Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JimDgent wrote: »
    Ah here!!!... did u read the title of the thread this was posted under?? 😠 And go back to the very first post... it mentions SKY, Paypal, Dell, Curry's!! I don't see you removing their names! 😠 I did not slag off any company or call them names... if you read my posts!! So what if I actually did... the thread is about consumer complaints and the worst companies to deal with... name and shame, is what I say. I'd say you picked on me because you either work for <snip> or you know someone working there!!! 😉 You are hiding something, by removing the company name ONLY from my posts... and no one else's!! 😠

Do not argue with moderation on-thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JimDgent wrote: »
    No, I didn't buy a car that I knew had issues! What issues are you talking about? The issues developed after I bought the car.

This is what i was referring to. You could hear there was a problem yet you bought it anyway without taking the advice of a mechanic.
    The cause of the alternator going was due to bearing faillure in the alternator. This could be heard when I bought the car because there was a grumbling sound coming from the engine when I bought it, but I couldn't find where it was coming from. So I thought I was imagining things when I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If any poster has a concern or question about the policies of this forum, or Boards, you can discuss it with a member of the mod team, or raise the question in Feedback. Please do not do it in this thread

@JimDgent - there is a difference between reasonable feedback on positive/negative service and claiming that a company sold a defective vehicle (which is a crime if proven). We removed the name, but allowed you to continue to have a discussion, where you could could get advice on how to proceed. The fact that you continued to deliberately post the name of the company shows that you were determined to bad mouth them. Hence our warning to you.

Do not continue this discussion on this thread.

dudara

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Patww79 wrote: »

And there is a good reason. As admins, part of our remit is to ensure that anything that could constitute a threat against the site is dealt with. So when a person posts that X company are cowboys, and when that post is then reported by the said company advising that their legal people are looking into it, we have no option but to take action. Now in this case, as dudara said, we did allow the poster the opportunity to continue the discussion by merely removing the company name, which under the circumstances I think was a pretty fair solution.

However what isn't seen by most posters are the several other posts each week that are completely removed due to their defamatory nature against specific companies or individuals. We have no problem with someone complaining about poor service and naming the company involved, but if a complaint brought to our attention is defamatory, abusive or accuses the company of illegal activity we do have to act in the best interests of the site. I hope that clarifies things for you, but if you have any further questions please feel free to PM me so we don't drag this thread off-topic any longer.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Wish.com

Ordered something October 14th, with an estimated delivery of about November 26th. A week after that date had passed, it still hadn't arrived, so I just sent a quick message to tell them I was still waiting on it.

I didn't ask for a refund, I didn't complain, I even specifically said I understood the delay, it having to come from China through the Christmas madness. I was just letting them know.

Woke up today to a full refund - even though they tracked it to Ireland, so it should arrive any day now - and that I can keep it for free when it arrives.

It was only a €4 item too, I almost feel bad for taking it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Short & Sweet: O'Briens Templeogue Service Station: Great Christmas Chestnut Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

This one may not be popular for praise ! .... but .... The Revenue Commissionaires.

Any time I deal with them their service is really good. Recently had to deal with them in relation to the death of a relative, who was an employer .... so I was helping sort out some things ..... the guy I dealt with in Revenue was fantastic, went over and above to be helpful ..... contrast to dealing with the bank on the same topic is miles apart, bank totally unhelpful and got many things wrong.

Another excellent government agency is the IDA ... again really efficient and helpful.

By the way, I am not a public servant, but as a taxpayer and employer, Revenue and IDA deserve a lot of praise in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

towger wrote:
    This one may not be popular for praise ! .... but .... The Revenue Commissionaires.

Only had to deal with them once and that was after my mother died. Have to say that despite all the names they are called, like you, they were brilliant to deal with. Much under-appreciated dept!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Three continue to dredge the depths in a Small Claims procedure. After asking the Courts Service for documents they already had (wasting time) they actually send a photocopy of one of them back in a further pointless time waste of a letter.

Do hope the judge sees through this - if they bother attending.

