.
    If they have the audocity to text me then i tell them to leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

What if he says ring me so I have your number? Girls have said it to me, so it could happen. Unless its just a girl thing to say it. Men don't think that far ahead!

Hehe, nearly got stung with that once!! Ran away before it became an issue!!

Some guys are so goddamn annoying though, me and my friend got in a full blown row with two guys one nite. I hadn't seen my friend in months, we were quite happily queing up in the chipper (we're classy girls!!) and these stupidly drunken guys insisted on butting into our conversation with really stupid comments like "Do you like potatoes?"! and general other rubbish, I got sick off this and told them that I hadn't seen my friend in a long time and would just like to have a chat with her, no offence. They went mental at us like it was their god given right to make us listen to their crap and then this other guy joined in saying what bitches we were. I was ridiculous!! And these guys were in their late twenties! :rolleyes:

In those situations it's hard to use the I've got a boyfriend line because they aren't so much chatting you up but just talking utter ****e to you and explaining politely you'd rather not talk to them doesn't seem to work!

Also when I did actually have a boyfriend and he wasn't out I'd get that 'Oh well he obviously doesn't love you very much if he isn't here etc' so really you can't win!

• Advertisement

Ahh come on! Thats the best bit of a good night out!!!! ^^

Lol, we were standin outside garda station waitin for our taxi and these two g0bsh1tes come over and ask us if we wanted some of their chicken burgers.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Also when I did actually have a boyfriend and he wasn't out I'd get that 'Oh well he obviously doesn't love you very much if he isn't here etc' so really you can't win!
    Tell him the boyfriend sent ya out to find the other female of ye're threesome.

If yer getting hassled on the dance floor, as I did a couple of times, he was all set to come home with me, and his friends were alll eggin him on, ya know "ahhhh be careful now!!" and that kinda sh!te.

So I mouth "HELP" at my friend, who was chattin another bloke.
    She marches over, grabs my wrist and says
    "Sorry babe but you're not her type." and drags me into the bathroom.

Haha Subtle as a brick through a window that one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

jezza wrote: »
    I've given guys my number, even when I've had a boyfriend.
    If they have the audocity to text me then i tell them to leave me alone.

eh? this makes no sense. why give your number if you don't want them to text you at all.

To get them outta my face?
    I dont care if they have my number, as long as they don't text me.

Ahh come on! Thats the best bit of a good night out!!!! ^^

Lol, we were standin outside garda station waitin for our taxi and these two g0bsh1tes come over and ask us if we wanted some of their chicken burgers.

Hehe, yeah I agree I like ****e talk as much as the next person and will waffle away most of the time but you know sometimes you just wana catch up with your friends and don't want to have an in-depth conversation about the pros and cons of potatoes!! Sometimes I think you should be able to not partake and not get harrassed about it!!

• Advertisement

Tell him the boyfriend sent ya out to find the other female of ye're threesome.

Good one!! The last time I had the 'oh your boyfriend doesn't love you if he's not here thing' I did end up having a great laugh and banter with the guy once I'd established clearly to him he didn't have a hope!! I think guys get over it when they know where they stand early on but if they've chatted you up for ages and then you say I've got a boyfriend then get annoyed as they wasted so much time on you when they could have been chatting up your mate!

maple wrote: »
    eh? this makes no sense. why give your number if you don't want them to text you at all.

Sometimes it quicker and you avoid them hassling you and getting agressive about it. I've had drunk guys get uber aggressive so it can be the easiest way sometimes. Sad but true!!

lol a mate of mine in college was tellin me about when herself and her fella had no money for drink, she'd get chattin to some fella and when he'd insist on buyin her a drink shes say, alright but ya'll have to buy one for my boyfriend too, hes sittin over there.

legend!

To get them outta my face?
    I dont care if they have my number, as long as they don't text me.

bizarre. complete mixed message to give to a guy.

If he asks me for my number, i'll give it.

If he texts me i'll tell him to bog off.
    If he starts a row, even better.

lol a mate of mine in college was tellin me about when herself and her fella had no money for drink, she'd get chattin to some fella and when he'd insist on buyin her a drink shes say, alright but ya'll have to buy one for my boyfriend too, hes sittin over there.

legend!