The second my contract is out I'm leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

HMV are the only complaint i have ever had to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Best consumer service I've gotten in 2016 - Carlislebrass.com Great response to very unclear mail from me that sorted out a major issue for me. Took the time to think about the issue and returned a meaningful and helpful response.
    Running 2nd - Irish Life Health

Worst experience - Bank of Ireland and Irish Permanent - no people left in Branch to deal with. Have now to take time out of work to deal with them as they close the cash desks at lunch time when people actually want to do their banking.
    Worst Worst experience - Computer Share Executor services

These are my opinions and not that of Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3 omlika

I would like to share my experience as a Greyhound customer. I recently discovered that my contract terms were changed back in August without my consent to switch to a pay by weight plan instead of the fixed 19.5 Euro per month plan I was on for the previous year. Going through the statements I see my charges increased by more than double and caused mis-collections due to the account balance running low. I admit that it is my fault to not have realized this earlier to limit the damage. But checking the balance of my bin collection account was not my main focus in the previous months, assuming there was no reason to expect a change after the government stepped back with the legislation change. What made things worst was my customer service call. It was shocking to listen to Greyhound explanation which consist of them having changed all customers’ accounts to the pay by weight because the government forced them in June/July and when the new regulation did not go through instead of reverting the change, they sent letters to all their customers informing them to request if they want to stay with their old plan.
    But WHY?
    Isn't easier to keep us on our existing plan and propose us if we want to join a new plan. The agent was trying to convince me that what they did was normal and I was at fault for not calling them to ask them to revert the change. I thought if one part changes the terms of a contract they must ensure that the other part is informed and accepts the change.
    In fact, I did not receive any letter and did not suspect any change.
    When I asked the agent to revert me to the fixed 19.5 Euro per month, I was told that I have to pay 39 Euro as security deposit and 19.5 charge for 1 month in advance even though my current balance is above 19.5. It feels like Greyhound is trying to make our life difficult or what?
    Why switching me without my consent to a different plan does not require a security deposit and reverting to my previous plan requires one!!?
    I asked for the procedure to complain about not being properly informed and to seek a refund of the extra per weight charges incurred as consequence and the agent answered in an arrogant manner: "your request is rejected, I am telling you now, and you can't complain". Ok can you please reply to me by writing that I complained and that you rejected my compliant? The answer was NO.
    I am really disappointed.
    Was this practice used by other bin collection companies?
    I had not energy left to request canceling my account as I was in chock. I am obviously looking to cancel my account hoping they will not make it another nightmare.

Please share your advice on which company has a good service and does not mistreat its customers.

Merged into best/worst customer service thread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Calling out Komplett here for outstanding service.

I bought a motherboard back in 2012 which sadly died, replaced no problems. Sadly the replacement decided to also go to silicon heaven recently and not only did they immediately offer a replacement they compromised with me ordering a new one and paying for it for the old one to be refunded once returned as I couldn't be without the PC for an extended period.

They weren't even looking for the new mobo to be purchased from them but doing the decent thing and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Have spent quite a few thousand with them before, outstanding service and their support agents are incredibly friendly. Would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Must agree. Back when the collection point was operating I ordered a ton of parts on two occasions and found them really helpful, especially through boards in fact.

A little pricier than Scan.co.uk now with exchange rate but I like to split my business between the two. My only experience with the cheaper German websites was (surprisingly) very poor and would much prefer to deal with Komplett than them.

Merged into Best/Worst customer service thread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Just a quick shout out to Home Store and More, turned up with a faulty transformer for Christmas lights a couple of weeks ago with the intention of buying a replacement, explained it was over a year old, the item was replaced FOC as a goodwill gesture.

Can't get better than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Great service from Marvin.ie.

Ordered a takeaway for a few of us. It was an hour late, and one item didn't arrive. Before it arrived, I messaged Marvin asking how I'd go about getting a refund if it didn't arrive.

They emailed me, apologizing, are refunding the missing item and gave me a 15 euro discount code for my next order through their site.

Pretty great service, and very fast responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Worst, Turkish Airlines. Had return flights from Hong Kong to Dublin this Christmas. Missed our connection in Istanbul due to what I consider their fault; an absolute chaotic series of boarding gates, late boarding at the gate itself (we'd arrived on time and were basically told to go away), being told to wait in a different area as there "wasn't enough room" for us, coming back 30 minutes later to find that the Dublin flight had been boarded and closed in that time with no announcements whatsoever. Attempting to find a new flight, was treated like absolute **** by Turkish Airlines staff. Told the next available flight was 24 hours later, we'd get no compensation, no shuttle to a hotel and no offer of a hotel room. The "penalty fee" on the flight was €730 per person (incidentally, more than the entire cost of the HK-Ireland flights). Said I wanted to make a complaint; told i could do so at a computer or by calling their hotline. Asked for assistance in making this complaint on a computer; was told "what, you've never used a computer before?" and left to myself. Had difficulty doing anything on the Turkish keyboard as I couldn't find some necessary keys (e.g. "@). Found a flight that left that night via Paris for €300 per person instead of their €730 (which I'd need to wait 24 hours in the airport for).