And did the guy actually buy them drinks!! Maybe he had some unfulfilled threesome fantasies!

I wouldn't generally let randomers buy me drinks as if you're not interested in them they won't be best pleased they've wasted loads of money on you! You're asking for trouble if you're playing them along in that way.

If he asks me for my number, i'll give it.

If he texts me i'll tell him to bog off.
    If he starts a row, even better.

classy. :rolleyes:

Lol yeah sure i'd say the poor sh!t was so dumbfounded at her cheek!!

At teh risk at sounding like a bitch but playing guys is so much fun.
    But then again I like guys who'll play me.

Treat relationships like a boxing match, and never play games with a girl that can play em better!

maple wrote: »
    classy. :rolleyes:
    What? It passes the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What's wrong with just saying "I have a boyfriend?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Gauge wrote: »
    Only work if its true. Lying is often obvious and people are far more likely to be annoyed at being lied to than been shot down.

And if this were any other forum people would assume jezza is trolling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Only work if its true. Lying is often obvious and people are far more likely to be annoyed at being lied to than been shot down.

And if this were any other forum people would assume jezza is trolling...

Yeah, I was referring to jezza as she said she had a boyfriend.

Jezza is not trollin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Gauge wrote: »

in my experience this NEVER works. i've only ever said this when it was true and each time i hadnt even flirted but i've been followedf, harassed, even spat on. the general response is "so have i...;)" to which i say then i mustnt be you're type :rolleyes:

a group of like 5 lads, 3 of which 6 foot something and built like tanks the other ones weedy nasty little fellas wouldnt leave me and two of my mates alone one night.
    it was the fault of one of the girls though. she wouldnt stop dancing with them and when it came time to leave they wanted us to back to their gaf.

i wanted nothing to do with it (i was drunk, had a bf and didnt trust them). the other two girls werent drunk but were up for it :rolleyes: even though the lads said they ALL had gfs and just wanted to hang out. they got aggressive with me for saying no and the girls STILL wanted to go but once he spat at me i stormed off and left the dim wits to their own devises. they soon followed me but guilt tripped me about it. dont go out with them since.

i HATE nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

To clarify:
    Im a man, who was saying the easiest thing is not to lead men on in the first place.

Though I conceded some men believe just saying hello is a sign that they are in there, and thats rather pathetic. Eg, a guy I knew.

My apologies, I took my own meaning from what you were saying. Just goes to show I was wrong to assume.
    It's a pain when that happens, isn't it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Years ago I was asked up at a slow set and when I refused and pilitely might I add, the guy spat in my face! Can't beleive it happened to you too Spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Karen33 wrote: »
    Years ago I was asked up at a slow set and when I refused and pilitely might I add, the guy spat in my face! Can't beleive it happened to you too Spin!

What that is discusting i hope you kicked him the nuts that is all that guy deserved.

Karen33 wrote: »

Same thing happened to my friend when we were out this christmas.
    The wanker seemingly had the memory of a goldfish, and would try to molest her and then back off when he could see she wasn't interested. Then do it again 16 seconds later.
    He was quite drunk so she wasn't aggressive or anything, but in the end he spat on her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

any form of rejection will put me off...

I quit way too easy, i never bother my arse letting her get to the "ive a boyfriend" bit..

She either wants it or not... most of them are "nots" but once and a while, when the moon is full and the correct stars align, i strike it lucky :D ... and so does she.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

snyper wrote: »
    any form of rejection will put me off...

I quit way too easy, i never bother my arse letting her get to the "ive a boyfriend" bit..

She either wants it or not... most of them are "nots" but once and a while, when the moon is full and the correct stars align, i strike it lucky :D ... and so does she.

I'm with you, dude. The first hint of lack of interest and I leggit, in order to preserve my pride.

BUT, after a reading a few Ross O Carroll-kelly books over the xmas, I'm ready to start being more cocky.

Watch out for such classic Tallaght01 lines as "Your loss, doll...what's your friend's name?".

Advertisement