Tried making a complaint on their website, which was incredibly difficult. Managed to make a complaint via Twitter; complaint and subsequent objection promptly dismissed with it being quite clear that they hadn't managed to process a single component of my complaint itself (their chaotic boarding, their staff's insulting attitude, etc).

They also broke my suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Worst, Turkish Airlines. Had return flights from Hong Kong to Dublin this Christmas. Missed our connection in Istanbul due to what I consider their fault; an absolute chaotic series of boarding gates, late boarding at the gate itself (we'd arrived on time and were basically told to go away), being told to wait in a different area as there "wasn't enough room" for us, coming back 30 minutes later to find that the Dublin flight had been boarded and closed in that time with no announcements whatsoever. Attempting to find a new flight, was treated like absolute **** by Turkish Airlines staff. Told the next available flight was 24 hours later, we'd get no compensation, no shuttle to a hotel and no offer of a hotel room. The "penalty fee" on the flight was €730 per person (incidentally, more than the entire cost of the HK-Ireland flights). Said I wanted to make a complaint; told i could do so at a computer or by calling their hotline. Asked for assistance in making this complaint on a computer; was told "what, you've never used a computer before?" and left to myself. Had difficulty doing anything on the Turkish keyboard as I couldn't find some necessary keys (e.g. "@). Found a flight that left that night via Paris for €300 per person instead of their €730 (which I'd need to wait 24 hours in the airport for).

Tried making a complaint on their website, which was incredibly difficult. Managed to make a complaint via Twitter; complaint and subsequent objection promptly dismissed with it being quite clear that they hadn't managed to process a single component of my complaint itself (their chaotic boarding, their staff's insulting attitude, etc).

They also broke my suitcase.

Did they take off for the IST-Dub leg with your luggage onboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I had a really good experience in Petmania in Santry recently.

One of my guinea pigs was quite sick and I was looking to get a piece of vetbed for him to snuggle into and keep warm on as he wasn't taking to his usual nuggle sacks. Normally vetbed costs about €25 per metre and some places won't cut it any smaller than that. I asked a member of staff about getting some. They asked what I was using it for and when I explained, they gave me some off-cuts for free because I buy so much guinea pig food in there. Suited my needs perfectly, it was enough for two snuggly beds, which my little fella loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Ordered 7 items delivered every month standing orders. All items are usually packaged separately.
    None arrived waited 7 days working days past delivery date and items still not showing on tracking at An Post now the likelihood of 1or 2 OK 3 items going missing is a possibility but wait for it 7 no way ho!sa.
    Well i asked for a wheres my stuff email showing order numbers and tracking numbers. Was offered replacement or money back well since i had to go to BOOTS to replace some of the items already i chose refund.
    Opened up my email ahah got my refund, well no not quite just one refund you know the one that shows when you want to send an email not seven emails what would be the need, i dutifully Copied and Pasted the previous emails with the one email with order no and tracking no:p.

So the moral of my story is Amazon never sent my stuff in the first place :eek: but took my money, also has brain dead staff that do not read emails. :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

How many orders are there? It is one order or 7 separate orders?

If the dispatches all had tracking numbers then they were sent by Amazon?

Spocker wrote: »
    How many orders are there? It is one order or 7 separate orders?

If the dispatches all had tracking numbers then they were sent by Amazon?

7 separate orders containing tablets, cream, dog flea drops, always packaged separately these arrive every month always in separate boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

DERICKOO wrote: »
    7 separate orders containing tablets, cream, dog flea drops, always packaged separately these arrive every month always in separate boxes

Is it possible that some might have been seized if they were considered to be medicines? Although I'm sure you would have been contacted about it by now. Saying that, Amazon deliveries have gotten appalling.

• Advertisement

quote@' If the dispatches all had tracking numbers then they were sent by Amazon?

What do i do if they arrive next week send them back after being refunded.

Advertisement